Reagan responds to Obama and his supporters

I hope you're not one of the ones who attacked those kids for being moved by Obama's hope and change slogans. Because you seem to have a weak spot for sentimental sop yourself.

The difference is that Reagan had a program that derived from his deep faith in the American people and belief in their incredible ability to rebound.
Obama has a deep faith in big government and was given a pass by the press, allowing him to mouth hopeful slogans that had no substance.
Doubtless the distinction is lost on you.

Oh, this is so much fun. The same wingnuts on here who make fun of us who support the current POTUS, saying we're making a messiah out of him, practically cum on themselves when talking about St. Ronnie. I'm guessing some of you have a shrine to him in your backyards.

:lol:

Ronald Reagan wasn't flawless, give me a minute and I will give you a reason why he wasn't
Well it's been more then a minute but at the present I can't think of a flaw Ronald Reagan had. But I am sure he had one. be right back.

Last edited:
The other day I was in back of a new SUV with a new bumper sticker that read "Reagan 2012". I took it to mean that the person thought a dead Ronnie would do a better job running things than a live Barry is doing. Yep.

Christ, the excuses over the right wing's treatment of Reagan is staggering. The hypocrisy is even worse.

Explain yourself.

Just take a look back through your thread. Some people on here continue to joke and bemoan the apparent liberal 'worship' of Obama. While some of the people making these jokes/bemoanings have a similar reverence for Reagan. Boe's recent comment is increasingly ironic:

That's quite all right. We don't need to reanimate corpses the way you lefties continue to attempt with Marx and Lenin.

Given the fact that you yourself used footage of Reagan to take a shot at Obama.

Christ, the excuses over the right wing's treatment of Reagan is staggering. The hypocrisy is even worse.

Explain yourself.

Just take a look back through your thread. Some people on here continue to joke and bemoan the apparent liberal 'worship' of Obama. While some of the people making these jokes/bemoanings have a similar reverence for Reagan. Boe's recent comment is increasingly ironic:

That's quite all right. We don't need to reanimate corpses the way you lefties continue to attempt with Marx and Lenin.

Given the fact that you yourself used footage of Reagan to take a shot at Obama.

don't think anyone is worshipping Reagan. We are only honoring what he stood for. obama has yet to do that.

I think you might be lost. The 1950s are about 50 years that way, about 30 years past the 80s, when Ronaldus Magnus reigned supreme.

<points behind you>

Explain yourself.

And with good purpose. Reagan talked to and WITH the people...not the condescending arrogant fool in that seat now that talks down to the people?

You are blind.

Explain yourself.

And with good purpose. Reagan talked to and WITH the people...not the condescending arrogant fool in that seat now that talks down to the people?

You are blind.

If I could give you another rep I would.

And to be intellectually honest? Reagan wasn't without fault.

His biggest screwup was immigration. But then that all depended upon the FED doing it's job...which they still have yet to do to MY satisfaction...

But Woyboy? You miss the entire premise of the thread...

U.S. Presidents with Worst Environmental Records - Pollution and Destruction - The Daily Green

Perhaps setting the tone for much of his policy, Reagan famously (and bizarrely) said "trees cause more pollution than automobiles do," and that if "you've seen one tree you've seen them all." As president Reagan shocked greens by hiring the notorious James Watt and Anne Gorsuch for the heads of the Department of Interior and the EPA. The industry-friendly appointees worked tirelessly to roll back environmental regulations, from the Clean Air Act to the Clean Water Act.

ronald-reagan-lg.jpg

A highly polarizing figure, President George W. Bush has been widely criticized for his dismal record on the environment. In fact, leading advocate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. has said, "You simply can't talk honestly about the environment today without criticizing this president. George W. Bush will go down as the worst environmental president in our nation's history."

george-w-bush-lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

His biggest screwup was immigration. But then that all depended upon the FED doing it's job...which they still have yet to do to MY satisfaction...

It was due to Communist Cuba and the fleeing Cubian that Ronald Reagan allowed Amensty at that time. It didn't work because the 1.7 million that they said would be the cut off has turned into nother 30 million. And again they say that will be all that is allowed citizenship.

U.S. Presidents with Worst Environmental Records - Pollution and Destruction - The Daily Green

Perhaps setting the tone for much of his policy, Reagan famously (and bizarrely) said "trees cause more pollution than automobiles do," and that if "you've seen one tree you've seen them all." As president Reagan shocked greens by hiring the notorious James Watt and Anne Gorsuch for the heads of the Department of Interior and the EPA. The industry-friendly appointees worked tirelessly to roll back environmental regulations, from the Clean Air Act to the Clean Water Act.

ronald-reagan-lg.jpg

No you didn't just post an environmental record on who has the worst record.

