Rape - Is it a culture?

There have been around 1% of the number of male on female rapes.

Which makes your example look desperate, to say the least.

Desperate to do what genus?

Desperate to distract posters from the fact that a rape is generally a crime committed by men against women.

For a guy very to point out that gun crime statistics need to be looked at by race, looking at rape by gender should be fairly obvious.

The point was not directed at you genus... Rape is not about "men and their dicks"

I have limited amount of time at hand and I cannot afford to waste it on trolls.

In other words, you know that what you have posted is false, but you lack the integrity to use facts.

Interesting.

I'll post something on rape in India later for you.

You are the dishonest person. You can download the statistics from the UN website and see for yourself who has the higher rape incidents. I have provided the link already.

You are the dishonest person. You can download the statistics from the UN website and see for yourself who has the higher rape incidents. I have provided the link already.

Firstly, you "forgot" to mention that some categories of rape are not illegal in India, such as rape within marriage. Hence, the stats you posted are not reflective on reality.

Secondly, you might have mentioned that rape in India is rarely reported, and that even Indian authorities (suchas the National Crime Records Bureau)accept that the rape 'problem' in India is catastrophic.

The BBC recently reported that more than 7,000 children are raped every year in India - and of which a couple of hundred are reported.

Rape in India has been described by Radha Kumar as one of India's most common crimes against women[1] and by the UN’s human-rights chief as a “national problem”.[2] Marital rape is not a criminal offence.[3]

While per-capita reported incidents of rape are quite low compared to other countries, even developed countries.[4][5] According to 2012 statistics, New Delhi has the highest number of rape-reports among Indian cities, while Jabalpur has the per capita incidence of reported rapes.[6][7] Sources show that rape cases in India have doubled between 1990 and 2008.[8] According to the National Crime Records Bureau, 24,206 rape cases were registered in India in 2011, although experts agree that the unreported cases of sexual assault is much higher.[9]

A new case is reported every 20 minutes.

Rape in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

800px-Rape_in_India.png

Last edited:

Firstly, you "forgot" to mention that some categories of rape are not illegal in India, such as rape within marriage. Hence, the stats you posted are not reflective on reality.

Secondly, you might have mentioned that rape in India is rarely reported, and that even Indian authorities (suchas the National Crime Records Bureau)accept that the rape 'problem' in India is catastrophic.

The BBC recently reported that more than 7,000 children are raped every year in India - and of which a couple of hundred are reported.

BBC may be your idea of a credible source. Not mine. I will stick with the UN statistics.

Vikrant -

I will stick with the UN statistics.

I thought you might...so this is from the UN:

– Expressing deep sadness at the death of a 23-year-old woman whose gang-rape in India has sparked nationwide protests there, the top United Nations human rights official today called for “urgent and rational debate” aimed at ending violence against women in the country.

“What is needed is a new public consciousness and more effective and sensitive enforcement of the law in the interests of women,” said the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay, amidst media reports that India remained in mourning two days after the woman, a physiotherapy student whose name has not been publicly released, died in a Singapore hospital of internal injuries inflicted by her attackers.

The UN official highlighted that the attack was the latest in a series of rape cases, a fact reflected in statistics showing that reported rapes increased by 25 per cent from 2006 to 2011.

Ms. Pillay also pointed out that attacks are occurring against women of all social classes. While the 23-year-old New Delhi victim was reportedly from India’s rising urban class, Ms. Pillay cited the gang-rape in October of a 16-year-old girl of the Dalit designation – a grouping traditionally regarded as ‘untouchable’ even though untouchability is prohibited under India’s Constitution.

United Nations News Centre - UN human rights chief calls for profound change in India in wake of gang-rape tragedy

Rape in India has been described by Radha Kumar as one of India's most common crimes against women[1] and by the UN’s human-rights chief as a “national problem”.[2] Marital rape is not a criminal offence.[3]

While per-capita reported incidents of rape are quite low compared to other countries, even developed countries.[4][5] According to 2012 statistics, New Delhi has the highest number of rape-reports among Indian cities, while Jabalpur has the per capita incidence of reported rapes.[6][7] Sources show that rape cases in India have doubled between 1990 and 2008.[8] According to the National Crime Records Bureau, 24,206 rape cases were registered in India in 2011, although experts agree that the unreported cases of sexual assault is much higher.[9]

A new case is reported every 20 minutes.

Rape in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

800px-Rape_in_India.png

That is your credible source. Seriously?

This is why rape is so high in your country. Instead of accepting the reality and doing something about it, you are engaging in propaganda against honest nations.

Vikrant -

If you'd like to try and debate the topic sensibly, by all means do so.

If you'd like to try and maintain the myth that India is not one of the world's worst countries for rape - despite your own source saying it is - then you can do that too. I doubt you'll get many responses, though.

I started a new thread to look at Asia more speficically: http://www.usmessageboard.com/asia/315231-rape-in-asia-an-entitlement.html#post7899610

Last edited:
Saigon,

You are not debating anything. You are peddling your bias as fact; when I point that out, it rattles you.

I am giving you statistics from the UN, a credible source which shows extremely low rape index for India and extremely high rape index for Finland and you are coming back with Wikipedia link and other distractions.

I am giving you facts. You are using speculations aired in propaganda outlets to counter those facts. That is disingenuous to say the least.

I am only responding to you for the benefits of other posters. As far as you are concerned, you have no credibility with me. You have proven time and time again that you neither possess integrity nor the knowledge to engage in ingenuous discourse.

I am giving you statistics from the UN,

Statistics which you know to be false, as explained to you in #44 and #45.

Please also note the comments from the UN on rape in India which I just posted.

Please try and post with a little common sense and honesty...really.

It is men of color that rape far more then white men

Saigon,

I have given you the UN statistics and you have given me speculations aired in BBC, Wikipeida and an article about a lone rape case in India.

I can understand why rape is such a huge problem in Finland and Northern/Western Europe in general because they have no desire to do anything about it. They are simply washing their hands off it. There is no debate on arresting the culture of rape in Finland or Europe. This is disturbing.

Vikrant -

Just to be clear here, you are saying that the material from the Indian National Centre of Crime (quoted in #44) statistics is "speculation"?

Can you explain why you feel that way?

There is no debate on arresting the culture of rape in Finland or Europe. This is disturbing.

I am going to assume this is irony.

It is men of color that rape far more then white men

I do not particularly enjoy engaging in this kind of debate but I guess you do not believe in facts. So I have to point this out: you are wrong.

The UN, an impartial body publishes statistics on rape periodically. Those statistics consistently show that rape is far more prevalent in Europe particularly in Western and Northern Europe.

Forum List

Back