Religion in Political Movements

OH YEAH... SHE'S A THREAT ALRIGHT... I'M SURE GLAD YOU DIDN'T MISS THAT ONE... I MEAN ANYBODY CAN SEE PC IS JUST A KILLING MACHINE... SHE MAKES THOSE DECAPITATING MUSLIMS LOOK LIKE SCHOOL BOYS... OH YA... YOU NAILED THAT ONE...

... holy mother of God these progtards seem to be getting DUMBER by the day.

Did the midterm ass kicking really effect them that bad that they're losing touch with reality?

Any thoughts on the OP there, Voltaire?

I love these threads.

However, I don' think it's correct to say existentialism posits events happen "without causation, without the motivation of earlier events...." Quite the opposite. Dostoyevsky posed perhaps the core question: how can God allow horrible things to happen to children? I don't think he really answered the question beyond saying we all chose to act to ameliorate or further those horrible things, and totally ameliorating them is beyond human power.

Have you read "Lafcadio's Adventures" ?

It might better inform your understanding of existentialism.

I love these threads.

However, I don' think it's correct to say existentialism posits events happen "without causation, without the motivation of earlier events...." Quite the opposite. Dostoyevsky posed perhaps the core question: how can God allow horrible things to happen to children? I don't think he really answered the question beyond saying we all chose to act to ameliorate or further those horrible things, and totally ameliorating them is beyond human power.

Good idea - thank's for the homework assignment, but working upwards of fourteen hours a day, I'm not really sure how I'll find the time.

And each attempted to align it's origin back to the mankind's experiences at a time earlier than the French Revolution.....a time written about in the Bible.

?????

Very ambiguous and confusing ramblings such as this are why I'm having trouble. If you could spare us the Shakespeare and try to more clearly convey your thoughts, I would not have so much trouble.

I cannot for the life of me, follow this thread.

????

It reads like stereo instructions; must be, because I'm a stupid Cabbie?

It's more of a vehicle for PC to sound smart, more than anything ... me thinks.

"because I'm a stupid Cabbie?"
You said it...I didn't.

"It's more of a vehicle for PC to sound smart, more than anything..."
I have no intention of dumbing it down for you.

Perhaps you should treat the thread like a lecture in graduate school.....pay attention, take notes, and do research.

The premise is clearly explained in the OP....try reading it again.

I love these threads.

Good idea - thank's for the homework assignment, but working upwards of fourteen hours a day, I'm not really sure how I'll find the time.

Since you were clearly not serious about understanding the thread....why are you complaining?

Tell ya' what....I'll add one more panel...see if it helps.

I love these threads.

Since you were clearly not serious about understanding the thread....why are you complaining?

Tell ya' what....I'll add one more panel...see if it helps.
You didn't write the OP, did you?

12. Just as every radical European totalitarian movement had it's myth, so did the Muslim version of Qutb.

a. There was a people of God, the Muslims., who had come under insidious attack from within their own society, and from cosmic enemies from abroad, the Crusaders and Jews. The jahili barbarians were out to bring about the extermination of Islam. He used the Islamic term ‘jahili,’ which refers to the heathen ignorance that prevailed in Arabia before Muhammad, to modern liberal society. He saw liberal attitudes toward sex and morality as pagan.

b. There will be a terrible war, led by the Muslim vanguard, such groups as the Muslim Brotherhood. Victory, of course, was guaranteed. Viewed form this aspect, the movement is but another cult of death.

c. The reign of sharia, of God, would create a perfect society, the usual in totalitarian mythology: Utopia!
And, as always, another totalitarian movement that rose up in rebellion against the values of the West. Of course, if his vision became fact, the vanguard of believers was going to have to take stern action to bring about a fuller observance of sharia, the reality would be, as usual, a police state, even if it were a police state claiming to be enforcing ‘freedom.’
Now... governance also resulted in a police state?
Stalin's? Hitler's? Franco's? Mussolini's?

Every totalitarian movement proposed a total renovation of life, a view that the correct movement, with its sacrifices, would produce a new and better species of mankind.

BTW...
In 1969, Hillary Rodham gave the student commencement address at Wellesley in which she said that “ for too long our leaders have used politics as the art of making what appears to be impossible, possible….We’re not interested in social reconstruction; it’s human reconstruction.”
-http://www.wellesley.edu/PublicAffairs/Commencement/1969/053169hillary.html__

Liberalism....America's version of the totalitarian movement.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back