Remember when liberals like Mark Cuban predicted the market would crash with Trump?

If Cuban did what he claimed he was going to do, he absolutely lost his ass.

That makes he laugh....I guess that’s one way to get the rich to pay their fair share.

Well considering how he made his many millions originally (and now billions from the Mavs), I suppose it's a case of "easy come easy go". He was in the right place at the right time, in the most over exuberant and overpriced business environment possibly in history.

It's nice to have dumb luck in life, not taking away from his ambitions and skills, those are his and the more power to him, but there's a massive difference between a guy making 6 figures and getting a shot to become a billionaire. I guarantee you he wouldn't disagree with how fortunate he was.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

CNN...right on top of it prior to the election.

A Trump win would sink stocks. What about Clinton?

A Trump win would sink stocks.

If Donald Trump wins the election, U.S. stocks (and likely many other markets overseas) will almost certainly tank.
How big of a drop? Forecasting firm Macroeconomic Advisors predicts an 8% fall in the U.S. A new paper out Friday from the Brookings Institute projects a 10% to 15% nosedive. You get the idea.

:badgrin:

Really, a 15% nosedive, not a 25% increase?

These “experts”missed it by 40%

Stupid fucks.:badgrin:

Lol @ Brookings. Left loons

Here is a good list of these stupid or lying shits....

So here is a rogues gallery of those who said the rally was impossible and boldly predicted the crash that was never to materialize.

• Mark Cuban. “I can say with 100 percent certainty that there is a really good chance we could see a huge, huge correction,” Cuban told CNN. “That uncertainty potentially as the president of the United States — that’s the last thing Wall Street wants to hear.”
  • Erik Jones. “You would see incredible pressure on stock prices if Trump wins and everyone flooding into rare metals like gold and into bonds” in the U.S., Germany and the United Kingdom, Erik Jones, professor at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, told Politico’s Ben White.
  • Justin Wolfers and Eric Zitzewitz. “Given the magnitude of the price movements, we estimate that market participants believe that a Trump victory would reduce the value of the S&P 500, the UK, and Asian stock markets by 10-15%,” University of Michigan professor Wolfers and Dartmouth professor Zitzewitz wrote in a report that supposedly scientifically forecast the market’s reaction to Trump’s victory
  • Andrew Ross Sorkin. The New York Times clomnist and CNBC anchor wrote: “In all likelihood, a Trump victory would lead to a swift, knee-jerk sell-off. Many investors will choose to sell stocks and ask questions later.” In fairness to Sorkin he hedged his believe in the sell-off by writing: In truth, it’s impossible to predict how the markets would settle into a Trump presidency, despite the speculation on all sides. In all likelihood, it will take time for investors to truly make sense and “math out” how his policies would affect the economy.
  • Lawrence G. McDonald of ACG Analytics hedged also, predicting a massive sell-off followed by a relief rally. “Trump will create a colossal panic, but the relief rally will be outstanding,” he told Sorkin. Well, he got the rally right, anyway.
  • Simon Johnson, a former chief economist of the IMF, a professor at MIT Sloan, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics, and co-founder of a leading economics blog, The Baseline Scenario had perhaps the most panicked reaction, in keeping with his status as America’s most authoritative economists. “With the United States’ presidential election on November 8, and a series of elections and other political decisions fast approaching in Europe, now is a good time to ask whether the global economy is in good enough shape to withstand another major negative shock. The answer, unfortunately, is that growth and employment around the world look fragile. A big adverse surprise – like the election of Donald Trump in the US – would likely cause the stock market to crash and plunge the world into recession,” Johnson wrote on October 29, 2016.
  • Ian Winer, director of equity sales trading for the securities firm Wedbush, predicted a 50 percent fall in stocks if Trump won.
  • Bridgewater Associates. “On Tuesday, Bridgewater Associates sent out a note to its clients predicting that the Dow Jones Industrial Average could plunge nearly 2,000 points in one day if Trump is elected president. That would be the biggest one-day slump in stock market history, by more than double, besting the 777 point plunge that happened on October 29, 2008, at the high of the panic surrounding the financial crisis. The drop would translate into a 10.4% dive, and immediately send the stock market into correction territory,’ Fortune‘s Stephen Gandel reported.
  • Tobias Levkovich, Citigroup’s chief U.S. equity analyst. “A win for Donald Trump in next week’s election could take a big bite out U.S. stocks, according to the latest forecast from Citi,” CNN Money reported. “In a note to clients late Thursday, the bank said the S&P 500 will fall by 3% to 5% immediately if Trump is elected. A victory by Hillary Clinton wouldn’t move stocks significantly, it predicted.”
  • Macroeconomic Advisers. “If Donald Trump wins the election, U.S. stocks (and likely many other markets overseas) will almost certainly tank,” Heather Long wrote for CNN Money. “How big of a drop? Forecasting firm Macroeconomic Advisors predicts an 8% fall in the U.S. A new paper out Friday from the Brookings Institute projects a 10% to 15% nosedive. You get the idea.”

