women failing Marine Corps combat course....

Quick question for all you testosterone laden males who have posted on this thread...............

Have you considered the FACT that women make better pilots than men? It's been proven many times, and as a matter of fact, I've seen it myself.

I've seen a woman outfly a man in an FA-18, and I saw her do it well.

Me personally? I'm glad women are in the military, and sorry, but there are many other things that can help on the battlefield other than brute strength.
That is an absurd claim. If they were so much better, they would fill the ranks of the Blue Angels every year. The truth is women are no better than men when it comes to piloting. Statistically speaking, they are worse, but that's likely because more men are interested in becoming pilots than women, which is why there are more of them. The fact that you saw a woman "outfly" a man is meaningless, and for the record, how the fuck would you "see" it happen? I worked on F/A-18s for years and never was able to "see" them fly. Sure I could see planes up in the air, but you aren't seeing anything other than a tiny spec way up in the air.

Actually, if you have a Secret clearance and are on good terms with the pilots (like I was with VFA-131), then they will take you places and let you see some of the good stuff. In Key West where we did fighter training, there is a room that has real time connections to the range where the pilots are doing their combat training, and there are "dummy" Sidewinder missiles that they load on the wings that transmit back their location and altitude in real time. Got to watch a few pilots go up against each other from that place.

Matter of fact, I've even been allowed to fly the "dome" over at Cecil Field on occasion. It's a mock FA-18 from the LEX forward that is in a spherical room where computers project onto the walls and, according to the pilots, it's as close as flying the real thing as you can get to on the ground. Unfortunate side effect of it though is around 30 min after exiting the simulator, you can end up with a case of really bad vertigo that lasts about 15 min.
So it was THAT limited experience that led to to delcare that "women are better pilots than men"? I once saw a kid hit a hole in one at the put-put-golf course in my town, so now im going to decalre that kids are better at golf then grown ups.

Actually, it was after seeing a female fly a male into the ground that I got interested in the physical differences (and strengths) between males and females, which led me into researching the various studies comparing the two.

Females are better at spatial relationships (meaning what is closest to me and what is farther away) that is very useful in a dogfight.

Women are better able to handle pain, and can focus better under stress. Again.....useful traits when in a dogfight.

I guess you never got invited to witness a dogfight on the training range, nor did you ever get to spend time in a simulator.

Sorry about your bad luck.

If that was true they'd be better race car drivers too. But that clearly isn't the case.

Women can make fine pilots, but to say that women in general make BETTER pilots than men is absurd.

Quick question for all you testosterone laden males who have posted on this thread...............

Have you considered the FACT that women make better pilots than men? It's been proven many times, and as a matter of fact, I've seen it myself.

Me personally? I'm glad women are in the military, and sorry, but there are many other things that can help on the battlefield other than brute strength.
That is an absurd claim. If they were so much better, they would fill the ranks of the Blue Angels every year. The truth is women are no better than men when it comes to piloting. Statistically speaking, they are worse, but that's likely because more men are interested in becoming pilots than women, which is why there are more of them. The fact that you saw a woman "outfly" a man is meaningless, and for the record, how the fuck would you "see" it happen? I worked on F/A-18s for years and never was able to "see" them fly. Sure I could see planes up in the air, but you aren't seeing anything other than a tiny spec way up in the air.

Actually, if you have a Secret clearance and are on good terms with the pilots (like I was with VFA-131), then they will take you places and let you see some of the good stuff. In Key West where we did fighter training, there is a room that has real time connections to the range where the pilots are doing their combat training, and there are "dummy" Sidewinder missiles that they load on the wings that transmit back their location and altitude in real time. Got to watch a few pilots go up against each other from that place.

Matter of fact, I've even been allowed to fly the "dome" over at Cecil Field on occasion. It's a mock FA-18 from the LEX forward that is in a spherical room where computers project onto the walls and, according to the pilots, it's as close as flying the real thing as you can get to on the ground. Unfortunate side effect of it though is around 30 min after exiting the simulator, you can end up with a case of really bad vertigo that lasts about 15 min.
So it was THAT limited experience that led to to delcare that "women are better pilots than men"? I once saw a kid hit a hole in one at the put-put-golf course in my town, so now im going to decalre that kids are better at golf then grown ups.

That's because GayBikerSailor is full of crap. He was a desk clerk in the Navy at the most.

Look- I am all in favor of integration of the armed forces- but everyone has to pass the same physical endurance test. If you can't pass it, then you don't go into the combat groups.

You're not allowed to say that.

[

Females are better at spatial relationships (meaning what is closest to me and what is farther away) that is very useful in a dogfight.

Like hell females are better at spatial relationships. They are far far worse. Women have better verbal skills than men and that's it and verbal skills qualify you only to be a social worker or english teacher. There's a reason why men run the world. They can do things while women can only talk. THINK

Look- I am all in favor of integration of the armed forces- but everyone has to pass the same physical endurance test. If you can't pass it, then you don't go into the combat groups.

