Reading About The Obama, Is Like Reading the Onion

i just think it is so hypocritical that lefty morons call Bush a moron and stupid and then turn around and claim Obama is so brilliant because he graduated from Harvard when Bush got his MBA from Harvard

True. I don't trust degrees at all, I wait and see what they do, regardless of their claims or what someone else says they think they can do, until in office we can never know. Bush was one, great speech writer when he was running I think but without that speech writer he proved to be a moron. Not sure if Obama will or not, we'll see. He may be good (I hope) but then he may be just as bad as Bush just in the other direction.

Bush has described his days before his religious conversion in his 40s as his "nomadic" period and "irresponsible youth" and admitted to drinking "too much" in those years. In Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President by James Hatfield, Bush is quoted as saying that "alcohol began to compete with my energies ... I'd lose focus". Although Bush states that he was not an alcoholic, he has acknowledged that he was "drinking too much",[1] and that he couldn't remember a day when he hadn't had a drink, including his stay at Phillips Academy, where not only was he underage but alcohol was prohibited on campus, as well as at Yale University where, conversely, "hard drinking" was considered a badge of honor (Hatfield).

Bush's drinking may not have caused problems were it not for his tendency to become excessively uninhibited, according to reports of friends. In the article referenced above, Nicholas D. Kristof quotes Bush's cousin Elsie Walker as saying, "He was a riot. But afterward, when you're older, that can wear thin", and gives the example of Bush asking a "proper" female friend of his parents at a family cocktail party, "So, what's sex like after 50, anyway?"[1]

In December 1966 (age 20), he was arrested for disorderly conduct after he and some friends had "a few beers" and stole a Christmas wreath from a hotel.[2] The charges were later dropped.
On September 4, 1976 (age 30), Bush was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol near his family's summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine. He admitted his guilt, was fined US$150, and had his driving license in the state suspended for two years, although the White House had claimed 30 days.[3] This incident did not become public knowledge until it was reported in the press in the week before the 2000 election.
The most notorious episode, reported in numerous diverse sources including U.S. News & World Report on November 1, 1999, Secrecy & Privilege: Rise of the Bush Dynasty from Watergate to Iraq by Robert Parry, First Son: George W. Bush and the Bush Family Dynasty by Bill Minutaglio, and W: Revenge of the Bush Dynasty by Elizabeth Mitchell, has 26-year-old George W. Bush visiting his parents in Washington, D.C. over the Christmas vacation in 1972, shortly after the death of his grandfather, and taking his 16-year-old brother Marvin out drinking. On the way home George lost control of the car and ran over a waste container, but continued home with the garbage can wedged noisily under the car. When his father, George H. W. Bush, called him on the carpet for not only his own behavior but for exposing his younger brother to risk, George W., still under the influence, appears to have retorted angrily, "I hear you're looking for me. You wanna go mano-a-mano right here?" Before the elder Bush could reply, the situation was defused by brother Jeb, who took the opportunity to surprise his father with the happy news that George W. had been accepted to Harvard Business School.[4]

George W. Bush substance abuse controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bush has described his days before his religious conversion in his 40s as his "nomadic" period and "irresponsible youth" and admitted to drinking "too much" in those years. In Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President by James Hatfield, Bush is quoted as saying that "alcohol began to compete with my energies ... I'd lose focus". Although Bush states that he was not an alcoholic, he has acknowledged that he was "drinking too much",[1] and that he couldn't remember a day when he hadn't had a drink, including his stay at Phillips Academy, where not only was he underage but alcohol was prohibited on campus, as well as at Yale University where, conversely, "hard drinking" was considered a badge of honor (Hatfield).

Bush's drinking may not have caused problems were it not for his tendency to become excessively uninhibited, according to reports of friends. In the article referenced above, Nicholas D. Kristof quotes Bush's cousin Elsie Walker as saying, "He was a riot. But afterward, when you're older, that can wear thin", and gives the example of Bush asking a "proper" female friend of his parents at a family cocktail party, "So, what's sex like after 50, anyway?"[1]

In December 1966 (age 20), he was arrested for disorderly conduct after he and some friends had "a few beers" and stole a Christmas wreath from a hotel.[2] The charges were later dropped.
On September 4, 1976 (age 30), Bush was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol near his family's summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine. He admitted his guilt, was fined US$150, and had his driving license in the state suspended for two years, although the White House had claimed 30 days.[3] This incident did not become public knowledge until it was reported in the press in the week before the 2000 election.
The most notorious episode, reported in numerous diverse sources including U.S. News & World Report on November 1, 1999, Secrecy & Privilege: Rise of the Bush Dynasty from Watergate to Iraq by Robert Parry, First Son: George W. Bush and the Bush Family Dynasty by Bill Minutaglio, and W: Revenge of the Bush Dynasty by Elizabeth Mitchell, has 26-year-old George W. Bush visiting his parents in Washington, D.C. over the Christmas vacation in 1972, shortly after the death of his grandfather, and taking his 16-year-old brother Marvin out drinking. On the way home George lost control of the car and ran over a waste container, but continued home with the garbage can wedged noisily under the car. When his father, George H. W. Bush, called him on the carpet for not only his own behavior but for exposing his younger brother to risk, George W., still under the influence, appears to have retorted angrily, "I hear you're looking for me. You wanna go mano-a-mano right here?" Before the elder Bush could reply, the situation was defused by brother Jeb, who took the opportunity to surprise his father with the happy news that George W. had been accepted to Harvard Business School.[4]

George W. Bush substance abuse controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
who really gives a flying fuck, moron, hes not gonna be in office in 40 days

This kind of crap cracks me up.