Do you have a short term memory lose problem? Have you ALREADY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE GULF OIL SPILL?

Explain yourself.

You are blind.

:eusa_eh:

I suppose you have objective, credible sources that prove Obama consistently talks 'down' to people? Although one must cynically wonder how one as President doesn't at all talk 'to' people or 'with' them. Since those phrases by definition, don't make sense as how can one talk to people with talking to them? How can someone talk to someone without talking with them? Methinks you lack clarity in what you meant, or you're abusing some nice-sounding phrases.

I don't think I missed the premise of the thread, I think you missed the definition of 'double-standard' in the dictionary.

You are blind.

:eusa_eh:

I suppose you have objective, credible sources that prove Obama consistently talks 'down' to people? Although one must cynically wonder how one as President doesn't at all talk 'to' people or 'with' them. Since those phrases by definition, don't make sense as how can one talk to people with talking to them? How can someone talk to someone without talking with them? Methinks you lack clarity in what you meant, or you're abusing some nice-sounding phrases.

I don't think I missed the premise of the thread, I think you missed the definition of 'double-standard' in the dictionary.

What double standard?

ronald-reagan-lg.jpg

Do you have a short term memory lose problem? Have you ALREADY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE GULF OIL SPILL?

In Context to the quote?

Killer Trees.
After opining in August 1980 that "trees cause more pollution than automobiles do," Reagan arrived at a campaign rally to find a tree decorated with this sign: "Chop me down before I kill again."

And also Reagan said 'A tree is a tree. How many more do you need to look at..."? In response to the Expansion of the Redwoods National Forest as Governor of California.

Again? Context. Note deany didn't describe context of the comment, but rather went right for the poltical jugular out of context with Regan Cabinet picks.

ronald-reagan-lg.jpg

You mean that disaster, like the mine disaster, that was a direct result of castrating EPA and OSHA Regulations during Bush's first term and replacing those regulations with "Volentary Compliance"? That disaster?

And Obama, so lazy, since he's been president, he's been messing around with health care, immigration, two wars, a failing economy, and a massive deficit. Things Republicans had NOTHING to do with.

All Obama has had to do was continue Republican policies and things would have worked out.

Republican policies on immigration.

Republican policies on the economy.

Republican policies in Afghanistan.

Republican policies on health care.

ronald-reagan-lg.jpg

In Context to the quote?

Killer Trees.
After opining in August 1980 that "trees cause more pollution than automobiles do," Reagan arrived at a campaign rally to find a tree decorated with this sign: "Chop me down before I kill again."

And also Reagan said 'A tree is a tree. How many more do you need to look at..."? In response to the Expansion of the Redwoods National Forest as Governor of California.

Again? Context. Note deany didn't describe context of the comment, but rather went right for the poltical jugular out of context with Regan Cabinet picks.

Why would someone put a sign up that said, "Chop me down before I kill again." unless it was in response to his comment that "trees cause more air pollution than automobiles do"?

I would be interested in seeing your link, because what you wrote doesn't make sense. Typical.

"The Mendacity Index" by Washington Monthly Staff

Killer Trees.

Over a period of about five years, Reagan told the story of the "Chicago welfare queen" who had 80 names, 30 addresses, 12 Social Security cards, and collected benefits for "four nonexisting deceased husbands," bilking the government out of "over $150,000." The real welfare recipient to whom Reagan referred was actually convicted for using two different aliases to collect $8,000. Reagan continued to use his version of the story even after the press pointed out the actual facts of the case to him.

--------------------------

For a "Godly Party", the right sure tells a lot of whoppers.

Last edited by a moderator:

ronald-reagan-lg.jpg

You mean that disaster, like the mine disaster, that was a direct result of castrating EPA and OSHA Regulations during Bush's first term and replacing those regulations with "Volentary Compliance"? That disaster?

And Obama, so lazy, since he's been president, he's been messing around with health care, immigration, two wars, a failing economy, and a massive deficit. Things Republicans had NOTHING to do with.

All Obama has had to do was continue Republican policies and things would have worked out.

Republican policies on immigration.

Republican policies on the economy.

Republican policies in Afghanistan.

Republican policies on health care.

Didn't we just have 29 coal miners in West Virginia to die in a cave in 2009? I think it was labeled the worst in modern day history. FAIL
Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac are not republican policies FAIL
Afghanistan is obamas policy now FAIL
We have immigration laws obama does not want to enforce them. FAIL
The government run system sucks and now you want to force that on all Americans FAIL

Forum List

Back