the Obama WH going forward told by John Heilemann ( the NYer)

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
interesting article. The mechanics are one thing, I was looking for the flavor of the atmosphere and decision making process......I recommend the whole article, pretty good overview.

a few items caught my eye in particular, noted below.

The West Wing, Season II

Almost overnight, Barack Obama overhauled his White House and rewrote much of the script. Now all he needs is a happy ending.

"The more pointed variant of this critique was directed specifically at Obama. Unlike 42—who loved to stay up late, jabbing at the speed dial, spending countless hours gabbing with local pols and businesspeople around the country to gauge the political wind and weather—44 not only eschewed reaching out to governors, mayors, or CEOs, but he rarely consulted outside the tiny charmed circle surrounding him in the White House. 'What you had was really three or four people running the entire government,' says the former White House strategist. 'I thought they put a pretty good Cabinet together, but most of those guys might as well be in the witness-protection program.'

A funny line, no doubt, but an overstatement, surely? Well, maybe not. "I happen to know most of the Cabinet pretty well, and I get together with them individually for lunch," says one of the most respected Democratic bigwigs in Washington. "I've had half a dozen Cabinet members say that in the first two years, they never had one call—not one call—from the president." . . . The president's friend and adviser Valerie Jarrett sometimes pointed out that not only had he never managed an operation, he'd never really had a nine-to-five job in his life. Obama didn't know what he didn't know, yet his self-confidence was so stratospheric that once, in the context of thinking about [Rahm] Emanuel's replacement, he remarked in all seriousness, "You know, I'd make a good chief of staff."

its 5 pages but a good quick read I think..

Where the Obama Administration Intends to Take the Country and How It Plans to Do So -- New York Magazine

Last edited:
Funny they think he was elected to make DC less toxic,
I guess they thought the threat of being labeled a racist for not liking his policies was enough to shut people up.

The more I have come to know Obama the less I have been able to stand reading about him. It's not that I hate him and it makes me angry, it's more that Obama is a simple man and a politician at that... He strikes me as someone who was handed a great deal in his life and strived as little as humanly possible at the rest. I doubt Obama knows what a hard weeks work is like as a hard day’s work means nothing.

So again, it's not that I hate Obama, making it so I can't stand reading about him, it's Obama is incredibly boring and useless. The fact that we got Obama after Bush "just sucks." The creepy fanbois like RW/rtard and Fatmatters whom seem to believe Obama is the "most accomplished President" in US history is nothing more than that small moronic group of people that talked about Bush the same way.

Sorry I tried to read the story but my eyes glazed over.

Forum List

Back