women failing Marine Corps combat course....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
women failing Marine Corps combat readiness course...can't meet physical requirements...

Female Marine Officers Not Cutting It in Combat Endurance Test PJ Tatler

You can read an earlier story about the 100 percent washout rate at the WaPo, including these first-person observations by a female Marine:

With body armor, Kevlar, a rifle and a huge pack on my 5’3’’ frame, I must have looked like a child next to the buff guys assembling for Day 1 of the Marine Corps’ Infantry Officer Course… but there came a point when I could not persuade my body to perform. It wasn’t a matter of will but of pure physical strength. My mind wanted more, but my muscles quivered in failure after multiple attempts. I began to shiver as I got cold. I was told I could not continue.

The question matters because Marine leaders have been watching female participants like me to help them decide how to integrate women into units and positions whose primary mission is to engage in direct ground combat. The Marines have until Jan. 1, 2016 , to request any exemptions from the Pentagon directive to open all combat roles to women.

Marine Sgt. Maj. Micheal P. Barrett, the senior enlisted adviser to the commandant, affirmed: “Our plan is deliberate, measured and responsible. We will not lower our standards.”

Not to worry, Obama and his tin-medal senior officers will do it for the USMC. Because women will do much better in actual combat, where their differently abled female strategies can come into play.

women failing Marine Corps combat readiness course...can't meet physical requirements...

Female Marine Officers Not Cutting It in Combat Endurance Test PJ Tatler

You can read an earlier story about the 100 percent washout rate at the WaPo, including these first-person observations by a female Marine:

With body armor, Kevlar, a rifle and a huge pack on my 5’3’’ frame, I must have looked like a child next to the buff guys assembling for Day 1 of the Marine Corps’ Infantry Officer Course… but there came a point when I could not persuade my body to perform. It wasn’t a matter of will but of pure physical strength. My mind wanted more, but my muscles quivered in failure after multiple attempts. I began to shiver as I got cold. I was told I could not continue.

The question matters because Marine leaders have been watching female participants like me to help them decide how to integrate women into units and positions whose primary mission is to engage in direct ground combat. The Marines have until Jan. 1, 2016 , to request any exemptions from the Pentagon directive to open all combat roles to women.

Marine Sgt. Maj. Micheal P. Barrett, the senior enlisted adviser to the commandant, affirmed: “Our plan is deliberate, measured and responsible. We will not lower our standards.”

Not to worry, Obama and his tin-medal senior officers will do it for the USMC. Because women will do much better in actual combat, where their differently abled female strategies can come into play.
I think there is a place for women in the services, but it should be that the services are smart enough to place them as according to their abilities and also according to their intellect in which is very much needed in different fields of the services. Who ever the idea was to try and train them in men's very physically demanding positions (IMHO) was just dumb, and the women who want to try and do what men do in some of the very extreme positions in which the men are highly conditioned physically for, and are just built for, is just dumb on their part as well. I think equality in some things is just a myth, but people want to challenge and try just about anything and everything these days. The problem is though, is that these try outs cost huge amounts of tax payers money over time, and then to have a failure as the results afterwards, umm is simply ridiculous if you ask me.

The very bad consequence of lowering standards for women is that the lowered standards don't only apply to women but men too.

Sounds good to me, I hope the Marine Corps becomes more female, more homosexual, and more diverse just for the lols.

Standards should not be lowered.

If a woman, or any man for that matter, cannot meet the physical fitness requirements, and can't go through with the physical training, than they just don't have what it takes, and should find something else to do with their lives.

Tough luck.

Quick question for all you testosterone laden males who have posted on this thread...............

Have you considered the FACT that women make better pilots than men? It's been proven many times, and as a matter of fact, I've seen it myself.

I've seen a woman outfly a man in an FA-18, and I saw her do it well.

Me personally? I'm glad women are in the military, and sorry, but there are many other things that can help on the battlefield other than brute strength.

Quick question for all you testosterone laden males who have posted on this thread...............

Have you considered the FACT that women make better pilots than men? It's been proven many times, and as a matter of fact, I've seen it myself.

Me personally? I'm glad women are in the military, and sorry, but there are many other things that can help on the battlefield other than brute strength.
You misunderstand me. My post is entirely serious. I would prefer an all female US Armed Forces, ideally homosexual and with women of color. Obviously this won't ever be 100% but the closer it moves towards that goal of integration and diversity the better.

there are many other things that can help on the battlefield other than brute strength.

Naturally, you would focus on that.

Of course I would. Tactics and strategy have been shown many times on the battlefield to win.

But........then again....................I would expect those with the brawn but not the brains to respond like you did.

Guess you spent more time at the gym than you did learning how the enemy actually works so that you could defeat them rather than piss them off with various attacks that did nothing.

What service did you serve in? I wanna know, so that I don't listen to them for tactical advice.

I recall pee-wee the lefty 'boasting' that a strong wind could blow him off his Huffy. ^^^

women pilots have not fought in air to air combat.....till then we won't know how they perform as combat pilots.....

No one is saying that women shouldn't be in the military, but that they should be suited for the positions in which they hold, and the military should not lower the standards in some fields for them..

When I was in military training many little white boys would cry for the drill to stop and let them rest.....

Sex is the number one item...

That is an absurd claim. If they were so much better, they would fill the ranks of the Blue Angels every year. The truth is women are no better than men when it comes to piloting. Statistically speaking, they are worse, but that's likely because more men are interested in becoming pilots than women, which is why there are more of them. The fact that you saw a woman "outfly" a man is meaningless, and for the record, how the fuck would you "see" it happen? I worked on F/A-18s for years and never was able to "see" them fly. Sure I could see planes up in the air, but you aren't seeing anything other than a tiny spec way up in the air.

A ground combat leader must be able to carry their pack their ammo and then maybe a wounded soldier, lowering the standards is the worst idea to come down the pike in forever.

A ground combat leader must be able to carry their pack their ammo and then maybe a wounded soldier, lowering the standards is the worst idea to come down the pike in forever.
And the heavy machine gun along with the radio..if they still do that..but usually you would do the two man carry with rifles...if they still do that...

Forum List

Back