Rapper nominated for Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame?!?!

I hate the r and r hall of shame. How about Kansas. the Moody Blues just to name a few.

What about Maiden and Priest? They defined an entire subgenera of metal and they aren't in.

Here's a list of bands by eligibility date that aren't in. It reads like a who's who of music. Future Rock Legends - Artists Currently Eligible for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

that list names everybody who ever recorded.....many of them do not deserve it because they did not do enough to warrant it....but you can see all those who do deserve to be there but yet are not and are being pushed aside for newer acts who have not accomplished as much...or for fucking rap/hip hop acts....the place started off good but since the mid nineties has turned into a who can kiss Jan Wenners ass the best to get in........

The rapper LL Cool J has been nominated for induction into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.

So what's next??

Is the group KISS going to be inducted into the R&B hall of fame?? . :cuckoo:

Couldn't have picked a nicer guy.

And LL Cool J is a really nice guy.

so what has he contributed to R&R?.....what Rock acts has he influenced?...

There's plenty of pop/rock/artists that make use of Rap beats and vocal cadences.

It's been extremely influential. Heck..even country and western artist have been employing some rap techniques.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Kanye West: "Rap is the new rock -n- roll, I'm the No. 1 rock star on the planet?

He added: “We culture. Rap is the new rock ‘n’ roll. We the rock stars…We the new rock stars and I’m the biggest of all of them. I’m the No. 1 rock star on the planet.”

Be right back, need brain bleach.

/hums Jeopardy theme

Okay, where was I.

Yes. I take his statement to mean Rap is going to replace rock. How can it replace it, if it IS it??

Kanye is a jerk.....50 years from now he will be known for being a jerk over his "music"....

I don't think so.

He's really very talented.

To bad, however..he is a big jerk.

:tongue:

There's plenty of pop/rock/artists that make use of Rap beats and vocal cadences.

It's been extremely influential. Heck..even country and western artist have been employing some rap techniques.

Sallow we are talking about LL Cool J are we not?.....so how many Rock artist say LL Cool J.....has influenced them over say Deep Purple?.....just about every Rock band in the 80's that are already in the Hall have cited DP as a major influence.....i have NEVER heard anyone say LL influenced them.....

The evolution of music as a means to enter the HOF is spurious. If it was that important, a bunch of shitty early 80's rap artists would be put into the HOF. And then you'd have to start putting in Perry Como and Doris Day because they undoubtedly had their effect upon the Everly Brothers and acts such as that. And then you'd have to go back until you were putting F Scott Key in the HOF. And furthermore, rap was a very established genre by the time LL Cool J came around.

Forum List

Back