Ann Romney: No More Debates For Mitt

Wow!!! How bossy is she??? Is she afraid he stinks at debating or what??

Ann Romney: No More Debates For Mitt | TPM Livewire

I had to go 4 pages deep to find anything about Romney. Talk about staying below the radar. The GOP have no clue who to run. This is great.

But Romney has the money. I've seen lots of commercials and my buddy just brought me a yard sign he picked up at the Romney HQ in Livonia, MI. He wanted me to keep it up until my friends saw it but I couldn't allow it to be seen by anyone who might think I'm seriously a supporter, so I trashed it. It wasn't a cheap sign. Very strong plastic. I'mpossible to tear. But I folded it up so its impossible to see what it says and its at the bottom of the dumpster in my condo.

Who says one person can't make a difference.

Wow!!! How bossy is she??? Is she afraid he stinks at debating or what??

Ann Romney: No More Debates For Mitt | TPM Livewire

I had to go 4 pages deep to find anything about Romney. Talk about staying below the radar. The GOP have no clue who to run. This is great.

But Romney has the money. I've seen lots of commercials and my buddy just brought me a yard sign he picked up at the Romney HQ in Livonia, MI. He wanted me to keep it up until my friends saw it but I couldn't allow it to be seen by anyone who might think I'm seriously a supporter, so I trashed it. It wasn't a cheap sign. Very strong plastic. I'mpossible to tear. But I folded it up so its impossible to see what it says and its at the bottom of the dumpster in my condo.

Who says one person can't make a difference.

There's a reason why Romney does not do interviews that are not on Fox News.

I think the problem is that 19-20 debates is just way over the line for any party.
If you can't figure it out with say 6-7 debates a person is too stupid and shouldn't be voting anyways. I hope the candidates have learned from this.

The debates don't matter. He still has to speak in public with cameras present. That wonderful "my wife drives two Cadillacs" classic was on the stump, wasn't it?

and thus the problem with Romney. He just doesn't get that he comes off with this "Thurston Howell IV" Vibe.

You know what he was going for here. He wanted to say his family drives cars made in Michigan. But he comes off as he's looking for a jar of Grey Poupon.

The debates don't matter. He still has to speak in public with cameras present. That wonderful "my wife drives two Cadillacs" classic was on the stump, wasn't it?

Oh, yeah...my bad. It's class warfare, I'm getting old, forgive me for my memory. :eusa_whistle:

Class warfare is when you close down a bunch of working people's jobs and ship them off to China to create "profitability" for investors.

Mike Huckabee said it best. Mitt Romney looks like "the guy who lays you off."

I think the problem is that 19-20 debates is just way over the line for any party.
If you can't figure it out with say 6-7 debates a person is too stupid and shouldn't be voting anyways. I hope the candidates have learned from this.

But here's the problem- when do you have the debates?

We insist on dragging out this process for months and months.

Let's review everyone foolish enough to get into this and be in debates-

Pawlenty- Dropped out after the Ames Poll
Cain- Dropped out after the revelation he was a player
Bachmann- Dropped out after Iowa caucus
Huntsman _ dropped out after New Hampshire
Perry- Dropped out after New Hampshire

So really, after only two contests, we lost five of the nine contenders.

Ron Paul is never going to be the nominee. But they insisted on letting him be in every debate.

Meanwhile, Buddy Roemer and Gary Johnson never got high enough in a poll to ever be invited to a debate. The only thing that separates them from Romney is not qualification, but Romney's willingness to spend his millions promoting himself. They were both accomplished governors.

The real reason this has dragged on for so long is that Romney is that the GOP rank and file doesn't really want Romney, but there aren't any better choices out there. So we need 20 debates to let you guys talk yourself into thinking this was a really good idea.

Oh, yeah...my bad. It's class warfare, I'm getting old, forgive me for my memory. :eusa_whistle:

Class warfare is when you close down a bunch of working people's jobs and ship them off to China to create "profitability" for investors.

Call it what you want, but if a person really does the math you would find that he has created more jobs than what he's lost. I know, I know, you're going to bring up a huffo post, or media matters article to refute my premise.

That is a statement that just keeps on giving! Mitt is going to have to come out of his shell sooner or later. Once he opens his golden lips, well, it will be fun!

Call it what you want, but if a person really does the math you would find that he has created more jobs than what he's lost. I know, I know, you're going to bring up a huffo post, or media matters article to refute my premise.

Well, no, I won't.

Because it doesn't matter.

The fact he got rid of 1000 good paying jobs at AmPad isn't mollified by the fact that he created 100,000 "McJobs" at Staples or Dominos Pizza. Those jobs are actually self defeating for what the GOP wants to accomplish.

If the GOP goal is to make people less dependent on Government (which I think is a laudible goal), then it really doesn't help that you get rid of the good paying manufacturing jobs and replace them with McJobs.

Because if a person is trying to raise a family on a "McJob",he's going to get Foodstamps to put food on the table, Section 8 vouchers to put a roof over their heads, and MediCaid to get to see a doctor. Things he SHOULD be getting as a result of employment. You've made his loyalty to the government greater than his loyalty to his employer.

I would also argue that Staples wasn't necessarily a good thing. A successful Staples means a mom-and-pop stationary store was probably driven out of business. Again, small businesses are the backbone of the GOP, but this doesn't really help teh GOP's long term viability.

Every one of them are just turning into slug fests. They make no sense.

Forum List

Back