Thanksgiving Football [NFL]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a little homage to Thanksgiving football [NFL] for this Coronavirus season. Thanks (and enjoy!),

tg15.jpg

====

This Thanksgiving, an Algerian-American US citizen named Isaac Satan was planning a nice Coronavirus-time Thanksgiving football (NFL) get-together with his wife Charline at their Virginia home. Isaac wanted everything to be perfect, because, as an Ivy League professor, he was very nerdy when it came to details and social activity. Isaac was quite ambitious for his Thanksgiving NFL party.

jag16.jpg

CHARLINE: "I love my husband; we're both Ivy Leauge professors; we share a Virginia home which we visit during the holiday season in America; we're coordinating a Thanksgiving football get-together this holiday season; I intend to manage all the food; he'll be taking care of all the entertainment details; we're working together; it's ironic, because I'm just not that big a fan of American professional football, but I'm somewhat happy about this plan!"

tg10.jpg

Charline made sure the actual Thanksgiving dinner-table decorations and set-up were quite reflective of the spirit of the season. She was par-excellence when it came to something like this, since her work as a professor didn't sully her interests in homegrown activity.

tg6.jpg

Isaac meanwhile made sure all the football entertainment preparations in the entertainment center room of their Virginia home were top-notch and all the high-definition features of the screens were in order. This was going to be a great mix of luxury and fun for Thanksgiving football [NFL].

tg11.jpg

The Detroit Lions are one of the two iconic NFL teams who traditionally play the Thanksgiving football game. There are multiple games broadcast on that day, but the Lions are usually one of the teams spotlighted. The Lions have had modest successes over the years and have boasted incredible teams and talents, including the legendary unstoppable running-back Barry Sanders. However, it's really just Thanksgiving football [NFL] that has stamped the Detroit Lions in the pages of American history, thus far anyways.

tg1.jpg

The other iconic NFL team spotlighted on Thanksgiving is the Green Bay Packers. This is a more successful Super Bowl winning team. They won the first two Super Bowls ever played and again in the modern era under the leadership of both QBs Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers. The Packers are unlike the Lions in that they win more Super Bowls, but the Lions and Packers square off every Thanksgiving, right? This makes the Packers, like the Lions, the other Thanksgiving football customary squad.

tg2.jpg

That doesn't mean the Lions and Packers don't boast thrilling and clever games during Thanksgiving, and Isaac Satan is aware of this as he plans his Coronavirus Thanksgiving football get-together with his Ivy League professor-wife Charline at their Virginia home during the holiday season!

tg3.jpg

ISAAC: I'm cheering for the Lions this year.
CHARLINE: I don't care, but I guess I'll cheer for the Packers, just to annoy you, dear.

tg5.jpg

Isaac hopes the Lions can pull off an upset, since the Packers are the clearly superior team this Coronavirus Thanksgiving.

tg4.jpg

Meanwhile, there're some Madden NFL football video-games set-up on the Microsoft Xbox system Isaac's set up for their guests' kids for the Thanksgiving football get-together.

tg13.jpg

Meanwhile, Charline's suggested to Isaac that the adults engage in some fun outdoor/backyard touch-footbal casual fun before the Lions-Packers game is broadcast on TV.

tg12.jpg

CHARLINE: Honestly, what I look forward to more on television during the holiday season, Coronavirus or not, is the Hallmark channel's series of outstanding holidasy season films featuring various well-known faces from American movies and media including Lori Loughlin and Dean Cain.

tg9.jpg

ISAAC: I have to admit Charline's love of those Hallmark channel holiday-season movies is not immature, and I often find these movies, when I'm watching them with her in our Virginia home, are quite reflective of the general lights of the season's spirits.

tg7.jpg

For Christmas, Isaac and Charline attend midnight mass and they drive all the way to a NYC church to do so. Ambitious?

tg14.jpg

Thanksgiving football [NFL] my friends is all about the experience of social activity and American cultural flair. It's a great blend of social spirit and seasonal warmth. You really don't have to be a fan of the NFL to appreciate why these Lions-Packers games almost always remind us of the general American love...of drinks!

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

tg15.jpg

Here's a nice collection of NFL team rings, something to bring to your own Thanksgiving NFL get-together!

Peace,

j2.jpg

j3.jpg
j4.jpg
j1.jpg

====

j5.jpg

The Detroit Lions have sucked for 60 years. What planet are you on? They have ruined many Thanksgivings in my household. Now we always root for the other team. It’s much more rewarding.

Forum List

Back