Remember When MEN Played Football?

My grandpa went to a couple games at the Metropolitan Stadium... back in the day with Tarkenton.

There's our international airport out by there now, so planes would fly about a hundred feet over the stadium if it was still there. :lol:

I think the old stadium grounds are a parking lot and part of the Mall of America. They should just blow up the Metrodome.

I have Tarkenton's autograph.:cool:

:eek: :cool:

i only had potato skins and old newspaper soup to eat, had to walk in blizzards uphill (both ways) 25 km to school. under enemy fire. with lasers. and sharks. mounted on bears. and nazis!

no sissy shit for this tough homie here.

What kind of pussy shit is this?

I used to run my computer without ubuntu.

whoa, paulie. how did you survive?

excuse me now,

there are kids on the lawn, and that cloud looks suspicious.

One, they are used to it. Two, if they built a bigger domed stadium with more seats, they would have even more fans than just the ones freezing their asses off.

How about if you're a sissy and need a climate controlled stadium with synthetic turf you build a REAL f-ing roof?

Point is, when did football become a sissy's game?

it's part of the PC society.. and I'm not just thinking of the indoor part. If you breathe on the QB, it's a 15 yard penalty.

We used to play barefoot in shorts and we could hit harder than these current puss-wads do.

They couldn't tackle a chicken ....

How about if you're a sissy and need a climate controlled stadium with synthetic turf you build a REAL f-ing roof?

it's part of the PC society.. and I'm not just thinking of the indoor part. If you breathe on the QB, it's a 15 yard penalty.

We used to play barefoot in shorts and we could hit harder than these current puss-wads do.

your point?

Now here's a Mans Game
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8v-qZFVYnc&feature=related[/ame]

i only had potato skins and old newspaper soup to eat, had to walk in blizzards uphill (both ways) 25 km to school. under enemy fire. with lasers. and sharks. mounted on bears. and nazis!

no sissy shit for this tough homie here.

excuse me now,

your point?

Aren't you the one that bitches about who can't debate who?

Yet all you can do is a drive-by.

I made my point. It's obvious. You latter-day pussies are what you are.

And the plumbing: all the pipes have been flushed out and are filled with anti-freeze. Wiring the building for cameras and national broadcasting again. Getting all the electrical and heating infrastructure running again.

And it's probably more complicated than plowing snow off the field; that ground is like concrete right now having been under a foot of snow for weeks... they'd have to heat it so players' cleats would have a purpose, and so they wouldn't break wrists when being tackled to the ground.

That place was like a mausoleum. No point in spending all that money powering and heating it when it wasn't going to be used for half a year. I think the week estimate was on the high side, but they definitely didn't have enough time for this week's game.

It would be cool if the Vikings had their fiftieth anniversary celebration next week there.

The Vikings should play their next home game in LA.

I'm sure that's mostly a joke, but there's a sting of truth to it. That's the dark cloud that's been hanging over this state since Red McCombs. :doubt:

The Vikings are the only team to have a new stadium proposal but no new stadium right now. Every team that's been srsly wanting a new stadium, got one.

Um, not the Chargers.

I'm sure that's mostly a joke, but there's a sting of truth to it. That's the dark cloud that's been hanging over this state since Red McCombs. :doubt:

The Vikings are the only team to have a new stadium proposal but no new stadium right now. Every team that's been srsly wanting a new stadium, got one.

Um, not the Chargers.

Please don't bring up the "Chargers" in a thread reminiscing about when MEN played football regardless of the weather conditions.

Um, not the Chargers.

Huh. I didn't know the Chargers were looking for a new stadium. What's wrong with Qualcomm?

Now here's a Mans Game

Rugby is an awesome sport. Too bad it's not more popular over here. But forward passing changes the method of tackling, I think that's the big difference between the two. You definitely couldn't play full-contact football without pads; people would die.

Yeah...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGm-CciXt6o[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmwkWGw-UM"][/ame]

This was one was pretty weak too:

[youtube]HsIn0lih48w[/youtube]

Now here's a Mans Game

Rugby is an awesome sport. Too bad it's not more popular over here. But forward passing changes the method of tackling, I think that's the big difference between the two. You definitely couldn't play full-contact football without pads; people would die.
Only the wimps, most Rugby players wear protection, it's called Muscle

excuse me now,

your point?

Aren't you the one that bitches about who can't debate who?

Yet all you can do is a drive-by.

I made my point. It's obvious. You latter-day pussies are what you are.

i am not the one that bitches about who can't debate who, thanks for asking.

i am the one who is mocking your sorry has-been saggy ass for being a sad drunken sack with the memory of a fruitfly, and the courage of a 4 year old hiding behind his admin-role whenever he gets called on the carpet.

questions?

Only the wimps, most Rugby players wear protection, it's called Muscle

Some forwards wear those thin shoulder pads and scrum caps, and it's possible they might be a requirement in the next fifty years. But I'm telling you, football players are not wimps. Rugby is a contact sport; football is a collision sport. The tackling isn't the same.

A modern day mid tier college football team would wipe the shit out of a 60s NFL team. Calling them wimps is ridiculous.

And you can guarantee that building domes to play sports in is about being able to sell seats, not about what the players want.

Hell

Bring back Bud Grant as the Viking coach and make them play without heaters on the sidelines

Forum List

Back