RE: Defending the Constitution? Should Rumsfeld get the award?

Should Rumsfeld get the award?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010
I would vote hell no...

I don't see how any conservative this side of a neo-conservative could support this guy getting this award...

Last edited by a moderator:
Compare Rumsfield to liberal war time hero's LBJ, Truman, FDR, and Woodrow Wilson, and you will find that Rumsfield is as clean as a wistle. If what Rumsfield did to people who arent citizens and do not obide by the Geneva Convention scares you then the war time darlings of the left will certainly shock the hell out of you. And they all have statues, hero status, schools named after them, streets named after them, and universities named after them. In the eyes of the left Rumsfeild is a war criminal but these guys are American hero's. Funny how that works out. Enter the crickets.

Rumsfeld, if he travels in certain countries abroad, will be arrested and be turned over to international tribunals for war crimes.

In America, he should be remembered as the SOD who not only refused to follow the prophetic recommendations of General Shinseki but had him retired. Rumsfeld should publicly acknowledge his failings and apologize to the American people.

Rumsfeld, if he travels in certain countries abroad, will be arrested and be turned over to international tribunals for war crimes.

In America, he should be remembered as the SOD who not only refused to follow the prophetic recommendations of General Shinseki but had him retired. Rumsfeld should publicly acknowledge his failings and apologize to the American people.

He admits to planning to invade Iraq immediately after 9-11.

No proof then...no proof now

Add how badly he botched the unwise invasion and you realize why history will have such contempt for Rumsfeld

Bush will continue to be in the lowest five presidents and Rumsfeld will be there are among SODs. What a disaster the two were in foreign policy.

Add how badly he botched the unwise invasion and you realize why history will have such contempt for Rumsfeld

Just as the contempt we hold for LBJ, Truman, FDR, and Woodrow Wilson? Oh, ..... thoes guys are heros arent they? But that damn Rummy is a war criminal! Yes I see where this is going. The left is so selective in their critisizms huh? Anyway if you want to know the truth about Iraq look no further than here>>> http://www.freedomagenda.com/iraq/wmd_quotes.html and here >>> http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=107&session=2&vote=00237 and here >>> http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2002/roll455.xml

Former President Clinton: People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

Madeleine Albright, President Clinton's Secretary of State: "Iraq is a long way from Ohio, but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

Sandy Berger, President Clinton's National Security Advisor:"Imagine the consequences if Saddam fails to comply and we fail to act. Saddam will be emboldened, believing the international community has lost its will. He will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction. And some day, some way, I am certain, he will use that arsenal again, as he has ten times since 1983."

Of course the new type of warfare the war in Iraq exposed us to was Rumsfelds fault....I mean...he should have known they would be willing to use schools and hospitals as military instillations...

Of course, LBJ got a pass for not realizing that the Cong were going to use guerilla warfare

And FDR...I mean...how was the poor man supposed to be victorious early on without knowing the superiority of the Japanese Fleet?

But Rumsfeld?

He should have been SO MUCH MORE READY to expect the unexpected.

Jarhead and Publius1787 could support their statements that Rummy is no different than the other guys mentioned.

They can't, though. No, wait a minute. They could make a comparison of Rumsfeld with McNamara. They both were war criminals.

Jarhead and Publius1787 could support their statements that Rummy is no different than the other guys mentioned.

They can't, though. No, wait a minute. They could make a comparison of Rumsfeld with McNamara. They both were war criminals.

No...

Jarhead and Publius are well aware that all adversaries have their surprises...and the truth is...Iraq did the unthinkable. They turned their hospitals and schools into military installations...WITH THE STUDENTS AND THE PATEINTS STILL THERE...

Someone not partisan would understand this and not blame Rumsfeld...unless of course you want to blame LBJ for the 50K lost in VN and balme FDR for the massive casualties in the south Pacific theatre.

The manner of which the left forgets its own history always amazes me. How could they forget forced internment of Japanese/German Americans in both World Wars , segrigating the military, nuclear bombs, Gulf of Tolkin, throwing war protestors in prison, good lord man they make Rummy look like an innocent, harmless, 5 year old girl riding her pink bicycle in comparison. And as far a torture goes, huh, pick up a freaking book! Waterboarding would look like a trip to the water park. Oh, and got to love that Clinton. We cant torture so why not send them to Egypt and let them get tortured there as the Egyptians send the information back to us? Yes, what short memories the left has.