You're not allowed to say that.

Yet I did.....and will do so again.

I have no problem with women in a combat role as long as they pass the requirements that men pass.

[

Like hell females are better at spatial relationships. They are far far worse. Women have better verbal skills than men and that's it and verbal skills qualify you only to be a social worker or english teacher. There's a reason why men run the world. They can do things while women can only talk. THINK

How ironic that you use the word 'think' in a post.

[

How ironic that you use the word 'think' in a post.

Poor little guy really thinks hes a thinker.

Here's a question for some.

If the standards are changed, are they still standards?

Stepping away from the military for a bit, look at police. See what happens when standards are changed, we have cops who are going to their gun much too quickly, because they are incapable of doing the job correctly without it.

Is that what you want our military to be?

As for the military specifically, when I first joined the Army, if you didn't meet the standards, you were "counseled" until you did or you were removed from the military. Nowadays people who can't meet standards just sue. It's ridiculous

Actually, it was after seeing a female fly a male into the ground that I got interested in the physical differences (and strengths) between males and females, which led me into researching the various studies comparing the two.

Women are better able to handle pain, and can focus better under stress. Again.....useful traits when in a dogfight.

I guess you never got invited to witness a dogfight on the training range, nor did you ever get to spend time in a simulator.

SOME women can handle pain better, Some women have better spatial relationship observance than men do, just like SOME men are better than women. Broad statements such as these are simply untrue. I have known and counted many aces among my friendships, and according to them, the primary attributes needed to be a good fighter pilot are excellent vision (by FAR the most important), aggressiveness, and an understanding of tactics and excellent SITUATIONAL AWARENESS.

Men ARE able to handle higher G loads than MOST women, but not all. Basically your entire comment here is PC clap trap and has no bearing in real world situations.

The first woman to make the Blue Angels was until 2014. Your position that women are better pilots just doesn't hold water, and even though the evidence points to the opposite being true, im not ready to declare that men are better pilots than women. Its a silly statement to make.

As everyone knows, women are physically, mentally, and psychologically inferior to men. They deserve equal opportunity but most fail when competing against men whether it is in the marines or the science laboratory or the corporate boardroom.

Hence the constant call from liberals for "special treatment" for women.

Please off yourself and put us out of your misery.

[

You are a SPECIAL kind of stupid, boy.

Note: the first 2-time AND the first 3-time Top Fuel champion was a woman. And yeah, she wrenched on her own dragster!

Womens may have to register for draft...

Court to Hear Whether Women Should Register for Draft
Dec 04, 2015 | WASHINGTON -- Whether Thursday's historic decision to allow women in all combat roles may require them to register for the draft faces its first test next week when a federal lawsuit challenging the male-only registration gets its day in court.
The case, National Coalition for Men vs. the Selective Service System, will be considered by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit in Pasadena, Calif., on Tuesday. The court date coincidentally occurs just days after Secretary of Defense Ash Carter opened all military combat roles to women, a decision he said may affect whether women are required to register for the draft. "It may do that," Carter said. "That is a matter of legal dispute right now, and in fact litigation." But Carter said the outcome of the court case won't affect the Pentagon's decision to move forward. "That legal determination won't affect what I announce today -- that is, our timetable for the implementation of the decisions I've announced today," he said. "But it is an issue that's out there."

female-marines-combat-804-ts600.jpg

Under the Military Selective Service Act, males must register 30 days after their 18th birthday with the Selective Service System, which could call upon them for compulsory military service in a time of war. They must stay registered until their 26th birthday. Coalition attorney Marc Angelucci, who will be arguing the case before the 9th Circuit on behalf of the organization, said Thursday's decision could have a big impact on the outcome of his case. "The fact that the military has now opened all combat roles for women can certainly affect this lawsuit," he said.

The case was initially dismissed in 2013 as premature by a lower federal district court, Angelucci said, because the Pentagon had not yet made a final decision on opening combat roles to women. The coalition appealed to the 9th Circuit, leading to Tuesday's hearing. "If the court of appeals does not reverse the dismissal, we will immediately refile this challenge," Angelucci said. "As long as there are any women in combat, there's no excuse for only forcing males to register for the draft." A senior defense official who worked closely with Carter on Thursday's decision to allow women in all combat roles called the lawsuit against the Selective Service Agency "a complicated matter." "Today obviously changes the facts," said the official, who spoke to reporters on background late Thursday following Carter's announcement.

