Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

There's no lie. The dems NEVER told the gop they'd refuse any nominee, no matter who it was, for any judicial seat. The gop changed the rules.

Feel free to post a link to a reputable news source that reported that Republicans vowed refuse any nominee just because they were nominated by Obama.

Both parties have set up their own mob rule by oppressing the voices of the other parties in presidential debates. The majority of the populace is uninformed about any solutions raised that could solve the problems debated for the past 50 years.

The stranglehold on news media held by the parties of power is it's own form of mob rule. If Americans were properly informed of legislation such as the NDAA they would riot en masse and overthrow these unconstitutional laws.

The stranglehold of the media is due to far left rule.

Show were the MSM has been just as critical of Obama as they were with the previous president.

Fox News is officially main stream no matter how much they call everyone else main stream. You only prove my point by acting like there isn't a huge base of Americans watching Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity for their news.

Show how these parties are in inviting legitimate candidates from other parties to join in their exclusive multi-million dollar presidential debate propaganda where all the questions are agreed upon before the debates even begin. It's a pony show to pander to their base.

Allowing a minority to refuse to confirm ANY nominations has NOTHING to do with protecting the rights of the minority, but rather has to do with abusing power to usurp the majority party's constitutional right to govern.

The Majority doesn't need protection. The minority does. That's why our Founding Fathers set things up the way they did. The Filibuster is not "abusing power." Because the minority is not in power. It's a tool used to insure its protection. It's a vital founding principle

Bullshit. The filiibuster was never about requiring 60 votes (or more) to fill a open judicial post regardless of who the nominee was. That's an abuse of power. The fillibuster is all about power, but it granted power to the minority, but the minority like the majority may choose to abuse their power.

You're not getting it. I guess i'll just have to blame our deteriorating Public School System for that. The minority has to be protected. Otherwise, the 51% majority will oppress the minority. Our Founding Fathers knew that more than anyone. They lived under the King's tyranny for years. They didn't want a Mob-Rule Democracy. They understood human nature. What Harry Reid and the Democrats are doing, is just plain Un-American. I hope they have a change of heart and come to their senses.

The Majority doesn't need protection. The minority does. That's why our Founding Fathers set things up the way they did. The Filibuster is not "abusing power." Because the minority is not in power. It's a tool used to insure its protection. It's a vital founding principle

Bullshit. The filiibuster was never about requiring 60 votes (or more) to fill a open judicial post regardless of who the nominee was. That's an abuse of power. The fillibuster is all about power, but it granted power to the minority, but the minority like the majority may choose to abuse their power.

You're not getting it. I guess i'll just have to blame our deteriorating Public School System for that. The minority has to be protected. Otherwise, the 51% majority will oppress the minority. Our Founding Fathers knew that more than anyone. They lived under the King's tyranny for years. They didn't want a Mob-Rule Democracy. They understood human nature. What Harry Reid and the Democrats are doing, is just plain Un-American. I hope they have a change of heart and come to their senses.

Executive appointments, other then Supreme Court nominations, hardly ever need to be filibustered, as in never. Even back when the democrats did it a few times around 2003-2004 it was not really needed. Particularly Presidential cabinet members, all you need to make sure of is that they're qualified, which is a simple process that a committee could accomplish.

Last edited:
You're not getting it. I guess i'll just have to blame our deteriorating Public School System for that.

Please don't blame the Public School System for the willful ignorance shown by some. It is purposeful on their part and does not reflect on the hard working educators who tried to improve their minds and outlooks.

My bad, i hear ya. But i get so disappointed observing such ignorance on display. I don't feel the Government-run School System is educating our kids properly on the founding principles of our Nation. Protecting the minority is the reason they chose a Republic, rather than a pure Democracy. They understood the 51% majority would likely attempt to oppress the minority. That concept is what has made us so different than most other nations around the World. The 51% majority cannot silence the minority. And the Filibuster is an important tool used to insure that. Mob-Rule inclination is the inner Demon in all of us. Our Founding Fathers knew that.

Last edited:
BZnZccwCEAAd8eh.jpg

Do the Democrat realize they just set themselves up for repealing Obamacare if the GOP takes back the Senate?

Now they don't need a super-majority.

This was just for judicial confirmation. Legislative filibuster reform is still to come.

The GOP now has full permission and public opinion air cover to repeal the legislative filibuster.

I expect them to do just that now.
Sure, you do

Uh huh and when the Democrats are the minority will they want to change the rules back? Reid and the Democrats would be wise to remember you don't remain the majority forever.
This was an incredibly short-sighted move by Reid. Evidently he figured the Dems would never be on the ass end of it.

Politicians: Predictable and narcissistic as hell.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Do the Democrat realize they just set themselves up for repealing Obamacare if the GOP takes back the Senate?

This was just for judicial confirmation. Legislative filibuster reform is still to come.

The GOP now has full permission and public opinion air cover to repeal the legislative filibuster.

Sure, you do

.?

The dems brought it on themselves

Sure, you do

.?

The dems brought it on themselves

To his credit, Obama told us that if we wanted to have an impact, we needed to "win an election "

Back then we knew this was a dumb idea and Reid needed to think this through, he didn’t and now here we are. Now, the GOP ind themselves in the same position and guess what, they need to think this through and they won’t.

Back then we knew this was a dumb idea and Reid needed to think this through, he didn’t and now here we are. Now, the GOP ind themselves in the same position and guess what, they need to think this through and they won’t.
I might have agreed with you except Schumer has announced that the democrats have no intention of working with Republicans on anything!

can anyone really blame him for the "party of no" (hint- the party that couldn't win the Presidency or the senate :redface: ) simply blocking anything that moves for the past 4+ yrs? Sen. Reid is a statesman & a scholar

Reid threatens to go nuclear on filibuster reform | MSNBC
“I’m considering looking at the rules,” the Nevada Democrat told reporters on Tuesday. “The American people are sick of this. In the name of simple fairness, any president, not just President Obama, Democrat or Republican, needs to be able to have the team that he wants in place,” Reid added.

Reid’s threat comes as Senate Republicans blocked – for the third time in three weeks—Obama’s pick, Robert Wilkins, to be a judge on the powerful D.C. Court of Appeals. Reid had a solid majority, but due to GOP’s exploitation of the Senate’s arcane rules, Democrats still fell six votes short of ending debate on Wilkins’ nomination.
We are so glad he did......thank you lefties for being stupid.

Forum List

Back