Last edited:
Eric Shinseki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shinseki publicly clashed with Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld during the planning of the war in Iraq over how many troops the U.S. would need to keep in Iraq for the postwar occupation of that country. As Army Chief of Staff, General Shinseki testified to the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee that "something in the order of several hundred thousand soldiers" would probably be required for postwar Iraq. This was an estimate far higher than the figure being proposed by Secretary Rumsfeld in his invasion plan, and it was rejected in strong language by both Rumsfeld and his Deputy Secretary of Defense, Paul Wolfowitz, who was another chief planner of the invasion and occupation.[4] From then on, Shinseki's influence on the Joint Chiefs of Staff reportedly waned

Last edited:
It is unknowable how long that conflict [the war in Iraq] will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." -Don Rumsfeld in Feb. 2003

Shinseki publicly clashed with Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld during the planning of the war in Iraq over how many troops the U.S. would need to keep in Iraq for the postwar occupation of that country. As Army Chief of Staff, General Shinseki testified to the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee that "something in the order of several hundred thousand soldiers" would probably be required for postwar Iraq. This was an estimate far higher than the figure being proposed by Secretary Rumsfeld in his invasion plan, and it was rejected in strong language by both Rumsfeld and his Deputy Secretary of Defense, Paul Wolfowitz, who was another chief planner of the invasion and occupation.[4] From then on, Shinseki's influence on the Joint Chiefs of Staff reportedly waned

It is unknowable how long that conflict [the war in Iraq] will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." -Don Rumsfeld in Feb. 2003

Duh do da bu bu but uhhhh but duh uhhhhh here some Runmsfield stuff.

I dont think anyone disputes this. Whats your point? My quotes come way before yours. And why havent you replied?

Last edited:

So then I guess Obama is in agreement with Rumsfeld seeing as he, too believes that nothing close to hundreds of thousands of troops are necessary for the "postwar" occupation of Iraq.

Why did you post this rediculous quote? Do you belkieve we should have several hundred thousands off troops over there for years to come?

10 years ealier it lasted 6 hours.
There was reason to believe that if they had followed the rules of war, it would not have lasted too long.

But, alas, they proved to the world that they are not human.

Publius1787's statement clearly reveals that his view of history through a distorted prism of partisanship and bias. Conservatives wanted the internship of enemy aliens in WWII and would not be denied. Truman, a pragmatic liberal, integrated the armed forces. Having 'nuclear bombs' was a liberal plot? The GOP supported LBJ on the Tonkin Gulf Resolution as did the Democrats on Bush's reasons for invading Iraq.

Publius1787's statement clearly reveals that his view of history through a distorted prism of partisanship and bias. Conservatives wanted the internship of enemy aliens in WWII and would not be denied. Truman, a pragmatic liberal, integrated the armed forces. Having 'nuclear bombs' was a liberal plot? The GOP supported LBJ on the Tonkin Gulf Resolution as did the Democrats on Bush's reasons for invading Iraq.

But...but....but...the democrats were mislead by Bush as he had cherry picked intel.

Right?

"So then I guess Obama is in agreement with Rumsfeld seeing as he, too believes that nothing close to hundreds of thousands of troops are necessary for the "postwar" occupation of Iraq. // Why did you post this rediculous quote? Do you belkieve we should have several hundred thousands off troops over there for years to come?"

We see a fallacy of false comparison of Obama and an outright error. First, please give the exact number of American troops in Iraq. Second, Obama inherited the war and has dramatically drawn American troops there and recharacterized the mission.

You biased homers have to give this up, because you will get outed every time you try it.

"So then I guess Obama is in agreement with Rumsfeld seeing as he, too believes that nothing close to hundreds of thousands of troops are necessary for the "postwar" occupation of Iraq. // Why did you post this rediculous quote? Do you belkieve we should have several hundred thousands off troops over there for years to come?"

We see a fallacy of false comparison of Obama and an outright error. First, please give the exact number of American troops in Iraq. Second, Obama inherited the war and has dramatically drawn American troops there and recharacterized the mission.

You biased homers have to give this up, because you will get outed every time you try it.

Outed?

Youy changed the topic and took my response to the original topic...and you call that outing me?

Strakey...you are one weird fellow.

I dont even find you amusing anymore.

Forum List

Back