Reality sets in for Oregon governor

I remember the good old days when we had Usery Laws and they could not charge more than 10% interest and ALL INTEREST WE PAID WAS TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
Those "good old days" were called the Middle Ages, and there's hardly anything good about living on the edge of starvation your entire life.
====
There was no edge of starvation ... at least not because of the Usery Laws which protected the people from being raped by the banks as is happening now.

Life was very good for me. I had a good career and nice homes during those years.

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

The Middle Class was THRIVING then.

They'll likely settle on something like $12. Steady increases over time will get it up to $15 eventually. I know that really pisses greedy white Republican dude off, but it's probably gonna happen all across the country.

The people who should be pissed off are all the people who's skills aren't worth $15 or $12 an hour. They'll be making zero when that is the minimum wage. We understand the leftwing turds like you have an agenda to push, and you don't give a shit about people looking for a start in life.

They'll likely settle on something like $12. Steady increases over time will get it up to $15 eventually. I know that really pisses greedy white Republican dude off, but it's probably gonna happen all across the country.

The people who should be pissed off are all the people who's skills aren't worth $15 or $12 an hour. They'll be making zero when that is the minimum wage. We understand the leftwing turds like you have an agenda to push, and you don't give a shit about people looking for a start in life.

Yes we know, you greedy white Republican dudes really hate struggling fellow Americans. They ain't worth shit to you Nazis. We get it. It's a good thing it won't be left up to you folks. It's gonna happen whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

Let me show the liberal mindset at work here.

One-third of the "involuntarily uninsured" are high school dropouts. That's a big chunk.

Like I said before, individuals making bad decisions, and now they want the rest of us to carry them on our backs for the rest of their lives.

But what really reveals the mindset of a liberal is that they call the people being forced to carry these high school dropouts "freeloaders"!

The people who are voluntarily uninsured are being forced to buy a commercial product (health insurance) and pay higher rates to help subsidize high school dropouts. And these are who the liberals call "freeloaders". It just doesn't get more Orwellian or Randian than that.

Example:

CORNISH: For months, Democrats had expressly argued that the penalty charge under the new law was not a tax and it seems as though the court has described it as a tax, so what do you consider this?

PELOSI: What I call this is the free rider provision. Call it what you will, but the fact is that some people who will not, even though they're younger and healthier and have some resources, decide they're invincible and they're not going to pay into a system. So, when they get sick, then they think they can just dip into it and that makes it more expensive for other people. And so, in order to eliminate the free rider piece of this, there's a penalty to be paid if you don't want to participate. Call it what you will. What it does is lower cost for the American people and it's a fair way to go.

Another example:

no one forced anyone onto anything except obama forcing all of us to buy ins or get fined
NO MORE GD FREELOADERS!

The main thing is to go after all those "freeloaders" who refuse to buy their fair share of insurance.

There are plenty more examples from this forum.
Freeloaders are those who refuse to buy insurance and are NOT paying for the unfortunate.
This is how fucking dumb leftist are.

If you refuse to give into tyranny, you're a freeloader.

not a single, slightest grasp of freedom or reality

One-third of the "involuntarily uninsured" are high school dropouts. That's a big chunk.

Like I said before, individuals making bad decisions, and now they want the rest of us to carry them on our backs for the rest of their lives.

But what really reveals the mindset of a liberal is that they call the people being forced to carry these high school dropouts "freeloaders"!

The people who are voluntarily uninsured are being forced to buy a commercial product (health insurance) and pay higher rates to help subsidize high school dropouts. And these are who the liberals call "freeloaders". It just doesn't get more Orwellian or Randian than that.

Example:

CORNISH: For months, Democrats had expressly argued that the penalty charge under the new law was not a tax and it seems as though the court has described it as a tax, so what do you consider this?

