Released detainee now Yemen al-Qaida commander

so he got out of GITMO an dsaid you know what..I'm goign to join Al Queda and they just give him the top spot for Yemen.

Not like he was affliated with them before

Just like politicians leave office not affiliated with any company and get CEO and top lobbyist positions.

Just like politicians leave office not affiliated with any company and get CEO and top lobbyist positions.

name them, these politicians and the CEO jobs they got and the top lobbyist positions they got and from what companies/firms. then tell me the number of politicians who retired who did not do this.

does starting your own firm/company equal a strike against them? is the free market allergic to politicians starting their own firms?

name them, these politicians and the CEO jobs they got and the top lobbyist positions they got and from what companies/firms. then tell me the number of politicians who retired who did not do this.

does starting your own firm/company equal a strike against them? is the free market allergic to politicians starting their own firms?

I never said it was a strike. I was just pointing out that it's not as far fetched as some people think. It happens. But, I will google it real quick for ya.

We need to change this thread to "Denial on the Right"

If they had any kind of evidence they would have kept him just like the 248 still there. They let him go without any charges.

I can't believe the fucking cop out you righties are putting out here.

Bush and Company totally fucked up the whole Gitmo thing. Now we need to either kill them or hold them indefinately.

What the fuck is the problem with finally trying them and determining if they are guilty or innocent.

I quit on this one. Brain dead cognitive dissonance.

If they had any kind of evidence they would have kept him just like the 248 still there. They let him go without any charges.

Bush and Company totally fucked up the whole Gitmo thing. Now we need to either kill them or hold them indefinately.

What the fuck is the problem with finally trying them and determining if they are guilty or innocent.

Ray, you've been in combat, right?

I never said it was a strike. I was just pointing out that it's not as far fetched as some people think. It happens. But, I will google it real quick for ya.

okay. you were inferring though, no? the example you sent me was egregious. even the article said 'heavy-handed' and I know pols who went out of politics who had people banging down the pol's door to get them to sign on for their knowledge ability to get access to the corridors of power.

it happens lots, but not as often as some would make one believe it does.

as there is equally denial on the left and puzzlement in the middle.

---

GITMO was a panicked response by a group ill equipped to deal with such a incident as 911. I don't know that others would have acted any differently in the beginning, but I do believe the stubborn head-in-the-sand attitude of this admin was particular to them and their management style.

when did prisioners of war ever have trials? My uncle was a prisoner of war in Germany. Held there until the war was over. Then thankfully the Germans turned him loose.

okay. you were inferring though, no? the example you sent me was egregious. even the article said 'heavy-handed' and I know pols who went out of politics who had people banging down the pol's door to get them to sign on for their knowledge ability to get access to the corridors of power.

it happens lots, but not as often as some would make one believe it does.

No, I really wasn't. I'm not saying it's wrong but it could be the same with this guy. They knew he was in Guantanimo and they knew he had contact with other prisoners. Maybe they said they would take care of his family for information and give him a well paying post in the administration/organization. I don't condone what he did but there is more to this than is being released. I understand your point though.

Ray, you've been in combat, right?

Most every single official in charge of formulating a response policy wise and other had no combat experience and many of them ran away from duty when called. Combat experience might not have been needed (it wasn't in my opinion) to deal adequately with 911, but couple that with the cocky spirit and insecurities of the Bush/Cheney WH and their management style and you get what we got. Bad fukin' policy all around, from going after career intel and CIA assets who had credible opinions, to Bremer, to GITMO, to Abu G.....

If he had ties with Al Quaeda before, why did the release him??????????

Hold me for six years in a Chinese prison and torture me, I sure as hell would do the same thing.

Let's get to the bottom line. Who is responsible for this total fuck up with these prisoners? Bush fucked up detaining them, now we need to kill them. What a buch of real Americans.:cuckoo:

Also, funny that this guy is a frigging Saudi not an Iraqi or Afgahni?

See, stupid statements like this make anything you say of little value. There was a reason this guy was detained, and there was a reason he couldn't be tried. You make the assumption that everyone in the world should have the right to a fair and speedy trial, regardless of what their objectives may be. These people are not criminals in the normal sense; they are enemy combatants and always will be.

Bush did not fuck up by detaining them; he did the only thing he could do that made any sense. But you just won't get it until we get hit again, even harder next time. You think these people hate Americans because of GW? You are completely lost.

They can't be tried. Their 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment rights have been violated, no?
Their cases will be thrown out by any judge. It comes down to keeping gitmo open, killing them, or releasing them.

so he got out of GITMO an dsaid you know what..I'm goign to join Al Queda and they just give him the top spot for Yemen.

Not like he was affliated with them before

Oh Andrew, STOP IT

Dear God your using logic, your not permitted to do that.

Christ your really going to piss them off now!

:clap2:

See, stupid statements like this make anything you say of little value. There was a reason this guy was detained, and there was a reason he couldn't be tried.

name the reasons if you can...

You make the assumption that everyone in the world should have the right to a fair and speedy trial, regardless of what their objectives may be. These people are not criminals in the normal sense; they are enemy combatants and always will be.
says who? reasonable people have disagreed. what do you base your opinion on? The word of people not sworn under oath?

Bush did not fuck up by detaining them; he did the only thing he could do that made any sense. But you just won't get it until we get hit again, even harder next time. You think these people hate Americans because of GW? You are completely lost.

who are you talking about, THEM? are all the detainees equal? where did they all come from how were they taken and more importantly...why?

we are not like the NAZIS some people want us to be

Does anyone even know the stats on these released prisoners becoming enemy combatants? I remember stories about 3 guys from Great Britain and one from Canada that were held and really weren't combatants.

No, I really wasn't. I'm not saying it's wrong but it could be the same with this guy. They knew he was in Guantanimo and they knew he had contact with other prisoners. Maybe they said they would take care of his family for information and give him a well paying post in the administration/organization. I don't condone what he did but there is more to this than is being released. I understand your point though.

of course there is always more to things. Some of it good and some of it bad. We have the right as Americans to know what our government is doing in OUR name. We are not a banana republic...not that is anything wrong with that.....for other people.

Forum List

Back