Here is a good list of these stupid or lying shits....

So here is a rogues gallery of those who said the rally was impossible and boldly predicted the crash that was never to materialize.

• Mark Cuban. “I can say with 100 percent certainty that there is a really good chance we could see a huge, huge correction,” Cuban told CNN. “That uncertainty potentially as the president of the United States — that’s the last thing Wall Street wants to hear.”
  • Erik Jones. “You would see incredible pressure on stock prices if Trump wins and everyone flooding into rare metals like gold and into bonds” in the U.S., Germany and the United Kingdom, Erik Jones, professor at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, told Politico’s Ben White.
  • Justin Wolfers and Eric Zitzewitz. “Given the magnitude of the price movements, we estimate that market participants believe that a Trump victory would reduce the value of the S&P 500, the UK, and Asian stock markets by 10-15%,” University of Michigan professor Wolfers and Dartmouth professor Zitzewitz wrote in a report that supposedly scientifically forecast the market’s reaction to Trump’s victory
  • Andrew Ross Sorkin. The New York Times clomnist and CNBC anchor wrote: “In all likelihood, a Trump victory would lead to a swift, knee-jerk sell-off. Many investors will choose to sell stocks and ask questions later.” In fairness to Sorkin he hedged his believe in the sell-off by writing: In truth, it’s impossible to predict how the markets would settle into a Trump presidency, despite the speculation on all sides. In all likelihood, it will take time for investors to truly make sense and “math out” how his policies would affect the economy.
  • Lawrence G. McDonald of ACG Analytics hedged also, predicting a massive sell-off followed by a relief rally. “Trump will create a colossal panic, but the relief rally will be outstanding,” he told Sorkin. Well, he got the rally right, anyway.
  • Simon Johnson, a former chief economist of the IMF, a professor at MIT Sloan, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics, and co-founder of a leading economics blog, The Baseline Scenario had perhaps the most panicked reaction, in keeping with his status as America’s most authoritative economists. “With the United States’ presidential election on November 8, and a series of elections and other political decisions fast approaching in Europe, now is a good time to ask whether the global economy is in good enough shape to withstand another major negative shock. The answer, unfortunately, is that growth and employment around the world look fragile. A big adverse surprise – like the election of Donald Trump in the US – would likely cause the stock market to crash and plunge the world into recession,” Johnson wrote on October 29, 2016.
  • Ian Winer, director of equity sales trading for the securities firm Wedbush, predicted a 50 percent fall in stocks if Trump won.
  • Bridgewater Associates. “On Tuesday, Bridgewater Associates sent out a note to its clients predicting that the Dow Jones Industrial Average could plunge nearly 2,000 points in one day if Trump is elected president. That would be the biggest one-day slump in stock market history, by more than double, besting the 777 point plunge that happened on October 29, 2008, at the high of the panic surrounding the financial crisis. The drop would translate into a 10.4% dive, and immediately send the stock market into correction territory,’ Fortune‘s Stephen Gandel reported.
  • Tobias Levkovich, Citigroup’s chief U.S. equity analyst. “A win for Donald Trump in next week’s election could take a big bite out U.S. stocks, according to the latest forecast from Citi,” CNN Money reported. “In a note to clients late Thursday, the bank said the S&P 500 will fall by 3% to 5% immediately if Trump is elected. A victory by Hillary Clinton wouldn’t move stocks significantly, it predicted.”
  • Macroeconomic Advisers. “If Donald Trump wins the election, U.S. stocks (and likely many other markets overseas) will almost certainly tank,” Heather Long wrote for CNN Money. “How big of a drop? Forecasting firm Macroeconomic Advisors predicts an 8% fall in the U.S. A new paper out Friday from the Brookings Institute projects a 10% to 15% nosedive. You get the idea.”

