Rapper nominated for Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame?!?!

The rapper LL Cool J has been nominated for induction into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.

So what's next??

Is the group KISS going to be inducted into the R&B hall of fame?? . :cuckoo:

Couldn't have picked a nicer guy.

And LL Cool J is a really nice guy.

Lots of guys are nice guys. Like Liberace. I wouldn't nominate him for the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame. Long time rockers like Keith Richards, Bob Dylan, and Paul McCartney must be scratching their heads.

Blondie's song and video 'Rapture' was the first commercially successful main stream rap song.

But so far she hasn't been inducted into the Hip/Hop/Rap HOF.

Maybe her blond hair and white skin is a visible barrier for admission into the all black category.

[ame=http://youtu.be/pHCdS7O248g]Blondie - Rapture - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The rapper LL Cool J has been nominated for induction into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.

So what's next??

the so-called "Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame" lost all credibility to me when they didn't put this guy in the first chance they got... and then ignored him to this present day... fuck 'em...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yWaZVchd6k]STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN - Look At Little Sister 1989 (a string breaks) - YouTube[/ame]

holy smokes..thats just....whatever......whats to be said.

and as far as Deep Purple, Jon Lord died last year, wtf are they waiting for? Ritchie to kick off too? whats the effing point?

Best hip hop group has allready been inducted BEASTIE BOYS, three white jews ahhaahaaaaaaahaaaaa

I just checked, Pink Floyd was inducted in 1996 ( they included syd too, which is sorta, well, not quite right) thank god, I would've had a fuking meltdown if they were not in....

I just checked, Pink Floyd was inducted in 1996 ( they included syd too, which is sorta, well, not quite right) thank god, I would've had a fuking meltdown if they were not in....

Yea but Roger had to be an asshole and to a video call in. I love his lyrics but he sure is a arrogant dickwad.

So what's next??

the so-called "Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame" lost all credibility to me when they didn't put this guy in the first chance they got... and then ignored him to this present day... fuck 'em...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yWaZVchd6k]STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN - Look At Little Sister 1989 (a string breaks) - YouTube[/ame]

holy smokes..thats just....whatever......whats to be said.

and as far as Deep Purple, Jon Lord died last year, wtf are they waiting for? Ritchie to kick off too? whats the effing point?

there was a music "critic" last year in response to them being passed by again who said....."what have they done to warrant their induction?.......Smoke On The Water isnt enough".......and this guy was a music critic.....:eusa_eh:....i guess he is unaware of all the acts they influenced.... James Hetfield of Metallica i believe it was ....said its funny how all the rock acts from the 80's who are already here cite DP as a very major influence......and yet they are not here

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Kanye West: "Rap is the new rock -n- roll, I'm the No. 1 rock star on the planet?

He added: “We culture. Rap is the new rock ‘n’ roll. We the rock stars…We the new rock stars and I’m the biggest of all of them. I’m the No. 1 rock star on the planet.”

Be right back, need brain bleach.

/hums Jeopardy theme

Okay, where was I.

Yes. I take his statement to mean Rap is going to replace rock. How can it replace it, if it IS it??

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Kanye West: "Rap is the new rock -n- roll, I'm the No. 1 rock star on the planet?

He added: “We culture. Rap is the new rock ‘n’ roll. We the rock stars…We the new rock stars and I’m the biggest of all of them. I’m the No. 1 rock star on the planet.”

Be right back, need brain bleach.

/hums Jeopardy theme

Okay, where was I.

Yes. I take his statement to mean Rap is going to replace rock. How can it replace it, if it IS it??

Kanye is a jerk.....50 years from now he will be known for being a jerk over his "music"....

Kanye West has gotten a new lease on life since his baby was born. He went on Jimmy Kimmel and made peace, he smiles all the time now.

The other thing, LL Cool J was caught by TMZ the other night and they congratulated him on making it into the hall of fame. He said maybe it was an accident referring to his song Accidental Racist and kind of started walking away with a wry grin on his face. This other guy suddenly started telling funny jokes one right after the other, rapid fire:

How do you find Will Smith in the snow. Look for Fresh Prints

What do you call a nun at 6000 ft? Nun of the above

You know why Lamar Odom gave Kobe Bryant 5,000,000? Cause Lamar Owed Him

He had Cool J laughing so hard. It was hilarious.

So what's next??

thats the way that that place is Sunni.....and there are still acts from the early days who actually contributed to R&R who are still waiting....like Deep Purple ......

Bullshit, deep purple is NOT in the hall of fame? Unreal.......that's just, ridiculous...:mad:

And ll cool j? :lol: screw that as a place I want see......off the list.

Not to mention great acts like Depeche Mode, The Cure, Duran Duran, Oingo Boingo, New Order; just to name a few. Yet, the Police and U2 are there because they sound more like 'classic rock.' I figured out that The Rock N' Roll HOF and The Grammys are bull shit a long time ago. I don't even worry about it.

Still waiting on Jethro Tull

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUEA5NWlQU0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUEA5NWlQU0[/ame]

Last edited:
"A CEO, a Conservative and a Liberal walk into a room. There are ten cookies on the table. The CEO takes nine and whispers to the Conservative.......Liberals trying to take your cookie"

The government is the biggest corporation of all, ass munch.

Forum List

Back