Rand Paul's son arrested

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
A teenager who says he is the son of a U.S. Senator, and grandson of a former Presidential candidate, was arrested Saturday night at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

William Hilton Paul, 19, was then transported and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail.

Sources at the Mecklenburg Co. Sheriff's Office say he identified himself as the son of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. Senator Paul's father is former Presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Paul was also charged with Disorderly Conduct and being Intoxicated and Disruptive.

William Hilton Paul arrest Rand Paul Ron Paul Charlotte airport - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

A teenager who says he is the son of a U.S. Senator, and grandson of a former Presidential candidate, was arrested Saturday night at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

William Hilton Paul, 19, was then transported and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail.

Sources at the Mecklenburg Co. Sheriff's Office say he identified himself as the son of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. Senator Paul's father is former Presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Paul was also charged with Disorderly Conduct and being Intoxicated and Disruptive.

William Hilton Paul arrest Rand Paul Ron Paul Charlotte airport - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Why is this "news"? Rand Paul's son doesn't hold office.

It's an event that happens to be current. Whether you want to define it as "news" is up to you.

:lol:

luddy.net is gunna hate you for stealing his thunder.

:eusa_clap:

:lol:

luddy.net is gunna hate you for stealing his thunder.

Well I didn't post this as a partisan hack, so he can keep his thunder.

It's an event that happens to be current. Whether you want to define it as "news" is up to you.

I don't but that's not the question. Why do you define it as news?
I mean in the scope of world events, who the fuck is William Hilton Paul? Why don't we get the entire police blotter of everyone arrested for intoxication? It's not like it's an uncommon crime nobody ever did before.

Maybe I just feel gossip journalism cheapens genuine news.

Last edited:
Obviously picking on him because he is libertarian

I mean in the scope of world events, who the fuck is William Hilton Paul? Why don't we get the entire police blotter of everyone arrested for intoxication? It's not like it's an uncommon crime nobody ever did before.

Imagine if a kid of a Democratic politician was .... never mind.

The Kennedy, and Bush families are laughing at this one

OK, to come clean, my question is entirely rhetorical. I know exactly why this is plunked in the news: yet another guilt-by-association tactic. That's why the OP can't answer the question; it would give him away.

Now as for Rand Paul himself I happen to believe the best thing he can do for his country would be to resign from the Senate and go live in Bhutan as an Aqua Buddha monk for the rest of this life. But his son getting arrested for intoxication has absolute zero to do with any of that. It is, in a word, irrelevant. To anything.

When you aim your political reasoning at the cheap seats you'll never again be taken seriously as anything more than a monger of snake oil. Ask Rupert Murdoch.

Surely we can do better than this.

I honestly don't feel the need to analyze it as deeply as you. It's a current event, I posted it in Current Events. If you don't want to discuss it then you don't have to.

OK, to come clean, my question is entirely rhetorical. I know exactly why this is plunked in the news: yet another guilt-by-association tactic. That's why the OP can't answer the question; it would give him away.

Now as for Rand Paul himself I happen to believe the best thing he can do for his country would be to resign from the Senate and go live in Bhutan as an Aqua Buddha monk for the rest of this life. But his son getting arrested for intoxication has absolute zero to do with any of that. It is, in a word, irrelevant. To anything.

When you aim your political reasoning at the cheap seats you'll never again be taken seriously as anything more than a monger of snake oil. Ask Rupert Murdoch.

The OP is somebody who supports Rand at least 60% of the time, for the record. I posted this because it happened.

I can't make sense of your priorities, however. This is nonsense designed for "guilt-by-association," but the anonymous story about "Aqua Buddha" with absolutely no evidence whatsoever is serious.

I honestly don't feel the need to analyze it as deeply as you. It's a current event, I posted it in Current Events. If you don't want to discuss it then you don't have to.

He/She is discussing it. Saying it is undeserving of the press it is getting is a valid point

He/She is discussing it. Saying it is undeserving of the press it is getting is a valid point

He/She is discussing it by whining about others discussing it, and accusing me of having ulterior motives against Rand when I was one of the biggest supporters of Rand on this board.

The OP is somebody who supports Rand at least 60% of the time, for the record. I posted this because it happened.

I can't make sense of your priorities, however. This is nonsense designed for "guilt-by-association," but the anonymous story about "Aqua Buddha" with absolutely no evidence whatsoever is serious.

You posted it "because it happened". Uh huh. The other day I dropped a piece of paper on the floor. I didn't drop everything to rush in here and make it into a freaking news story. You want the story? You could scoop the world.

So diga me, kemo sabe... if your whole purpose here isn't some gossipy guilt-by-association fallacy, would you have posted this story if William Nobody Smith got arrested, i.e. minus the association?

OK then.

He/She is discussing it by whining about others discussing it, and accusing me of having ulterior motives against Rand when I was one of the biggest supporters of Rand on this board.

please, stop taking yourself so seriously...nobody else does. :redface:

You posted it "because it happened". Uh huh. The other day I dropped a piece of paper on the floor. I didn't drop everything to rush in here and make it into a freaking news story. You want the story? You could scoop the world.

So diga me, kemo sabe... if your whole purpose here isn't some gossipy guilt-by-association fallacy, would you have posted this story if William Nobody Smith got arrested, i.e. minus the association?

OK then.

This is a message board dedicated to politics. Rand Paul is a politician. His son being arrested is relevant. This is not me attempting to discredit Rand Paul, as I mostly support Rand Paul. Don't know how many times I can point that out.

How about your bringing up the Aqua Buddha nonsense? Was that not your attempt to discredit Rand by unsubstantiated rumor-mongering?

Forum List

Back