Rand Paul is not a certified Doctor

Oh, I get it. You want to point to someone else and say, "but he did it, too!"

Well that's a fun game but it doesn't distract from the fact that Paul is skirting on the edge of being unethical.

Shouldn't it be Cec's job to prove that Ravi defended Clinton? She's the one that made the claim in the first place.

Shouldn't it be everybody else's job to prove that Rand is lying when he said he created the NBO to provide competition for the ABO because he disapproved of their recertification process that discriminated against younger doctors?

Did I ever say it wasn't?

I'd like to get right to the bottom line here: this story has fuck-all to do with Rand Paul's qualifications for the office for which he's campaigning, and as such, is an utterly pathetic attempt at mudslinging by his opponents.
I'd say it speaks to his character.

Then again, maybe character isn't really important in a politician.
I agree 100%

And, BTW, I'm as "right-wing-nutjob-conservative" as ya can get :eusa_shhh:

Sometimes you just gotta call 'em as you see 'em

Shouldn't it be Cec's job to prove that Ravi defended Clinton? She's the one that made the claim in the first place.

Shouldn't it be everybody else's job to prove that Rand is lying when he said he created the NBO to provide competition for the ABO because he disapproved of their recertification process that discriminated against younger doctors?

Did I ever say it wasn't?

Nope. I shouldn't have made an assumption. Sorry about that.

The Rand Paul medical board controversy is not a manifestation of evasiveness but rather an example of Dr. Paul’s principled stand against bureaucracy.

I am a board certified ophthalmologist practicing in Dr. Paul’s city and was not required to take the American Board of Ophthalmology recertification exam because I was “grandfathered” in.

Dr. Paul had the boldness to do what thousands of doctors would like to do - challenge the medical bureaucracy on the unfairness of requiring recertification for some and not for others.

There are further questions about whether recertification improves medical care or just improves the bottom line for the medical boards and the AMA. Medical professionals regularly and confidently refer patients to Dr. Paul.

Please do not be distracted by this irrelevant smokescreen.

Gerald E. Sullivan

Bowling Green

Bowling Green Daily News

That's fine and all...but he should tell his patients that he (or his wife) is the one that certified him.

Again, why create a company to do what isn't required?

That's fine and all...but he should tell his patients that he (or his wife) is the one that certified him.

Again, do you have an issue with competition? And do you think Clarkson should disclose to his patients that he is the head of the organization that he is certified by?

Again, do you have an issue with competition? And do you think Clarkson should disclose to his patients that he is the head of the organization that he is certified by?
Yes...especially if he was certified after he took the position of president.

And your position on competition?

I'm okay with it. But in all honesty, if he was my choice of doctor I'd go elsewhere. It's hard enough to pick a good one as it is...

I'm okay with it. But in all honesty, if he was my choice of doctor I'd go elsewhere. It's hard enough to pick a good one as it is...

So you're ok with competition, so long as the president of the competitor isn't certified by the board they're president of? So should Rand Paul, as president of the NBO, be certified by the ABO?

So you're ok with competition, so long as the president of the competitor isn't certified by the board they're president of? So should Rand Paul, as president of the NBO, be certified by the ABO?
Kevin, I don't know how to make this any clearer.

It is a conflict of interest to be certified by the group you are the president of...in both cases, the president should not be certified unless he was certified before he became president.

It is a conflict of interest to be certified by the group you are the president of...in both cases, the president should not be certified unless he was certified before he became president.

And, of course, you leave an out for the head of the ABO by making a claim that it's somehow different to be certified by the same group you're the head of so long as you were certified before you became the head.

And, of course, you leave an out for the head of the ABO by making a claim that it's somehow different to be certified by the same group you're the head of so long as you were certified before you became the head.
I'd still be suspicious.

You?

So who's the President of the ABO certified by?

I'm curious, is that because of the certification or because of who he is and his political point of view or both?

Immie

I'd still be suspicious.

You?

Not me. I support competition and realize it makes no sense to protest the head of a certification board being certified by the same board. But you should realize that as a libertarian I don't believe that Rand Paul should have to even be licensed by the state to practice medicine. Certainly I'm not going to base my choice of doctor on whatever board that doctor happens to be certified by.

I would make that distinction.

When Dr. Clarkson was certified he had no control over the process. I see nothing wrong with him becoming the President of the organization at a later date. I would suspect that whoever was the President would be certified.

I would expect Dr. Rand to be certified by his own board, in fact, I would find it odd if he was not. However, having control of such an organization requires extra scrutiny to make certain that all your I's are dotted and all your T's are crossed. As long as Dr. Rand has met the qualifications of the board at the same standards as all others who are certified from the board there is no problem at all.

As Cecilie has stated above none of this has anything at all to do with the job he is being "interviewed" for. One last thing, he is licensed by the state. One would be led to believe that as long as he is licensed he is qualified to do the job of the profession that he is in. Qualified and competent to do so.

Immie

I'd like to get right to the bottom line here: this story has fuck-all to do with Rand Paul's qualifications for the office for which he's campaigning, and as such, is an utterly pathetic attempt at mudslinging by his opponents.

Ok lets get at that. What are Rand Pauls qualifications to be a US senator?

Has he held any other public office?

He is of course a military veteran?

I would make that distinction.

When Dr. Clarkson was certified he had no control over the process. I see nothing wrong with him becoming the President of the organization at a later date. I would suspect that whoever was the President would be certified.

I would expect Dr. Rand to be certified by his own board, in fact, I would find it odd if he was not. However, having control of such an organization requires extra scrutiny to make certain that all your I's are dotted and all your T's are crossed. As long as Dr. Rand has met the qualifications of the board at the same standards as all others who are certified from the board there is no problem at all.

As Cecilie has stated above none of this has anything at all to do with the job he is being "interviewed" for. One last thing, he is licensed by the state. One would be led to believe that as long as he is licensed he is qualified to do the job of the profession that he is in. Qualified and competent to do so.

Immie

And yet you are not operating under the assumption that Rand only started his own certification board to make it easier on himself to get certified, as it is apparent so many others are.

Forum List

Back