PELOSI: What I call this is the free rider provision. Call it what you will, but the fact is that some people who will not, even though they're younger and healthier and have some resources, decide they're invincible and they're not going to pay into a system. So, when they get sick, then they think they can just dip into it and that makes it more expensive for other people. And so, in order to eliminate the free rider piece of this, there's a penalty to be paid if you don't want to participate. Call it what you will. What it does is lower cost for the American people and it's a fair way to go.

Another example:

no one forced anyone onto anything except obama forcing all of us to buy ins or get fined
NO MORE GD FREELOADERS!

The main thing is to go after all those "freeloaders" who refuse to buy their fair share of insurance.

Freeloaders are those who refuse to buy insurance and are NOT paying for the unfortunate.

So welfare recipients are all freeloaders?
The unfortunate victims of Pub corruption are on welfare- or just the unfortunate. Freeloaders are people who can afford it not getting health insurance. Duh.

Example:

Another example:

NO MORE GD FREELOADERS!

Get your affordable guaranteed health care with subsidies or pay forever if you have an accident or get sick. Free loading misinformed dupe...

saying it raises the earnings is not a true statement. They didn't earn it, the steal it from other tax payers.
You take away all the silly ass social programs Im forced to contribute towards and give me my money back, I could be driving a new Corvette instead of my truck.

Ford signed it into law. Reagan GREATLY expanded the program.
You probably think low wage earners should do what? Tell their tax preparer; no dude, do not get me that refund.

They are following the law. They are low wage . Not stupid.

Do you take advantage of the tax code? Shame on you eh?
Hey republicans control congress. Why don't they repeal the law for the EITC?
Its why Im not a registered republican, they don't do whats right for the country.
Someone that first collects welfare all year and does nothing, does not deserve to get money back that they never paid in the first place.
And these are the ones crying about the rich not paying their fair share.
so you think Democrats do what's right for the country? Really?
where did I say that?

Lord please don't. We have our hands full with the commies and the potheads and the ssi families flocking here as it is.

Example:

Another example:

NO MORE GD FREELOADERS!

Yup theyre criminal nuts. Back before the lunatics were running the asylum, they were safely isolated from society in loony bins and prisons.

i am doing the math as we speak...if the min wage is 15.00hr,,,,that means call girls would have to settle for $8.42 hr........but i am not moving to Oregon soley because of that.

==========
Republicans ALWAYS threaten to lay people off if the minimum wage is increased.

BUT THEY NEVER DO

Because the people who are working for minimum wage do indispensable jobs.

They mop the floors and man the cash register and flip the burgers ... all jobs the high paid executives wouldn't do to save their lives.

They don't hire extra people in the first place. Most of them have each employee already doing the work of two.

If they laid off any minimum wage workers their companies would quickly come to a grinding halt.

When Bush cut trillions in taxes, that revenue was gone. When Republicans helped move millions of jobs to China and close tens of thousands of factories, that revenue was gone.

With those factory closings, the means to that revenue stream is gone. You can't start it up again. You can only rebuild. Republicans will never let that happen. When they talk economics, it's always about taxes. It's all they know. And we've seen where that path leads.

We get it.. all things bad, REPUBLICANS! All things good, DEMOCRATS!!!!
Well, while that's not entirely true, I'm guessing to binary Republicans it is. So, OK, I'll agree.

==========
Republicans ALWAYS threaten to lay people off if the minimum wage is increased.

BUT THEY NEVER DO

Because the people who are working for minimum wage do indispensable jobs.

They mop the floors and man the cash register and flip the burgers ... all jobs the high paid executives wouldn't do to save their lives.

They don't hire extra people in the first place. Most of them have each employee already doing the work of two.

If they laid off any minimum wage workers their companies would quickly come to a grinding halt.

Yeah, they always resort to threats and intimidation. They'll say and do anything to keep their slaves. But most of the time they're proven to be full of shite. Despite their screeching, the sky doesn't fall when the Minimum Wage is increased. It never has and never will.

Forum List

Back