Religious nut attacks atheist, judge berates victim

So the guy that decides to do something incredibly offensive and provocative in public should not be held accountable for his actions? I can think of many costumes that would not play well in certain public situations, one could dress as a Nazi or a klansman or a terrorist or a priest in certain situations or locations and fully expect to get their asses beat. There had to be some expectation on this guy's part of the possibility of a beat down, if not he truly is a dumbass. Just ask yourself, would you have gone out in public and mocked the Prophet Mohammed?

There is no law against people being offensive. If there were everyone in any occupy camp would have been arrested after not showering for a couple of days. Since there is no law against being offensive, ther is no need to hold offensive people accountable for their actions, which means you are very lucky, because I find the idea that people who are offensive deserve what happens to them offensive. Yes, that goes for people dressed like Nazis, KKK members, and even priests.

Bookmarking statement for later. Lots of protesters are going to get beaten this summer, let's see how you feel then.

Please do check back. As long as the protestors aren't breaking into buildings, slashing tires, vandalizing private property, or doing anything else illegal I will condemn whoever beats on them, or cops who pepper spray them.

The judge was correct in this ruling.

It is analogous to someone calling your mother a whore to your face.

He may have a first amendment right to say it, but you are still going to do your best to make them eat those words.

They knew what was coming, and no judge out here is going to put you in jail after someone baited to into an altercation.

And that was exactly what this was...baiting an altercation.

If you beat the crap out of someone who insults your mother you will end up in jail.

He may have a first amendment right to say it, but you are still going to do your best to make them eat those words.

They knew what was coming, and no judge out here is going to put you in jail after someone baited to into an altercation.

I'll ask you the same question... Would you feel the same way if it was a Catholic nutjob beating on the guy dressed as the zombie Pope?

No, because the Catholics generally don't feel the same way about the Pope as a Muslim feels about Mohammed or a country boy about family honor.

This guy was looking for a fight, and he found one...end of story.

I'll ask you the same question... Would you feel the same way if it was a Catholic nutjob beating on the guy dressed as the zombie Pope?

No, because the Catholics generally don't feel the same way about the Pope as a Muslim feels about Mohammed or a country boy about family honor.

American Muslims don't generally feel that way about Mohammed, either. It's the fucking imported EXTREMISTS who feel that way, and it STILL doesn't give them the right to assault someone.

Idiot!!

If you beat the crap out of someone who insults your mother you will end up in jail.

Someone instigate a fight and gets one, that's on him.

No judge is going to jail you for that.

This zombie Mohammed instigated the altercation.

He went out looking to offend someone...and he did. Now he wants to cry about it.

He went out looking to offend someone...and he did. Now he wants to cry about it.

Being offended doesn't give you the right to perpetrate violence! Your position on this offends me greatly, are you ready for YOUR beatdown??

American Muslims don't generally feel that way about Mohammed, either. It's the fucking imported EXTREMISTS who feel that way, and it STILL doesn't give them the right to assault someone.

Idiot!!

Not the way I understand it at all. All Muslim, not just extremists...look at Afghanistan, all those Muslims are in the streets over burning a Koran.

I stand by my opinion...if you go bait confrontation, what happen's to you as a result is on you.

I'll see if I can't dig up some examples on the internet and post some links.

so if i go out dress up as a zombie pope and a catholic man shoots me dead, its not murder because i deserved it?

youre out of your mind

Being offended doesn't give you the right to perpetrate violence! Your position on this offends me greatly, are you ready for YOUR beatdown??

Apples and oranges...it is not well known that expressing the opinion 'if you mess with bull, you get the horns' is offensive to men named Guy.

It is extremely well known that insults of country boys mother are fighting words.

Totally different.

Want to bet?

The only way to get off for being in a fight is to prove the other guy actually started the physical altercation. Period.

Apples and oranges...it is not well known that expressing the opinion 'if you mess with bull, you get the horns' is offensive to men named Guy.

It is extremely well known that insults of country boys mother are fighting words.

Totally different.

Fighting words or not, the country boy goes to jail for assault...

IDIOT!

Totally different.

IDIOT!

This guy was arrested and went to jail...that's what would happen to country boy here too.

But the prosecutor wouldn't bring charges in that situation. He knows he can't get a conviction.

You call a mans mother a whore to his face, you know what's coming.

Everyone knows.

The only reason you would say such a thing is to instigate a fight.

Same thing here...the only reason to dress as zombie Mohammed is to bait an altercation.

Period.

Call me any names you wish, it doesn't change the truth of what I am telling you.

Totally different.

IDIOT!

This guy was arrested and went to jail...that's what would happen to country boy here too.

But the prosecutor wouldn't bring charges in that situation. He knows he can't get a conviction.

You call a mans mother a whore to his face, you know what's coming.

Everyone knows.

The only reason you would say such a thing is to instigate a fight.

Same thing here...the only reason to dress as zombie Mohammed is to bait an altercation.

Period.

Call me any names you wish, it doesn't change the truth of what I am telling you.

You can play apologist for this Islamic fundamentalist all you want, the FACT remains that he broke the law by assaulting someone who was non-violent and non-aggressive. The judge is wrong and so are you.

Want to bet?

The only way to get off for being in a fight is to prove the other guy actually started the physical altercation. Period.

Not at all true, if I catch you in bed with my wife, I can kill you on the spot without you ever raising a hand in anger, and walk away scott-free. I forget the defense is called, but it is exactly what we are talking about here.

Last edited:

Want to bet?

Not at all true, if I catch you in bed with my wife, I can kill you on the spot without you ever raising a hand in anger, and walk away scott-free. I forget the defense is called, but it is exactly what we are talking about here.

So now wearing a costume in a parade is comparable to committing adultery??

You're FUNNY!! :lol::lol::lol:

Want to bet?

:rolleyes:

Of course they are not the same, Muslim guy didn't kill anyone...he tore a sign and a fake beard.

The principle is the same...incited to violence by overwhelming instantaneous anger intentionally instigated by the the supposed innocent party.

Surely you have the ability to draw the parallels.

:rolleyes:

Of course they are not the same, Muslim guy didn't kill anyone...he tore a sign and a fake beard.

The principle is the same...incited to violence by overwhelming instantaneous anger intentionally instigated by the the supposed innocent party.

Surely you have the ability to draw the parallels.

Surely the guy fucking your wife is not an 'innocent party'...

Forum List

Back