Recruiting...The Discussion

Ditto...does that mean we are guilty of a criminal offense against USMB? :eek:

(in before the lock!)

If you don't report the offense are you no better than the offender?

:eusa_think:

i would crush all of you malcontents if i was the board owner.

your-a-f-18-bro.jpg

When you join this message board you are asked if someone recommended you.

I looked at my statistics and see:

Referrals: 2

What difference does it make if you ask someone to join another board via pm or email???

And isn't USMB guilty of breaking its own rule by encouraging us to recruit other members?

:lol:

Damn it Ravi! You know that once prisoners have been taken we shouldn't be encouraging them to escape! If it weren't for the revenue based on headcount you'd be shot at dawn! Every inmate counts. :D

When you join this message board you are asked if someone recommended you.

I looked at my statistics and see:

Referrals: 2

What difference does it make if you ask someone to join another board via pm or email???

And isn't USMB guilty of breaking its own rule by encouraging us to recruit other members?

:lol:

Oh, and Ravi...please don't ruin this thread by lowering it to the realms of sanity and commonsense! :eusa_hand:

I may have erred in naming this OP. Maybe it should be called the "Jonestown" thread.:lol:

It's truly satisfying to see so many commit Hari Kari in public like this. :eek: It wasn't really meant to be a confessional. :lol:

You guys are SOOO in trouble!!!!:lol:

You guys got any suggestions on where I can find some recruits for USMB?

Last edited:
Ya...Ya... I read the EDICT.. OK Gunny... Your board..Your rules.

I would like to see a little common sense weasel it's way into a discussion on this topic.

Recruiting is a two way street. Two members asked me what happened to a certain member by PM and I told them by PM where they could find that member. As it turns out one of the two was already aware of that location and was just pulling my chain.

What troubles me about THE EDICT is that I have personally recruited at least a hundred people in the real world to USMB. Now I feel stupid for the effort because the admin feels that it is wrong to try to bring new people to a site they find useful or entertaining. Granted I did not recruit for USMB on any web site... that is because for the last two years I have participated in no other political message board. I'm loyal like that.

BTW ..I'm 100% in Gunny's camp on any kind of recruiting or sales on the message board.

I would like to see a change in admin policy about PMs and discussing other sites. A PM should be sacred ground. If someone PM's me about so and so and I say .."Ya..I ran into so and so over at blah blah blah.com" That should be the bidness of the parties of the PM.

I know this much. I won't be actively recruiting for this site any more until there is recognition of it's two way nature and the sanctity of PM's.

Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

I think the reason for the new rule might be that it's become obvious in the past couple of weeks that several newbies have attempted to commandeer threads with single-minded opinions on select issues. They all seem to parrot each other, and that led at least me to believe they arrived from some other board. Maybe when they didn't get their way (i.e., "winning" their bizarre arguments), they tried to "recruit" people here back over to where they came from.

That's just a guess, based solely on my observations lately.

i am very tempted to join the parrot forum.
i even tried to direct a lot of parrots on this forum to the appropriate parrot forum.

Parrots are too moody. Sock puppets are always the same. We need a Sock Puppet Room directly below The Romper Room.

I've gotten invites to numerous messageboards during my time here. It never crossed my mind to go run and tell the Admins about it ... even when I was orange.
Ditto...does that mean we are guilty of a criminal offense against USMB? :eek:

(in before the lock!)

i was wondering the same thing. I can see if other sites are being posted in threads as recruitment, but just in convo in PM not so much.

Forum List

Back