Released detainee now Yemen al-Qaida commander

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
WASHINGTON – A Saudi militant who was released from Guantanamo Bay after six years of confinement is now a top figure in the Yemeni branch of al-Qaida, a U.S. counterterrorism official confirmed Friday.

Said Ali al-Shihri was released in 2007 to the Saudi government for rehabilitation. He re-emerged this week, identified by a militant-leaning Web site as a top deputy in "al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula," a Yemeni offshoot of the terror group headed by Osama bin Laden.

Released detainee now Yemen al-Qaida commander - Yahoo! News

Is indefinite confinement still out of the question?

so he got out of GITMO an dsaid you know what..I'm goign to join Al Queda and they just give him the top spot for Yemen.

Not like he was affliated with them before

If he had ties with Al Quaeda before, why did the release him??????????

Hold me for six years in a Chinese prison and torture me, I sure as hell would do the same thing.

Let's get to the bottom line. Who is responsible for this total fuck up with these prisoners? Bush fucked up detaining them, now we need to kill them. What a buch of real Americans.:cuckoo:

Also, funny that this guy is a frigging Saudi not an Iraqi or Afgahni?

Hold me for six years in a Chinese prison and torture me, I sure as hell would do the same thing.

Let's get to the bottom line. Who is responsible for this total fuck up with these prisoners? Bush fucked up detaining them, now we need to kill them. What a buch of real Americans.:cuckoo:

not having a case does not mean innocent

If they had evidence, I think they should have tried him and convicted him so he never sees the light of day again.

But not without charges... and not without evidence. I take habeas corpus pretty seriously.

It's just not possible for you to be this ignorant, it's got to be an act........ you're doing a great job at it.

You know the more I read your post the more I think you must be a bit touched in the mental department.:lol:

you've spent your life getting your butt kicked, haven't you?
come on, as a lawyer yourself, you can NOT tell me you havent seen guilty people not get prosecuted for a lack of evidence

and remember, these people were not captured by the police
and the military did not preseve evidence on the battlefield
just HOW would you prosecute these people?

come on, as a lawyer yourself, you can NOT tell me you havent seen guilty people not get prosecuted for a lack of evidence

and remember, these people were not captured by the police
and the military did not preseve evidence on the battlefield
just HOW would you prosecute these people?

I have. Doesn't mean I want to see them walk. Means they need evidence to put them away. Did I say that the guy was squeaky clean?

And having read my posts, do you really think I have a lot of tolerance for terrorist garbage?

My discomfort with someone being disappeared in THIS country is greater than my fear.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Franklin

I have. Doesn't mean I want to see them walk. Means they need evidence to put them away. Did I say that the guy was squeaky clean?

And having read my posts, do you really think I have a lot of tolerance for terrorist garbage?

My discomfort with someone being disappeared in THIS country is greater than my fear.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Franklin

How would I prosecute them? By using our intelligence services (properly) and working with other countries to root out these people and prosecute them...

I also don't believe that most of those people were caught "on the battlefield".

"I didn't like the line in the speech about we don't have to compromise our values to protect ourselves. I think sometimes we do." Bill O'Reilly

so, how about if they were guilty as hell, but you had no evidence you could use
what would you do then?

Forum List

Back