Zone1 Re-thinking: Why most people end up in Hell

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
I have touched on this topic before but I left out Most important reason:

the Cross... and "the cross"

One is the Cross of Christ, the "smaller" is our own individual crosses that He told us to carry.

The thing is, just like Christ's Cross, our own cross gets heavier as time goes by. The longer you live in this godawful world, the more difficult it is to follow Christ (and maybe you weren't following Him too well in the first place... sigh)

So yeh, it is human nature (we are all guilty of this) to want to live well in the world. That's likely why most people despise the homeless, the street people. They can't imagine living like that and automatically think they must be insane and/or on drugs... etc.. Well, I won't digress any further on that topic but the point is that we all want to live well... have a nice home, 1 or more cars, preferably 20... Most people hate deprivations and etc...

But God seems to be saying: No, you Christians are going to.. not be treated so well in this life and I am not going to deliver you from your crosses or not all of them anyway.. at least not immediately. Heaven is where all misery ends, not this... godawful place called Earth

Last edited:

One is the Cross of Christ, the "smaller" is our own individual crosses that He told us to carry.

The thing is, just like Christ's Cross, our own cross gets heavier as time goes by. The longer you live in this godawful world, the more difficult it is to follow Christ (and maybe you weren't following Him too well in the first place... sigh)

So yeh, it is human nature (we are all guilty of this) to want to live well in the world. That's likely why most people despise the homeless, the street people. They can't imagine living like that and automatically think they must be insane and/or on drugs... etc.. Well, I won't digress any further on that topic but the point is that we all want to live well... have a nice home, 1 or more cars, preferably 20... Most people hate deprivations and etc...

But God seems to be saying: No, you Christians are going to.. not be treated so well in this life and I am not going to deliver you from your crosses or not all of them anyway.. at least not immediately. Heaven is where all misery ends, not this... godawful place called Earth

Only Christians end up in Hell. They are the ones who believe in it.

Imagine living your life in fear because of the words of some desert savages a couple thousand years ago LOL

Who ends up in heaven? Do racist, violent, murderous slave owners who preach their faith in God end up in Heaven? How about Catholic clergy who have sexually molested young boys and girls? They have all been "saved", after all.

man!!!......i've led a happy productive life....i can't imagine these mind sets

Who ends up in heaven? Do racist, violent, murderous slave owners who preach their faith in God end up in Heaven? How about Catholic clergy who have sexually molested young boys and girls? They have all been "saved", after all.
What about people who approve of an incestous pedo in the WH? I hope they cease to exist after death

The refiner's fire is what we are in. It isn't that we won't have tests in life that challenge our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual lives. It's how we handle them that counts. We do our part and the atonement will carry us the rest of the way to the next challenge. Another concept called 'Endure to the End" is important because all life ends at some point. some trees may question that. But, these things are not only for Christians. They are for everyone. The light of Christ is in all people to decide on what is right and what is wrong. If people cover their light with darkness, then they have chosen the wrong and actually know it. But, those who remain good people but haven't had the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ taught to them and the saving ordinances performed on them by those with proper priesthood authority, then they will have that opportunity eventually done for them by proxy. Those who rejected the light of Christ while living and reject the Gospel teachings in spirit prison (1Peter 3:18-22) will have their resurrection with the Satan in a place of no glory (Perdition). Hell is a waiting place in spirit prison for the unjust.

Many priests and clergy go to hell.

In general it sounds like you are asking if Democrats go to heaven. Well that is really up to God. Continue doing those bad things, isn’t going to help their cause.

No kidding like the Boss said there are no rewards for his slaves in this world. Did you expect a free ride in this existence? I hate to say it I really do but events in America look to be taking a turn for the worse. Maker said He would not put his subjects through more than they can endure so that sounds like a test to me. Keep it simple, stay out of debt as much as possible. If you got a set of wheels & a job you're ahead of the game like take advantage of the overtime if you can get any. You already have USMB & you are using it so that is a bonus for you, as we have a lot of good rank & file board members not to mention the best Moderators in the business(try & find that on any other M/B!?

