Reading About The Obama, Is Like Reading the Onion

i just think it is so hypocritical that lefty morons call Bush a moron and stupid and then turn around and claim Obama is so brilliant because he graduated from Harvard when Bush got his MBA from Harvard

When one listens to Bush speak extemptoranously, one cannot but come to the conclusion that he is stupid. The total failure of his policies, and the incompetance of their administration for the last eight years re-enforces that image.

Chris, your very telling. You are not capable of talking about Obama without dragging Bush into it. I hope you outgrow that someday, for your own sake!

Your earlier description on this thread of the left's reaction to criticism of Obama (an opinion which I agree with) is an exact mirror of the right's reaction a few years back to any criticism of Bush. From my monitor it looks like you brought Bush into the discussion first, whether intentionally or not. And yes, it is interesting.

Your earlier description on this thread of the left's reaction to criticism of Obama (an opinion which I agree with) is an exact mirror of the right's reaction a few years back to any criticism of Bush. From my monitor it looks like you brought Bush into the discussion first, whether intentionally or not. And yes, it is interesting.

Except that would be incorrect.... the left did not "swiftboat" Bush. His criticisms were over a lack of intellect; a lack of intellectual curiousity; policy failures; a lack of transparency; the unethical actions of his minions a la Cheney, Rove, Libby, Gonzalez, etc..... and for violations of the constitution and moral lapses. And most importantly, he started out badly b/c of the way the election was determined and the lack of ethics in that decision.

Let me know when they pretend Bush isn't a citizen or there are "American" and "unAmerican" parts of the country and we can talk about comparing the two.

And when they blame Bush for the fact that his granddaddy threw in his lot with the nazi's, don't worry, I'll be the first to say Baby Bush shouldn't be tarred with that brush.

I think one of the misconceptions in this thread is first, that somehow the particular school a person went to, makes them more or less accomplished in life. Naturally for several reasons it helps, but, it's far from being a given.

Second that a person who works primarily in the public service sector and/or the charity sector is less fortunate income wise. Many wealthy people have come from these sectors.

Finally, having money, having material objects does not make a person bad or uncaring. Nor does it mean that they somehow have harmed another in any form or cheated in any fashion to get to that point. We each have that opportunity. Yes, naturally the family background can make that path much easier, but, that does not mean that the means are not there in some fashion for each of us.

And back to schooling. There have also been many very successful people and strong business and social leaders who also come from community colleges.

And I agree, Obama and Clinton share many similarities in their general political views.

I don't think those are misconceptions at all.

Obama was the editor of Harvard Review .. which surely demonstrates the ignorance of "he can't think on his feet" or "is clueless without a teleprompter."

The right spends way too much time in nuttyworld.

He turned down Wall Street and a judicial appointment .. both of which certainly pays more than a "community organizer." Personally, I think it was a calculated move, but it worked to near perfection. Allowed him to craft an image of caring about more than himself.

Some may find financial success working in the public sector, but that's not the norm. Even in my own career, the public sector could never afford to pay what the private sector could. I sacrificed higher pay to work for the government .. but after 3 years of that .. show me the money.

Most people who work in the public interest make lots more money when they leave it.

I agree with you on successful people coming from community colleges, and even further, some have no college at all. Self-made successful people are always more fascinating than those born with the silver spoon.

That being said, having money is not of itself an indicator of a successful, happy, or fulfilled life.

I'll bet your pompous ass find it's self a tight fit in most places. It must be very lonely to be correct all of the time!

:clap2:

My pompous ass fits quite well in a lot of places .. all the places I want it to fit .. and yes, it feels real good.

:lol:

Except that would be incorrect.... the left did not "swiftboat" Bush. His criticisms were over a lack of intellect; a lack of intellectual curiousity; policy failures; a lack of transparency; the unethical actions of his minions a la Cheney, Rove, Libby, Gonzalez, etc..... and for violations of the constitution and moral lapses. And most importantly, he started out badly b/c of the way the election was determined and the lack of ethics in that decision.

Let me know when they pretend Bush isn't a citizen or there are "American" and "unAmerican" parts of the country and we can talk about comparing the two.

And when they blame Bush for the fact that his granddaddy threw in his lot with the nazi's, don't worry, I'll be the first to say Baby Bush shouldn't be tarred with that brush.

Is being claimed to be not an american citizen worse than being claimed to have stolen the election? I would think the opposite. The first is not a crime, the second is.

(And no one of importance thinks Obama isn't American, unlike Boxer challenging the electoral vote in Jan 2005, etc.)

(And, bush did steal the election. Twice.)