Obama graduated from Harvard Law, but chose to do community work instead of corporate law where he could have easily made millions.

Obama is nothing like Bill Clinton. They couldn't be more different.

You really don't have a clue do you? You actually buy that bull shit.

The Obama's are not even in their 50's and have amassed a nice income and it keeps growing. They are rich and they are the very people that people like you whine about. Further, that income only keeps increasing.

Some of the wealthiest people I know have always been public servants, in one form or another or work within the non profit structure.

Grow up Chris, you are very immature.

Last edited:
This is going to more fun than Bill Clinton's presidency. Willy was slick, whether delivering a speech, providing an interview or defending himself in court. Only Slick could come up with, "It depends on what the meaning of is is."

But Obama is only slick with a teleprompter - without one he is bumbling idiot. He simply cannot think on his feet.

Only a complete moron would deny he talked with a corrupt governor of his own state about the main issue of the corruption, when his number one advisor was just on the tele blabbing about him having talked with the corrupt governor about the very issue of the corruption. And now we learn that the media actually reported about the meeting with the corrupt governor about the very issue of the corruption.

We have an adminstration of bumbling clowns. Every day there will be new incredible revelations of hilarity. This is going to be the funniest four years in politics... :clap2:

Let's compare your resume with Obama's.

How about comparing your education level with Obama's.

Your accomplishments?

"He can't think on his feet" .. but was Editor of Harvard Law Review.

STUPID

The hilarity comes from reading mindlessly ignorant posts from people like you.

This kind of crap cracks me up.

Obama graduated from Harvard Law, but chose to do community work instead of corporate law where he could have easily made millions.

Obama is nothing like Bill Clinton. They couldn't be more different.

That's not true.

Obama is almost exactly like Clinton, not his background, but his politics.

Both are centrists who lean to the right and Clinton was every bit the intelligent learned man that Obama is.

.. and both speak out of both sides of their faces.

The right will constantly attack Obama no matter how much he panders to them .. just as they did Clinton.

Obama is going to need those on the left who supported him, that he then gave the finger to. Many on the left will give him the finger and let him flounder on his ownwhile the right puts the boot up his ass.

I have no sympathy for him when they attack him.

But Obama is only slick with a teleprompter - without one he is bumbling idiot. He simply cannot think on his feet.

He'll never surpass Bush in the bumbling idiot department. No one will.

It is fine to not agree with him but in this case they have proven he is not involved, the Governor even said so while being recorded.

Luissa,, please... Nov. 23 Axelrod on TV says Obamalama has talked to the Gov. on many occasions,, numerous names on the list he is fond of...Dec 9 Obamalama says he never talked to the Gov. Next day Axelrod says "I misspoke" but there are two published accounts of a meeting in Chicago with obamalama and bagoooyuuhvich... nope,,, nope nopee you cannot just blink and make that go away.. and obama has been doing sincethis his campaign started.(He didn't hear a single solitary hateful thing his preacher said for 20 long long years).he lies when things look a little inconvenient for him..

Let's compare your resume with Obama's.

How about comparing your education level with Obama's.

Your accomplishments?

"He can't think on his feet" .. but was Editor of Harvard Law Review.

STUPID

The hilarity comes from reading mindlessly ignorant posts from people like you.

look what you assholes said about Palin.. and she was a Govenor.. you reap what ya sow.

look what you assholes said about Palin.. and she was a Govenor.. you reap what ya sow.

Given that you're braindead, it is entirely undersatndable that you don't have a clue of what the fuck you're talking about.

Not only did I not support Obama you brainless fool .. I'm the one who defended Palin here against unwarranted attacks that she supported the Bridge to Nowhere. I informed those who did not know that she never voted for it .. Obama and Biden did.

Please go away ...

Given that you're braindead, it is entirely undersatndable that you don't have a clue of what the fuck you're talking about.

Not only did I not support Obama you brainless fool .. I'm the one who defended Palin here against unwarranted attacks that she supported the Bridge to Nowhere. I informed those who did not know that she never voted for it .. Obama and Biden did.

Please go away ...

nope! not going away,,,

I think one of the misconceptions in this thread is first, that somehow the particular school a person went to, makes them more or less accomplished in life. Naturally for several reasons it helps, but, it's far from being a given.

Second that a person who works primarily in the public service sector and/or the charity sector is less fortunate income wise. Many wealthy people have come from these sectors.

Finally, having money, having material objects does not make a person bad or uncaring. Nor does it mean that they somehow have harmed another in any form or cheated in any fashion to get to that point. We each have that opportunity. Yes, naturally the family background can make that path much easier, but, that does not mean that the means are not there in some fashion for each of us.

And back to schooling. There have also been many very successful people and strong business and social leaders who also come from community colleges.

And I agree, Obama and Clinton share many similarities in their general political views.

Last edited:
I think one of the misconceptions in this thread is first, that somehow the particular school a person went to, makes them more or less accomplished in life. Naturally for several reasons it helps, but, it far from being a given.

Second that a person who works primarily in the public service sector and/or the charity sector is less fortunate income wise. Many wealthy people have come from these sectors.

Finally, having money, having material objects does not make a person bad or uncaring. Nor does it mean that they somehow have harmed another is any form or cheated in any fashion to get to that point. We each have that opportunity. Yes, naturally the family background can make that path much easier, but, that does not mean that the means are not there in some fashion for each of us.

And back to schooling. There have also been many very successful people and strong business and social leaders who also come from community colleges.

And I agree, Obama and Clinton share many similarities in their general political views.

On this board and in real life it comes down to one difference.. Whether or not you have an R or a D. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back