Liberal Policy: where Atlas Shrugged meets 1984

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Heritage expert Daren Bakst has explained that Obamacare’s menu labeling regulation will be costly and time-consuming for businesses and that the government has no evidence that it would have any benefits. On top of those negatives, why is Obamacare trying to regulate what people are eating?

“The FDA tries to justify the rule by claiming that consumers make misinformed decisions at restaurants,” Bakst wrote. As usual, Obamacare assumes that big government knows best. In fact, Bakst says the FDA is using the rule as a power grab to regulate grocery stores, convenience stores, and other businesses that have little to do with restaurants.

Atlas Shrugged
And sometimes, when things like this are constantly bombarding the small businesses of America, it’s just too much. And you think, “Why am I doing this?” and “What am I doing here?” - Mary Lynne Carraway

What would it mean for each of her stores to have to install such a menu board? A cost of about $5,000 per store—and that hits the managers and employees of each store. (And yet Dumbocrats can't figure out why unemployment is so high when they've created costly regulations and the highest corporate taxes in the world :bang3:)

How Obamacare Will Try to Control What You Eat

I know, right? This is where we've come to as a nation thanks to Obama, Pelosi, and Reid. The perfect storm of extra special Dumbocrats.

I'm just waiting for Obama to declare that "Brondo has what plants need" :lmao:

Forum List

Back