Rape - Is it a culture?

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Last week’s outbreak of raunchy frosh-week chants at two of Canada’s leading universities – one on each coast – made national headlines. Television reporters covered the events with the sorrowful solemnity normally reserved for crimes against children. News anchors and politicians called the incidents, which seemed to endorse sex with underage girls, “shocking” and “disgraceful.”

According to many students, the problems go deep. “On our campuses, there is a culture of rape, of non-consent,” a female student at the University of British Columbia told Global TV. “It’s just a manifestation of rape culture,” Lewis Rendell, who sits on the board of the Saint Mary’s University Women’s Centre, told the student newspaper at her Halifax school.

University administrators were shocked, as well. UBC’s business school immediately withdrew its funding for frosh week. Saint Mary’s will ensure that all the student leaders involved (including a number of women) receive sensitivity training. The president has appointed a task force that will recommend measures to “foster a cultural change that prevents sexual violence.”

Rape on campus ? is it an epidemic? - The Globe and Mail

Edit: Copyright Compliance - more at link.

Last edited by a moderator:

A woman is sexually assaulted by forced intercourse every 17 minutes in Canada

One of every 17 Canadian women is raped at some point in her life

A woman is sexually assaulted by forced intercourse every 17 minutes in Canada

Girls and young women between the ages of 15-24 are the most likely victims

80% of assaults happen in the victim's home

70% of rapes are committed by a perpetrator who knows the victims (relative, friend, neighbour, colleague, or other acquaintance)

Approximately one half of all rapes occur on dates

62% of victims are physically injured in the attack; 9% are beaten severely or disfigured

Statistics Canada has found that one in four girls and one in eight boys have been sexually abused by the time they are eighteen

Statistics of Sexual Assault in Canada - Rape Victims Support Network

rape is not about culture.... it is about power and men and their dicks.
Some cultures rape much more then others

rape is still not about culture. It is about power and men and their dicks

though i will agree it is more prevalent in some more then others. And that is only becasue they are allowed to get away with it. Trust me...if this men could get away with more often then they do... i would be a whole lot more prevalent here as well.....

Last edited:
rape is not about culture.... it is about power and men and their dicks.
Some cultures rape much more then others

rape is still not about culture. It is about power and men and their dicks

though i will agree it is more prevent in some more then others. And that is only becasue they are allowed to get away with it. Trust me...if this men could get away with more often then they do... i would be a whole lot more prevalent here as well.....
What stops them from getting away with it?

combinedscaleandsanctionofrape20113.png

Here is the statistics gathered by the UN country by country on rape incidents.

Crime and criminal justice statistics

You can download the excel sheet and view the data from the link above. You will need Microsoft Office or Open Office to view the excel sheet. It is the most comprehensive and reliable data on rape around the globe.

I just noticed Sweden is even higher than Australia and UK. In Sweden, 180 women get raped per 100K people. Mind boggling!

Europe ranks number one in rape. Africa is distant second. Asia even including the middle east comes at the bottom.

Also certain countries on American continent such as Canada are alarmingly high.

Here is the statistics gathered by the UN country by country on rape incidents.

Crime and criminal justice statistics

You can download the excel sheet and view the data from the link above. You will need Microsoft Office or Open Office to view the excel sheet. It is the most comprehensive and reliable data on rape around the globe.

I just noticed Sweden is even higher than Australia and UK. In Sweden, 180 women get raped per 100K people. Mind boggling!

you are not factoring in...... reporting. It could be that rape is reported more often then in AU our the UK.

I think it is disingenuous to counter facts with speculation. However, I understand the frustration of those who are raised on heavy dose of stereotypes; it can take some time to come to terms with reality but as they say, if there is a will there is a way.

I think it is disingenuous to counter facts with speculation. However, I understand the frustration of those who are raised on heavy dose of stereotypes; it can take some time to come to terms with reality but as they say, if there is a will there is a way.

you mean if there is a dick there is a way........:lol:

Forum List

Back