Rambo....review by John Nolte...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The new movie by Sylvester Stalone tackles the Mexican Drug cartels....so, he is being called a racist......but the truth is the truth...
'Rambo: Last Blood' Review: Sylvester Stallone Tells a Vital Truth the Media Won't

You can laugh at the fact that Last Blood is an 89-minute genre film, the fifth chapter in a nearly 40-year-old franchise starring a geriatric who just turned 73: Oh, this is dumb. It’s just a movie. A disposable throwaway.

Sorry, but that’s not how pop culture works. Movies matter, and Last Blood matters… Untold million will eventually see this, will see The Truth through the most powerful propaganda tool there is: a story — not a news story, not a cable TV segment — but a story-story told with sound and picture.

And Last Blood is a fantastic story, deceptively simple, beautifully structured, thoroughly engrossing, and ridiculously satisfying.

Better still it is a truth told in the most effective way there is, through wish-fulfillment. Rambo is finally doing something about an injustice. It feels good to see something being done, and dammit I want something done!

In the 70s, genre movies like Dirty Harry and Death Wish opened our eyes to a criminal justice system that forgot about the victims. On the political flip-side, movies like The China Syndrome and Silkwood opened our eyes to the dangers of nuclear power. And now, in 2019, Last Blood courageously seeks to open our eyes about the dangers of an open border.

And I say “courageous,” because in modern-day America it takes moral courage to tell a truth when the telling means you will be slandered as a racist — something that has already happened to Stallone.

But I would never tell anyone to see a movie because the politics are “correct,” just as I would never pan a movie for “incorrect” politics. A good movie is a good movie, and Last Blood is more than worth your time and money.

I’m going to see it. Can anything be as good as Cobra [emoji216]?Doubt it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new movie by Sylvester Stalone tackles the Mexican Drug cartels....so, he is being called a racist......but the truth is the truth...

It was such an awful film that the Studio didn't even show it to Critics.

The sad thing, although the first one (based on a book) was actually a pretty good movie discussing how we mistreated these vets, all the sequels were a lot of white male chest beating, as Rambo went back to Vietnam to rescue POW's who were never there, help the Taliban in Afghanistan, and whatever he was doing in Burma in the fourth one... I'm still not sure.

This one is kind of sad and pathetic.

Forum List

Back