I can't help but notice the lack of unity in the speaker debacle...

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I doubt that we would see this on the left.
Now I'm not sure if this is a compliment or an insult. It may be that we're seeing genuine free choice decision making instead of lockstep obedience. Having said that however it is impossible to ignore the implications of pure functionality. There is efficacy in unity....

Jo

Now I'm not sure if this is a compliment or an insult. It may be that we're seeing genuine free choice decision making instead of lockstep obedience. Having said that however it is impossible to ignore the implications of pure functionality. There is efficacy in unity....

Jo
There is no way to spin this as a positive. It's the election deniers taking over the GOP. Don't expect Democrats to help. Nominate a moderate who's not a conspiracy theorist who doesn't go on record saying they supported the coup and maybe they'll vote for that guy.

This is not going to help Republicans in 2023. They've put all their marbles in one basket. Hoping inflation is still a think this time next year.

Democrats would vote for a dead animal if told to.
Republicans are inefficient at just about everything they do. Even something simple like this.
There is no compliment at all. Their schtick is so old, idk if its even an insult anymore. It just is.

Jo
Sure...the first time in the history of the nation a party pulls a coup de tat on it’s own speaker and this is being sold as “the way it should be”. Hilarious.

Jo
No. No you're not seeing any genuine free choice or anything. You are seeing genuine chaos and the inability to govern right out in the open.
Voters are seeing it for what it is...incompetence. :)

Jo
Or it could just show that democrats can do math, while republicans can't.
Nancy Pelosi could count to 217

There is no way to spin this as a positive. It's the election deniers taking over the GOP. Don't expect Democrats to help. Nominate a moderate who's not a conspiracy theorist who doesn't go on record saying they supported the coup and maybe they'll vote for that guy.
This is not going to help Republicans in 2023. They've put all their marbles in one basket. Hoping inflation is still a think this time next year.
Your talking points are lies.

The Republican Speaker fight is NOT about Trumpers vs Never-Trumpers, its about Budget Cutters vs Not-Cutting the Budget.

The Great 8 are holding fast for cutting spending to save the US, and the "kick the can" boyz want to keep spending money we don't have.

We need to cut spending. Trump's 2021 Budget was $4T. Biden's Budget is about $7T. See what the fight is over?

Democrats would vote for a dead animal if told to.
Republicans are inefficient at just about everything they do. Even something simple like this.
It's not just inefficient, it boarders of treasonous. Why would republicans create a mechanism by which they could eject the speaker, without remembering how long, and how many votes it took to elect one in the first place.

Jo
you would see this on the left if any of them had the balls to demand fiscal responsibility, because they would be the only one!

The Republican Speaker fight is NOT about Trumpers vs Never-Trumpers, its about Budget Cutters vs Not-Cutting the Budget.
Wrong. Just look at Trumps "tweet" that derailed Tom Emmer

Trump comes out against Emmer for Speaker: ‘Would be a tragic

‘I killed him': How Trump torpedoed Tom Emmer’s speaker bid

Tom Emmer Drops Out of House Speaker Race After Trump

The Great 8 are holding fast for cutting spending to save the US, and the "kick the can" boyz want to keep spending money we don't have.

We need to cut spending. Trump's 2021 Budget was $4T. Biden's Budget is about $7T. See what the fight is over?
Bullshit. The guy yesterday was the only one who didn't deny the 2020 election. Trump tweeted it'd be a mistake nominating him. 4 hours later, he dropped out. I wonder what dirt they had on him.

Of the people you want to be speaker, do any of them think the 2020 election was rigged? Name them.

Why did they not fight this good fight when they controlled the House, the Senate and the White House?

Forum List

Back