Lol SURPRISE!!!!!

Will the Progs on the board tell us how much money they lost by following the advice of their Prog leaders?

The Stock Market is not an adequate gauge by which to measure the well-being of the Republic.

But these people predicted the STOCK MARKET would crash if Trump became President...up to 15% in the first year.

Well, Trump won. The market did not crash.

They were wrong. That is the discussion.

We are not discussing if the DOW is the best measure for the economy.

We are saying that those who predicted a stock market crash if Trump won were either stupid or lying.

Which one do you claim it was? Stupidity or lying?

When is Trump going to start acting like Hitler and take guns away from the citizens and open up death camps?

That was also a Prog prediction....Trump is Hitler.

Hitler took guns away from German citizens and he executed anyone who opposed him....when is that Prog prediction going to happen?

When is Trump going to start acting like Hitler and take guns away from the citizens and open up death camps?

Hitler took guns away from German citizens and he executed anyone who opposed him....when is that Prog prediction going to happen?

That "Nazi" thing was all the leftist rave for awhile. I knew it'd fizzle out

The Stock Market is not an adequate gauge by which to measure the well-being of the Republic and its People.

Very true. How about consumer confidence? You know, the people who benefit from a good stock market, and from increased jobs and wages because more of their money is in their pockets instead of in the governments pockets. Is that a good gauge?

U.S. Consumer Confidence Just Hit Its Highest Level in Almost 17 Years

I am pretty sure that makes you a racist misogynist homophobic transphobic Islamaphobic White Supremacist.

I figured that the Wall Street Swamp would fuck with the stock market in some way as revenge. Like if Soros types started massively shorting Dow stocks or some other manipulation in concert with the MSM. So I sold S&P and similar EFTs just before the election. Big...YUGE...mistake obviously. Missed out on tremendous gains.

I am pretty sure that makes you a racist misogynist homophobic transphobic Islamaphobic White Supremacist.

Or just very astute. I've been called all above and then some

The Stock Market is not an adequate gauge by which to measure the well-being of the Republic and its People.

Very true. How about consumer confidence? You know, the people who benefit from a good stock market, and from increased jobs and wages because more of their money is in their pockets instead of in the governments pockets. Is that a good gauge?

Don’t trust your paycheck and the gains in your investment accounts since the election....just listen to Progs....everything is awful!

He never fucking says why the market will crash if Trump is elected.

Progs are so full of shit. He was lying to try to help Hillary. It’s a tactic of instilling fear into people if Trump won.

I hope Cuban lost millions from his hedge, but he is straight up fucking lying.

I guarantee if you ask him now, he didn’t hedge shit, and if he did, he lost a shitton of money.

It's called fear mongering.

Trump will crash the economy, Trump will start a war, Trump will surrender to Putin, etc., etc.

The funny part is, Trump is the only President since I don't know when who has not started a war and improved the economy.

Hilarious.

Or just very astute. I've been called all above and then some

Trump is going to blow up the planet. He can’t be trusted with the nuclear missile codes!

He never fucking says why the market will crash if Trump is elected.

Progs are so full of shit. He was lying to try to help Hillary. It’s a tactic of instilling fear into people if Trump won.

I hope Cuban lost millions from his hedge, but he is straight up fucking lying.

I guarantee if you ask him now, he didn’t hedge shit, and if he did, he lost a shitton of money.

It's called fear mongering.

Trump will crash the economy, Trump will start a war, Trump will surrender to Putin, etc., etc.

The funny part is, Trump is the only President since I don't know when who has not started a war and improved the economy.

Hilarious.

Oh don't worry the loons will come up with plan #189 to remove Trump soon

Forum List

Back