I do not think the treatment Obama is receiving even approaches what bush deservedly got. But, that the reaction from the political 'ends' of the spectrum is similar, is not good.

Oh, and, I do recall it being claimed that Laura Bush ran down some guy intentionally while drunk or some such, killing him, and having it covered up, all sorts of silliness that seems on par with whatever is claimed about Obama's granddad.

Last edited:
Is being claimed to be not an american citizen worse than being claimed to have stolen the election? I would think the opposite. The first is not a crime, the second is.

(And no one of importance thinks Obama isn't American, unlike Boxer challenging the electoral vote in Jan 2005, etc.)

I do not think the treatment Obama is receiving even approaches what bush deservedly got. But, that the reaction from the political 'ends' of the spectrum is similar, is not good.

Oh, and, I do recall it being claimed that Laura Bush ran down some guy intentionally while drunk or some such, killing him, and having it covered up, all sorts of silliness that seems on par with whatever is claimed about Obama's granddad.

In Obama's case it is just as bad, because if he was not a citizen then that means he also stole the election, and illegally forged documents to take the highest office in the land..So questioning his citizenship is just a weak attempt at delegitimizing his election.

But as I said no one of any importance is saying this. Unlike the court cases and ongoing investigations into Bush's election. John Conyers was on it pretty heavily, and a few other big names. Barbara boxer as I said earlier.

The enquirer is claiming that some people are actually aliens fom outer space. There is a silly factor to society. I believe the demise of the Obama marriage is also in the news. Just because average joes say stupid stuff about Obama is no reason to fire up arms against the republican party.

Last edited:
Let's compare your resume with Obama's.

How about comparing your education level with Obama's.

Your accomplishments?

"He can't think on his feet" .. but was Editor of Harvard Law Review.

STUPID

The hilarity comes from reading mindlessly ignorant posts from people like you.
OK - here's Obama's resume:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...-will-be-blackmailed-possibly-many-times.html

And here's mine:

My parents weren't communist sympathizers, as Obama's mother and grandparents were.

My teenage mentor was not a communist and child molester, as Obama's was.

I did not go learn radicalism from communist Saul Alinsky proselytes, as Obama did.

I did not make any corrupt lands deals, as Obama has.

I did not have a racist who hates America as a mentor for twenty years, as Obama did.

I did not associate with more than a dozen racist, anti-Semites in my past, as Obama has.

I have as much executive experience as Obama does - none.

I have not associated with radicals my whole life, as Obama has.

I did not expose my children to a church full of cheering racists and America haters, as Obama did.

I have never defended infanticide and then lied about doing it, as Obama did.

I've never claimed the constitution is defective, as Obama did.

Etc. - you get the picture.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...-will-be-blackmailed-possibly-many-times.html

And here's mine:

My parents weren't communist sympathizers, as Obama's mother and grandparents were.

I did not go learn radicalism from communist Saul Alinsky proselytes, as Obama did.

I did not have a racist who hates America as a mentor for twenty years, as Obama did.

I did not associate with more than a dozen racist, anti-Semites in my past, as Obama has.

I did not expose my children to a church full of cheering racists and America haters, as Obama did.

So basically you have zero accomplishments to speak of..

:eek:

Alarm! Alarm! Daily Kos escapee alert! Daily Kos escapee alert! Alarm! Alarm!

Grab the children, hide the dog, and procede to your basements until the notice of all clear is sounded. Authorities are on the hunt for this fugitive as we speak.

Alarm! Alarm! ...

But as I said no one of any importance is saying this. Unlike the court cases and ongoing investigations into Bush's election. John Conyers was on it pretty heavily, and a few other big names. Barbara boxer as I said earlier.

The enquirer is claiming that some people are actually aliens fom outer space. There is a silly factor to society. I believe the demise of the Obama marriage is also in the news. Just because average joes say stupid stuff about Obama is no reason to fire up arms against the republican party.

I agree with you, but unfortunately for the Republican Party, all the avergae Joe's that say this stupid stuff are republicans.

Look no further than this board.

And here's mine:

I got the picture alright, but I'm sure it's not the one you'd thought I'd get.

Your argument about Obama not being able to think on his feet are still quite ridiculous. Your thread about him being "blackmailed" is bizarre and delusional.

There are valid arguments to make about tha man without taking a trip to stuipidworld

Last edited:
:eek:

Alarm! Alarm! Daily Kos escapee alert! Daily Kos escapee alert! Alarm! Alarm!

Grab the children, hide the dog, and procede to your basements until the notice of all clear is sounded. Authorities are on the hunt for this fugitive as we speak.

Alarm! Alarm! ...

:lol:

Forum List

Back