Remember when they told us 2 women passed the Marine Corps. fitness tests for combat? They lied....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep....just as many of us suspected....

Opinion | Women Don’t Belong in Combat Units

Only two women have passed the Marine Corps’s fabled infantry-officer training course out of the three dozen who have tried. Most wash out in the combat endurance test, administered on day one. Participants hike miles while carrying combat loads of 80 pounds or more, climb 20-foot ropes multiple times, and scale an 8-foot barrier. The purpose of the test is to ensure that officers can hump their own equipment and still arrive at a battleground mentally and physically capable of leading troops.

Most female aspirants couldn’t pass the test, so the Marines changed it from a pass/fail requirement to an unscored exercise with no bearing on the candidate’s ultimate evaluation. The weapons-company hike during the IOC is now “gender neutral,” meaning that officers can hand their pack to a buddy if they get tired, rather than carrying it for the course’s full 10 miles.

ShockedClaude.JPG

Isn't it only like 7 pullups? Geez, wondering if my old ass could cut it these days. :(

... I would never have respected any female if they were my CO in the USMC
...they never had the same requirements/etc as males

Isn't it only like 7 pullups? Geez, wondering if my old ass could cut it these days. :(
Pull ups are straight up and down no swing allowed no kipping no jerking nothing. I could do 20 with a kip but without about 4. Fortunately when I was in they allowed kipping.

Wtf is kipping? I used to do 25 straight up. Underhand.
A kip is a swing or jerk using your legs and back muscles to propel you over the bar. Of course it can not be to violent or your legs go over your waist and it doesn't count.

Pull ups are straight up and down no swing allowed no kipping no jerking nothing. I could do 20 with a kip but without about 4. Fortunately when I was in they allowed kipping.

Wtf is kipping? I used to do 25 straight up. Underhand.
A kip is a swing or jerk using your legs and back muscles to propel you over the bar. Of course it can not be to violent or your legs go over your waist and it doesn't count.

At one time I could do 25 from a dead hang. At one time I didn't have the body of Mel Sharples.

Men are stronger than woman. No doubt about that but a woman can pull a trigger just as easily as a man can.

if a woman wants a role in combat she'd better be good enough to do the job.

Men are stronger than woman. No doubt about that but a woman can pull a trigger just as easily as a man can.

if a woman wants a role in combat she'd better be good enough to do the job.

Can she throw a wounded man over her shoulder and firemans carry him to safety?

The Rangers have a neat trick for that, very efficient.

Yes! I found it, even! I bet Marines don't do this.

Forum List

Back