The more expensive something is to acquire generally the more strings(payments(etc.) are attached to it meaning complications, commitments & headaches. Join a chess or Canasta club, Purchase a beginners mini quad-copter & learn to fly it. Get on YouTube & start taking FREE CAD lessons (Computer Assisted Drafting)

or hit up Kelly Coffield to learn how to STEP BY STEP design, run a CNC router table & cast your own parts, ideas & inventions.

After my shift is over this Saturday I am just sleeping over in my rig as I am close to the Eastern Washington State Hospital. I got a tip from 2 of my co-workers that the Mule deer(Mulies) are thicker than fleas in that immediate area so I am going Mule deer hunting. All I need for a successful hunt is a jar of honey roasted peanuts, a couple/three bags of mini PayDay candy bars & a few pears & apples. If I can spot them I can call them in. The hard part is getting them to eat out of ones hand but I got a trick up my sleeve for that!

It's all up to ones imagination & interests. $$$$$ helps for sure as it's the social bartering system humanity uses. If tight on the $$$$$ just set your sights a tad lower for entertainment.

No kidding like the Boss said there are no rewards for his slaves in this world. Did you expect a free ride in this existence? I hate to say it I really do but events in America look to be taking a turn for the worse. Maker said He would not put his subjects through more than they can endure so that sounds like a test to me. Keep it simple, stay out of debt as much as possible. If you got a set of wheels & a job you're ahead of the game like take advantage of the overtime if you can get any. You already have USMB & you are using it so that is a bonus for you, as we have a lot of good rank & file board members not to mention the best Moderators in the business(try & find that on any other M/B!?

The more expensive something is to acquire generally the more strings(payments(etc.) are attached to it meaning complications, commitments & headaches. Join a chess or Canasta club, Purchase a beginners mini quad-copter & learn to fly it. Get on YouTube & start taking FREE CAD lessons (Computer Assisted Drafting)

or hit up Kelly Coffield to learn how to STEP BY STEP design, run a CNC router table & cast your own parts, ideas & inventions.

After my shift is over this Saturday I am just sleeping over in my rig as I am close to the Eastern Washington State Hospital. I got a tip from 2 of my co-workers that the Mule deer(Mulies) are thicker than fleas in that immediate area so I am going Mule deer hunting. All I need for a successful hunt is a jar of honey roasted peanuts, a couple/three bags of mini PayDay candy bars & a few pears & apples. If I can spot them I can call them in. The hard part is getting them to eat out of ones hand but I got a trick up my sleeve for that!

It's all up to ones imagination & interests. $$$$$ helps for sure as it's the social bartering system humanity uses. If tight on the $$$$$ just set your sights a tad lower for entertainment.

well, I u/stood the first part of your post here..

:uhoh3:
:confused-84::eusa_think:

that too

mortal sin

AND

expecting God to take away all your hardships... just because you love His Son
Its a FACT
When you go to Hell and they ask you what you are there for…

The Devil will say…..Masturbation? We got another one
Get in that line

Well when Ted Kennedy comes back and tells us what Hell is like maybe I'll sit up and pay attention. ;)
As it says in the Bible, there is a big chasm between Heaven and Hell and experience tells us there is a great one btwn here and Hell as well.

which is why many will be surprised when they end up in that hot place...

WHY AM I HERE?

I didn't kill anyone.. I didn't steal... (etc)

for the 100th time, Catholic priests do not molest children. Evildoers sought centuries ago to infiltrate the Church and THEY did much evil once they were ordained (or falsely ordained) a priest. There have been few if any real ordinations to the Catholic priesthood since 1958 or thereabouts. Only a validly ordained Catholic bishop can validly ordain anyone a priest. All the real bishops (bishop since 1958 or soon thereafter) have died. Fortunately Lefebvre was a true Catholic and started the SSPX. Then the Sedevacantists improved on that.

This is an interesting site, which says things I have not heard of. I question it insofar as it deviates from St Thomas Aquinas (quoted there) but do not necessarily disagree w/ any of it (yet)

There seems to be no distinction made btwn Fr Pope's comments and Thomas's... so I cannot say I approve of it 100%. That said, it made sense (I read up until the last few paragraphs which I copied to read later)

Forum List

Back