Remember When MEN Played Football?

Football is a business and it's all about packing the seats as full as possible. It's about fan comfort more than player comfort.

what about the fans in Green bay and chicago who freeze their asses off in december and January to watch their teams?

Football is a business and it's all about packing the seats as full as possible. It's about fan comfort more than player comfort.

what about the fans in Green bay and chicago who freeze their asses off in december and January to watch their teams?

One, they are used to it. Two, if they built a bigger domed stadium with more seats, they would have even more fans than just the ones freezing their asses off.

i only had potato skins and old newspaper soup to eat, had to walk in blizzards uphill (both ways) 25 km to school. under enemy fire. with lasers. and sharks. mounted on bears. and nazis!

no sissy shit for this tough homie here.

What kind of pussy shit is this?

I used to run my computer without ubuntu.

It was going to take nearly a week to get TCF stadium prepped.

Who's prepping the stadium? The Federal government?

I don't see why it would take so long to plow the field.
Then you have to get the concession stands up and running, complete with the attendant horde of health department inspectors and other bureaucrats, who are busy hassling elementary school bake sales this time of year, to stick in their noses.

And the plumbing: all the pipes have been flushed out and are filled with anti-freeze. Wiring the building for cameras and national broadcasting again. Getting all the electrical and heating infrastructure running again.

And it's probably more complicated than plowing snow off the field; that ground is like concrete right now having been under a foot of snow for weeks... they'd have to heat it so players' cleats would have a purpose, and so they wouldn't break wrists when being tackled to the ground.

That place was like a mausoleum. No point in spending all that money powering and heating it when it wasn't going to be used for half a year. I think the week estimate was on the high side, but they definitely didn't have enough time for this week's game.

It would be cool if the Vikings had their fiftieth anniversary celebration next week there.

Who's prepping the stadium? The Federal government?

I don't see why it would take so long to plow the field.
Then you have to get the concession stands up and running, complete with the attendant horde of health department inspectors and other bureaucrats, who are busy hassling elementary school bake sales this time of year, to stick in their noses.

And the plumbing: all the pipes have been flushed out and are filled with anti-freeze. Wiring the building for cameras and national broadcasting again. Getting all the electrical and heating infrastructure running again.

And it's probably more complicated than plowing snow off the field; that ground is like concrete right now having been under a foot of snow for weeks... they'd have to heat it so players' cleats would have a purpose, and so they wouldn't break wrists when being tackled to the ground.

That place was like a mausoleum. No point in spending all that money powering and heating it when it wasn't going to be used for half a year. I think the week estimate was on the high side, but they definitely didn't have enough time for this week's game.

It would be cool if the Vikings had their fiftieth anniversary celebration next week there.

The Vikings should play their next home game in LA.

icebowl.jpg

1967 NFL Championship. The ICe Bowl!!!!

Back in the day when players played hurt and the QB was not pampered. The pit was a place not to be entered by the faint of heart and it was not unusal to see players with blood on the uniforms. The weather? What weather.

I'm sure that's mostly a joke, but there's a sting of truth to it. That's the dark cloud that's been hanging over this state since Red McCombs. :doubt:

The Vikings are the only team to have a new stadium proposal but no new stadium right now. Every team that's been srsly wanting a new stadium, got one.

icebowl.jpg

1967 NFL Championship. The ICe Bowl!!!!

Back in the day when players played hurt and the QB was not pampered. The pit was a place not to be entered by the faint of heart and it was not unusal to see players with blood on the uniforms. The weather? What weather.
Right...And the players went back to bartending and banging nails in February...And the thought of year-round conditioning was laughable...And before teevee revenue sharing made millionaires out of third-string QBs...

My grandpa went to a couple games at the Metropolitan Stadium... back in the day with Tarkenton.

There's our international airport out by there now, so planes would fly about a hundred feet over the stadium if it was still there. :lol:

I think the old stadium grounds are a parking lot and part of the Mall of America. They should just blow up the Metrodome.

It was going to take nearly a week to get TCF stadium prepped.

Mid-life crisis he-man rant: FAIL!

Now, if you want to gripe about dressing NFL players up in pink for a month, you might get me aboard.

I think that's just what I said ...

I loved football when men who loved to play the game instead of talented money grubbers played it.

If you can't suit up and go regardless the weather, you may as well be wearing pink.
So do I.

But sometimes actual reality intervenes to make such knee-jerk rants look foolish.

And we all know how much you hate looking foolish....Don't we?

Foolish? Maybe to you, but then ... you are who you are.

One, they are used to it. Two, if they built a bigger domed stadium with more seats, they would have even more fans than just the ones freezing their asses off.

How about if you're a sissy and need a climate controlled stadium with synthetic turf you build a REAL f-ing roof?

Point is, when did football become a sissy's game?

I'm sure that's mostly a joke, but there's a sting of truth to it. That's the dark cloud that's been hanging over this state since Red McCombs. :doubt:

The Vikings are the only team to have a new stadium proposal but no new stadium right now. Every team that's been srsly wanting a new stadium, got one.

You blaming that traitor Red McCombs? The same red McCombs that has owned half the car dealerships here since the 60's at least?

You best find someone else to argue with, young 'un. Not only is he a liar -- promising us he'd bring the Vikes here -- he made his fortune ripping people off on cars/trucks HERE.

I hope he wins about as much as I hope the Titans do.

Traitors and sell-outs suck.

My grandpa went to a couple games at the Metropolitan Stadium... back in the day with Tarkenton.

There's our international airport out by there now, so planes would fly about a hundred feet over the stadium if it was still there. :lol:

I think the old stadium grounds are a parking lot and part of the Mall of America. They should just blow up the Metrodome.

I have Tarkenton's autograph.:cool:

How about if you're a sissy and need a climate controlled stadium with synthetic turf you build a REAL f-ing roof?

Point is, when did football become a sissy's game?

it's part of the PC society.. and I'm not just thinking of the indoor part. If you breathe on the QB, it's a 15 yard penalty.

Forum List

Back