any musicians on this forum?

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
I'm a self taught musician, interested in other musicians views on this forum. Like what kind of music do you play? What instruments do you play? Do you read Music, or play by ear like I do? How do you sell your music? Do you play gigs?

Here's some of my stuff....
R.J. HANGOVER's Songs

I'm also on bandmix.com, which is a sight for musicians all over the country. Every city has musicians looking to hook up with other musicians to play with. The town I live in has over a hundred musicians. Nashville has over 1600.

I'm learning. I play guitar and bass. I play mostly hard rock and metal, but am expanding to surf rock and trop rock songs. I can read music to a point, but I learn best by playing to a recording a few times until I "get it". I haven't recorded anything and the only gig I played was a friend's party and even that was mostly jamming.

String things mostly. Learned music on piano as a toddler, then picked up guitar and banjo, later hammered dulcimer, bouzouki, bowed psaltery, violin/viola and some odd things. I did learn the dots with the piano thing, but I find putting it through the left brain just gets in the way. I have auralgraphic memory anyway, so all I need to do is hear it once.

Mostly play acoustic and/or traditional music, especially Celtic (Cape Breton especially). Was also in a jug band (violin, mandolin, piano). And of course singing.

String things mostly. Learned music on piano as a toddler, then picked up guitar and banjo, later hammered dulcimer, bouzouki, bowed psaltery, violin/viola and some odd things. I did learn the dots with the piano thing, but I find putting it through the left brain just gets in the way. I have auralgraphic memory anyway, so all I need to do is hear it once.

Mostly play acoustic and/or traditional music, especially Celtic (Cape Breton especially). Was also in a jug band (violin, mandolin, piano). And of course singing.
I wrote a song called RIGHT BRAINED PERSON LIVING IN A LEFT BRAINED WORLD.

played bass for 20 years, kinda left it in the dust, been playing electric guitar for 7. It was hard getting used to using a pick to play since I use the 3 finger picking technique on the bass. I play thrash and death metal. I write a lot of original material and am constantly trying to start a band...it's too bad a lot of people here aren't dedicated to play. I'll play anything, just as long as I can get on stage again.

I wrote a song called RIGHT BRAINED PERSON LIVING IN A LEFT BRAINED WORLD.

Wanna post it? Or at least the lyrics?

If you're interested I keep recommending this book... [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Master-His-Emissary-Divided/dp/0300188374/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383935313&sr=8-1&keywords=the+master+and+his+emissary"]The Master and His Emissary[/ame]

played bass for 20 years, kinda left it in the dust, been playing electric guitar for 7. It was hard getting used to using a pick to play since I use the 3 finger picking technique on the bass. I play thrash and death metal. I write a lot of original material and am constantly trying to start a band...it's too bad a lot of people here aren't dedicated to play. I'll play anything, just as long as I can get on stage again.

same here.

same here.

Get a (green) room, you two... :lol:

I´d like to play drums but I´m all alone in that godforsaken hellhole.

I made this some day:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmhmOelfUhk]Play to Sweet Child O Mine - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back