Rate cuts?

Why is the Fed talking rate cuts?

I thought the economy was going great?

Isn't that's when you are supposed to do rate increases so you have something to cut next time things go bad?

Powell suggests interest rates could be cut if trade tensions damage economic outlook

Not like Obama's great economy with the Fed Funds Rate at 0.25% for 7 years, eh comrade?
Wow, did you notice there has been no Oblama for a couple of years?

I noticed....no more whining about capitalism.
Only because of deafness.

His non-stop whining could definitely cause deafness.
Good thing he is not around.

Not like Obama's great economy with the Fed Funds Rate at 0.25% for 7 years, eh comrade?
Wow, did you notice there has been no Oblama for a couple of years?

I noticed....no more whining about capitalism.
Only because of deafness.

His non-stop whining could definitely cause deafness.
Good thing he is not around.

No kidding. We'll have to satisfy ourselves with the whining of the dozens
of Dem candidates for now......

Isn't that's when you are supposed to do rate increases so you have something to cut next time things go bad?

Powell suggests interest rates could be cut if trade tensions damage economic outlook

Deflection.

Try again.

The Fed is trying to micro manage the economy, and eventually it will crash down on them. They have become beholden to the stock market which is not within there charge of low unemployment and controlled inflation. However nearly all central banks around the globe are doing the same thing. It’s nuts!

I've worked in the transportation industry for over 20 years. I see jumbo jets stuffed to the gunwales with goods coming into this country, primarily for China. I've seen as many aircraft on the return trip loaded lightly or even flying dunnage on the return trip. Anecdotal evidence, perhaps, but seen and known for years. There is a definite trade imbalance and that needs to be addressed.

I’ve posted this before, but I quiver ever time somebody cries about the trade imbalance. Why would you rather import less than you export? Watch this video-

Deflection.

Try again.

upload_2019-6-5_19-16-54.png

Effective Federal Funds Rate | FRED | St. Louis Fed

DURR...…..

Deflection.

Try again.

View attachment 264005

Effective Federal Funds Rate | FRED | St. Louis Fed

DURR...…..
You're deflecting. Would you like to try again?

The idea here is to relieve some of the economic pressure that Mexico is putting on America by their insistence on Tariffs.

Mexico may get the impression that they will be able to blackmail our nation into accepting unlimited numbers of unvetted Illegal Aliens, this move makes it clear that we have a few tricks up our sleeves as well

The idea here is to relieve some of the economic pressure that Mexico is putting on America by their insistence on Tariffs.

Mexico may get the impression that they will be able to blackmail our nation into accepting unlimited numbers of unvetted Illegal Aliens, this move makes it clear that we have a few tricks up our sleeves as well

That's funny. Wrong, but funny. A week ago, wingnuts were claiming how great NAFTA 2.0 was going to be. Now, we're threatening a trade war unrelated to trade.

Forum List

Back