Court to Hear Whether Women Should Register for Draft | Military.com

See also:

Female Soldiers Cleared to Serve in Infantry, Ranger, Special Forces
Dec 03, 2015 | In 2016, female soldiers will have the chance to serve in any infantry company, the 75th Ranger Regiment and on Special Forces teams -- all jobs that were previously closed to women.
Defense Secretary Ashton Carter's historic announcement on Thursday that all military combat-arms jobs will be open to women comes months after the first three female Army officers graduated from Ranger School, a grueling infantry leadership course opened only to males since it was founded in 1952. Capt. Kristen Griest, a 26-year-old military police officer and 1st Lt. Shaye Haver, a 26-year-old AH-64 Apache helicopter pilot earned their Ranger Tabs in August. Maj. Lisa A. Jaster, a 37-year-old combat engineer with the U.S. Army Reserve, graduated from the 62-day course in October. The trio were part of an original group of 19 females who volunteered to take part in the first-ever Ranger School class in April.

Carter's ruling finalizes the February 2012 directive made by then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta that all the services develop plans to open all direct-action combat jobs by January 2016. The move puts an end to the 1994 Direct Ground Combat Definition and Assignment Rule, the primary policy that restricted female members of the U.S. military from serving in units below brigade level whose primary mission is to engage in direct combat on the ground. "There will be no exceptions. This means that as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they never could before," Carter said at a Pentagon briefing. "They'll be allowed drive tanks fire mortars and lead infantry soldiers into combat," he said. "They will be able to serve as Army Rangers and Green Berets, Navy Seals, Marine Corps Infantry, Air Force Parajumpers, and everything else that previously was only open to men."

As of Jan. 1, women in the enlisted, commissioned officer and warrant officer ranks will be able to serve in all 11 series (infantry), 13F (fire Support Specialist), all 18 series (Special Forces) and all 19 series (armor and cavalry) military occupational specialties, or MOSs. All the services conducted studies to study the possible effects opening direct-combat jobs to women. Army Training and Doctrine Command conducted the U.S. Army Gender Integration Study, which considered institutional and cultural factors associated with the move. Army Medical Command conducted the U.S. Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine task assessment, which considered physical factors.

MORE

Last edited:

No. That is simply untrue, and I have spent years around F/A-18 pilots in particular. Quit making shit up.

No. That is simply untrue, and I have spent years around F/A-18 pilots in particular. Quit making shit up.

I was stationed with VFA-131 Wildcats from 1989 until 1994. They were stationed in Cecil Field FL at the time. And, being a PN, I spent a lot of time with the pilots, because the ready room was right next to the admin offices, and I spent a lot of time talking to them and learning stuff. Matter of fact, they asked me to make the model airplanes that they used to describe flight attitudes for attack, and repair them when necessary. They liked the way that I got actual squadron stickers and markings for the planes.

That's how I was able to get into the simulators and some of the other places that they let me in.

I was stationed with VFA-131 Wildcats from 1989 until 1994. They were stationed in Cecil Field FL at the time. And, being a PN, I spent a lot of time with the pilots, because the ready room was right next to the admin offices, and I spent a lot of time talking to them and learning stuff. Matter of fact, they asked me to make the model airplanes that they used to describe flight attitudes for attack, and repair them when necessary. They liked the way that I got actual squadron stickers and markings for the planes.

That's how I was able to get into the simulators and some of the other places that they let me in.
I was in VFA-125 (as an AME and plane captain), which is a massive training squadron. We trained male pilots, female pilots, hell, we even trained Israeli pilots, and no women were ever held up as "the best". If "women being the best pilots" was a real thing, trust me, I would know.

As a general rule, men have better reflexes and hand eye coordination than women.

women failing Marine Corps combat readiness course...can't meet physical requirements...

Female Marine Officers Not Cutting It in Combat Endurance Test PJ Tatler

You can read an earlier story about the 100 percent washout rate at the WaPo, including these first-person observations by a female Marine:

With body armor, Kevlar, a rifle and a huge pack on my 5’3’’ frame, I must have looked like a child next to the buff guys assembling for Day 1 of the Marine Corps’ Infantry Officer Course… but there came a point when I could not persuade my body to perform. It wasn’t a matter of will but of pure physical strength. My mind wanted more, but my muscles quivered in failure after multiple attempts. I began to shiver as I got cold. I was told I could not continue.

The question matters because Marine leaders have been watching female participants like me to help them decide how to integrate women into units and positions whose primary mission is to engage in direct ground combat. The Marines have until Jan. 1, 2016 , to request any exemptions from the Pentagon directive to open all combat roles to women.

Marine Sgt. Maj. Micheal P. Barrett, the senior enlisted adviser to the commandant, affirmed: “Our plan is deliberate, measured and responsible. We will not lower our standards.”

Not to worry, Obama and his tin-medal senior officers will do it for the USMC. Because women will do much better in actual combat, where their differently abled female strategies can come into play.

No surprise there... . Which is why Women have no business in the Corps and they sure as hell have no business in the grunts.

That's the worst Idea since DADT.

[

You are a SPECIAL kind of stupid, boy.

Note: the first 2-time AND the first 3-time Top Fuel champion was a woman. And yeah, she wrenched on her own dragster!

And what was her advantage? She drive a well setup system... and SHE's LIGHTER!

Forum List

Back