Rand Paul's son arrested

You get as much justice in the USA as you can afford.
And you have it made if you have the celeb exemption.

Some do.
Some believe that only corporations and such should have police forces.

Libertarians believe in absolute private property. In no way does that mean we don't believe in disorderly conduct laws or that only corporations should have police forces.

Some do.

Libertarians believe in absolute private property. In no way does that mean we don't believe in disorderly conduct laws or that only corporations should have police forces.

Hmm I can't remember who but I seem to have argued those points with someone on here claiming to be a Libertarian.
There are some extreme nutz claiming to be libertarians.

A teenager who says he is the son of a U.S. Senator, and grandson of a former Presidential candidate, was arrested Saturday night at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

William Hilton Paul, 19, was then transported and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail.

Sources at the Mecklenburg Co. Sheriff's Office say he identified himself as the son of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. Senator Paul's father is former Presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Paul was also charged with Disorderly Conduct and being Intoxicated and Disruptive.

William Hilton Paul arrest Rand Paul Ron Paul Charlotte airport - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC
With the name of "Kennedy" I would not be pointing any fingers...

Some do.

Hmm I can't remember who but I seem to have argued those points with someone on here claiming to be a Libertarian.
There are some extreme nutz claiming to be libertarians.

Well it depends, because we might not call them "disorderly conduct laws." It'd just be violating private property. One could be as disorderly as they want on their own property. So they could just be arguing semantics, but it's essentially the same.

A teenager who says he is the son of a U.S. Senator, and grandson of a former Presidential candidate, was arrested Saturday night at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

William Hilton Paul, 19, was then transported and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail.

Sources at the Mecklenburg Co. Sheriff's Office say he identified himself as the son of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. Senator Paul's father is former Presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Paul was also charged with Disorderly Conduct and being Intoxicated and Disruptive.

William Hilton Paul arrest Rand Paul Ron Paul Charlotte airport - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC
With the name of "Kennedy" I would not be pointing any fingers...

Kennedy obviously isn't my real name, and I'm not "pointing fingers."

No -- the "story" is irrelevant regardless the motive for trying to make it into one.
What I'm saying is you're apparently so dim that you posted this non-story against your own interests, and yet you don't even see it.

But there's still no justification for trying to make this into a story, regardless where you stand on (or stomp on the hand of) Rand Paul. This is not a story about Rand Paul. This is a story about some 19-year-old kid nobody knows. That's why it isn't a story. And your thread has been entirely about why it isn't a story. That should tell you something. It doesn't, but it should.

If it wasn't a story it would have died. I've posted plenty of threads where absolutely nobody comments. Those are, at least according to USMB, non-stories. Yet here you are still talking about this alleged non-story.

And that it still is.

Real slow now: muckraking news media will put this swill out there in hopes of catching some gullible soul to read it...

That doesn't obligate you to be that gullible soul. Nor does it excuse you from discriminating real news from gossiipist pap. This is the latter.

Just because some hair-on-fire tabloid puts this in a newspaper, that doesn't mean it's actual news. You are free to discriminate the difference. This may shock you but news media editors aren't always right in their choice of stories. To assume that they are is self-defeating if not downright dangerous.

I have been here for far, far, far too long. And I can say that without a doubt, Kevin is the most intellectually honest poster that has ever posted here. I have enormous respect for Kevin.

Take his word for the reasons he posted the article. Kevin is an unabashed libertarian and Paul supporter, and has been since he has been here. Most partisans would ignore this or defend Rand but would attack someone of the opposite political persuasion for doing the exact same thing. That he would post this article is consistent with his intellectual honesty. I commend him for that.

19 year old charged with underage drinking, intoxication, disorderly conduct...
:eusa_eh:
Rand Paul’s son arrested, report says
1/6/13 - A teenager who told police that he was the son of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) was arrested at a North Carolina airport on disorderly conduct and public intoxication charges, according to police.
William Hilton Paul, 19, is charged with consuming alcohol underage, being intoxicated, and disruptive and disorderly conduct, The Charlotte Observer reported Sunday. He was on an early Saturday flight from Lexington, Ky., to Charlotte, N.C., and he was charged after the flight landed at 10:49 a.m., police said.

A Charlotte police officer said “he [Paul] was possibly served alcohol on the flight,” according to the Observer. ”We were not involved in the incident,” Jon Allen, a TSA spokesman, told POLITICO on Sunday.

Last year, Sen. Rand Paul was stopped from boarding a plane at a Nashville, Tenn., airport after he refused to undergo a full body pat-down by TSA agents, according to a spokeswoman. TSA officials said the Kentucky senator, who had triggered the alarm during a routine screening, was not detained.

Read more: Rand Paul

Forum List

Back