Rapper nominated for Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame?!?!

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
The rapper LL Cool J has been nominated for induction into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.

So what's next??

Is the group KISS going to be inducted into the R&B hall of fame?? . :cuckoo:

The rapper LL Cool J has been nominated for induction into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.

So what's next??

thats the way that that place is Sunni.....and there are still acts from the early days who actually contributed to R&R who are still waiting....like Deep Purple ......

So what's next??

thats the way that that place is Sunni.....and there are still acts from the early days who actually contributed to R&R who are still waiting....like Deep Purple ......

Bullshit, deep purple is NOT in the hall of fame? Unreal.......that's just, ridiculous...:mad:

And ll cool j? :lol: screw that as a place I want see......off the list.

So what's next??

I swear I came in to start a thread like this and saw yours. I took my daughter to see a Foreigner/Journey concert. Thought for sure that both were in the Hall but they're not. I went to the sight and saw that Public Enemy and now LLCoolJ? Are you fucking kidding me?

So what's next??

the so-called "Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame" lost all credibility to me when they didn't put this guy in the first chance they got... and then ignored him to this present day... fuck 'em...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yWaZVchd6k]STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN - Look At Little Sister 1989 (a string breaks) - YouTube[/ame]

The bottom line comes down to the fact that the bands that matter don't get in if they aren't the favorites of the people voting. It's run by the guys behind Rolling Stone magazine which explains the odd nominees like Madonna and Run DMC getting in and Rush and KISS not getting in (although Rush finally made it in last year after something like 15 years of eligibility).

It's a joke and means nothing at this point.

I think the RRHoF addressed that once and something to the effect of it isn't just rock roll, but popular music. Its a cop out answer, but it's what we got. But then again, if blues led to R&B and Motown and that lineage to rap, then they are cousins to rock. I can see Run DMC and Public Enemy in there more easily than I can see Madonna or ABBA.

As an aside, the album Public Enemy did with Anthrax rules.

So what's next??

Bullshit, deep purple is NOT in the hall of fame? Unreal.......that's just, ridiculous...:mad:

And ll cool j? :lol: screw that as a place I want see......off the list.
only nominated once.....

So what's next??

I swear I came in to start a thread like this and saw yours. I took my daughter to see a Foreigner/Journey concert. Thought for sure that both were in the Hall but they're not. I went to the sight and saw that Public Enemy and now LLCoolJ? Are you fucking kidding me?

the Dave Clark Five were supposed to go in a few years ago......but the Woman on Wenners panel said we need a Rap Group in....why i have no idea.....so the DC5 were out and Grandmaster Flash??? was in.....

The newly anointed candidates includes Chicago’s blues-rocking Paul Butterfield Blues Band, funk/disco pioneers Chic, British hard rock act Deep Purple, U.K. singer-songwriter Peter Gabriel, blue-eyed soul duo Hall & Oates, costumed New York metal act KISS, rapper LL Cool J, New Orleans funkateers the Meters, Seattle grunge icons Nirvana, L.A. rap posse N.W.A., Minneapolis’ shambolic punks the Replacements, vocalist Linda Ronstadt, singer-songwriter Cat Stevens, pathfinding guitarist Link Wray, Brit prog-rock kings Yes, and ‘60s British Invasion group the Zombies.

What about the others nomed? Soul duo, Hall and Oates? Punks are not R&R, how is Linda Ronstadt R&R? Country stars are in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. LL Cool J belongs there just the same as any present and past noms...

What does it take to "nominate" ??? Can't anybody nominate anybody ? A meaningless act, in and of itself ?
I remember once in college a kid nominated another kid for president of the student government. I don't think the nominated kid even knew what the word "government"meant. And if he found out, being wacked on hashish all the time, he wouldn't have cared.

I guess this is what passes for Rock n Roll artists today. . :cuckoo:

publicenemyafrica.com-pe.jpg

Last edited:

So what's next??

Couldn't have picked a nicer guy.

And LL Cool J is a really nice guy.

Forum List

Back