Oppenheimer The Review

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts

Oppenheimer-2023-movie-poster.jpg

For anyone who wanted to watch the new movie about the invention of the nuclear bomb.....I would go ahead and watch this one.
If you want to see a leftist view of the origins of the nuclear arms-race.....then anything they put out that is remotely close to the truth is worth watching. I prefer "Fatman & Littleboy" for entertainment value, even though it's not exactly historically accurate either.

fat-man-and-little-boy-l.jpg

I expect this movie to be nominated for awards because it sort of reminded me of Oliver Stone's JFK, only less memorable. There appears to be as much realism and adherence to historical fact as Stone's work. It also could be compared to "There Will Be Blood" which I felt was a horrible movie about the fossil-fuel industry, only slightly more entertaining. With an all-star cast, I think most of them are hoping for best actor awards, and so-on, because of the subject matter contained in this film.

Even though he was a Democrat, the director took a few digs at President Truman, painting him as a mindless bigot who felt that the Japanese weren't exactly human-beings.

If your political leanings are to the left, you might like this move. If you're right of center, you may feel this one spends too much time dwelling on the chaos that might have been behind the scenes in the development of the atomic bomb. It spends too much time hashing out the bigotry that existed in government and not focusing on the actual development of such a weapon. The film went downhill when it goes to black & white after the Trinity test to show the Senate investigations of Oppenheimer and his possible ties to communists, as if they wanted to show the lack of appreciation America had for his contributions to the end of WWII and the defeat of the Japanese.

The big finish was of course the director's view of nukes.....and how they will become the end of planet Earth. Rows of silver missiles jetting into the sky leaving smoke trails and ending in the vaporization of the Earth's atmosphere.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

I suspect that communists wrote the script just to make America look like garbage.

Last edited:
The tragedy of the Bomb was that it was unnecessary. Japan was already defeated militarily. Conventional bombing and naval bombardment would have brought them to the deck of the Missouri with minimal risk to our military. The Bomb was dropped to satisfy our vengeance upon an enemy that we did consider less than human.

For anyone who wanted to watch the new movie about the invention of the nuclear bomb.....I would go ahead and watch this one.
If you want to see a leftist view of the origins of the nuclear arms-race.....then anything they put out that is remotely close to the truth is worth watching. I prefer "Fatman & Littleboy" for entertainment value, even though it's not exactly historically accurate either.

View attachment 866507

I expect this movie to be nominated for awards because it sort of reminded me of Oliver Stone's JFK, only less memorable. There appears to be as much realism and adherence to historical fact as Stone's work. It also could be compared to "There Will Be Blood" which I felt was a horrible movie about the fossil-fuel industry, only slightly more entertaining. With an all-star cast, I think most of them are hoping for best actor awards, and so-on, because of the subject matter contained in this film.

Even though he was a Democrat, the director took a few digs at President Truman, painting him as a mindless bigot who felt that the Japanese weren't exactly human-beings.

If your political leanings are to the left, you might like this move. If you're right of center, you may feel this one spends too much time dwelling on the chaos that might have been behind the scenes in the development of the atomic bomb. It spends too much time hashing out the bigotry that existed in government and not focusing on the actual development of such a weapon. The film went downhill when it goes to black & white after the Trinity test to show the Senate investigations of Oppenheimer and his possible ties to communists, as if they wanted to show the lack of appreciation America had for his contributions to the end of WWII and the defeat of the Japanese.

The big finish was of course the director's view of nukes.....and how they will become the end of planet Earth. Rows of silver missiles jetting into the sky leaving smoke trails and ending in the vaporization of the Earth's atmosphere.

The movie was visually impressive, far too long, and suffered from the same problem that all "period" films Hollywood puts out now suffer from: forcing the left's insane 21st century attitudes/politics onto characters who existed in a different time.

I saw the movie last Summer
Worth a watch, but too drawn out, too much melodrama

Much too long and I was waiting for it to end

Agree Fat Man and Little Boy was a better depiction

The tragedy of the Bomb was that it was unnecessary. Japan was already defeated militarily. Conventional bombing and naval bombardment would have brought them to the deck of the Missouri with minimal risk to our military. The Bomb was dropped to satisfy our vengeance upon an enemy that we did consider less than human.
Admiral Nimitz and General Eisenhower were in agreement that the Japanese would surrender in the fall and the bomb was unnecessary. It cost $2 billion to build the bomb and that`s $25 billion in today`s dollars. Perhaps Truman felt obligated to drop it on somebody so he chose a country that couldn`t retaliate.

Japan had Kaiten Suicide rocket planes going into enough of a last ditch production line that they could have taken down hundreds of B29 Bombers if given even a month more time .

it was dropped to save 300,000 to half a million US lives. The Japanese would have fought to the last man and those naval bombardments would not have eliminated their desire to fight. The bomb erased their desire. It was very necessary.

So why didn’t they surrender?

it was dropped to save 300,000 to half a million US lives. The Japanese would have fought to the last man and those naval bombardments would not have eliminated their desire to fight. The bomb erased their desire. It was very necessary.
They figured after Okinawa that 2 million America lives would have been lost and 3 times at amount on the Japanese side.
I'm sure in hindsight that the WEF would consider that a major success.

The movie was visually impressive, far too long, and suffered from the same problem that all "period" films Hollywood puts out now suffer from: forcing the left's insane 21st century attitudes/politics onto characters who existed in a different time.

Agree with this except that it was too long...I could watch Cillian Murphy all day.

Admiral Nimitz and General Eisenhower were in agreement that the Japanese would surrender in the fall and the bomb was unnecessary. It cost $2 billion to build the bomb and that`s $25 billion in today`s dollars. Perhaps Truman felt obligated to drop it on somebody so he chose a country that couldn`t retaliate.

Another massive shame for the DemoKKKrat party. And that was after FDR put Americans in concentration camps.

Oppenheimer, like most of the jewish scientists and their wives, that worked on the Manhattan Project to make an atomic bomb. Were ideological commies that loved the USSR and admired Stalin.
Many of these jewish scientists spied for the Soviets and gave them the secrets on how to build the atomic bomb.

Last edited:
That's hogwash. Japan had already attacked Pearl Harbor and the P.I.
They already proved they could have retaliated, and would have if given half a chance.

There was also the possibility that Nimitz would have fought against an all-out assault on the Japanese mainland because of the massive casualties that occurred on Okinawa.

The primary reason for dropping the bomb was to achieve a complete and total surrender, not a cease-fire. The Japanese government couldn't be trusted to stick to any agreements anyway unless forced to.

Not only was one bomb necessary, but it took two bombs to persuade the Japanese to stop killing Americans. That is how adamant the Japanese were about winning the war they started against us.
If you take pity on the loss of life, take pity on Alleta Sullivan.
She raised five strong, able boys that were her pride and joy. When the Navy Chaplin pulled up in front of her house, she asked which one was dead. His response was, "All of them." One was treading water when he was eaten by a shark. I don't know how she continued to exist with that image in her head.
Whatever it took to not have another American mother suffer the total destruction of her children at the hands of the Japanese, was well worth it. Well worth it...

View attachment 866507

I suspect that communists wrote the script just to make America look like garbage.
Good review.

I was planning on seeing it at the theater but got an inkling that it was Leftest garbage from the reviews. I'm glad I didn't go. I won't rent or buy it but will probably watch it once it it is free on one of my streaming services.

The atom bomb - the ultimate "fuck around and find out" response to the goddamn Japs being assholes.

Forum List

Back