Raise a Glass to the Slandered Entrepreneur

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Listening, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    Raise a Glass to the Slandered Entrepreneur | Politics & Media | SPLICETODAY.com

Someone recounts the efforts of their father:

I'll do it in pieces.

In any case, not only did my Dad “build” his business, he also had it taken away—by the government. At one point, either the county or state officials decided to widen Sunrise Highway, and so businesses along the strip were the victims of eminent domain and the property upon which the car wash was situated was condemned. He received scant compensation, and for some 18 months, while he searched for a replacement location, his income was vastly reduced. I don’t think this procedure was purposely malevolent on the government’s part—it happens all the time—but unlike Obama’s grand paean to the glory of the “unbelievable American system,” the fact was that my Dad got screwed. (A current example: three years ago, during the Eye of the Recession, Baltimore City reassessed the value of my house and—surprise—listed it at 35 percent more than the purchase price in ’03, a naked grab for higher property taxes.)

Obama has pissed off the small business guy.

Government is wonderful. You believe that....move to Denmark (Chris).

For most of us, we know what it really means.

Keep your roads.....we'll get them built ourselves.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,978
    [​IMG]

3. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,978
    [​IMG]

4. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,978
  5. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    From the article:

I didn’t vote for Obama, won’t this November, but have never bought into all the birther nonsense or absurd demonization of him by right-wing loonies. He’s always struck me as a thoughtful and pleasant man, if aloof, who, however mistakenly, in my opinion, tries his best to govern the country. But the “you didn’t build that” attack—and that’s what it is—on small business owners was the first time I felt a visceral dislike for the man.

From the Lakhota crap talking points:

Without all the infrastructure established with and supported by federal taxes, there would be much fewer worthwhile jobs for Americans. The very wealthy, many of whom are Tea Party backers, would find that their wealth and that of their children was fleeting because without government investment new economic growth will mostly happen overseas.

This is a letter to the editor.

It is amazing that there are people out there who don't have any more understanding of how business works than this and who have no respect for the disaster our government has become. No wonder they need their welfare checks.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  6. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,742
    Libs might say Barry Hussein's father got screwed too. After a dozen drunken accidents the commie alcoholic bigamist finally killed himself running into a tree.

7. tererun

tererun BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Obama did not make eminent domain, nor does the federal government use it. Yup, that is the state government that is responsible for deciding to improve roads and whop gets fucked by that policy.

I must note a number of people in my old town were quite happy with their checks for losing 10 feet of their front yards. It paid off their houses, improved their land value by improving the access to their houses. Their front yards were dug up for a while but afterwards were cleaned up better than they were before. They have sidewalks now to ride bikes and walk on.

Still, for some others it sucks. it still is not obama's fault, and without some sort of bill coming to him from congress ending eminent domain he pretty much can't do a thing.

Oh and you will quote Romney where he says eminent domain is a bad thing, or that he feels the need to restrict it by new federal regulations. I have never heard him go against it, so i would have to think he probably doesn't care, or even approves of it.

8. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,978
    Obviously you're too stupid to grasp the context of his message - or you're simply blinded by Obama hatred. Do you have Obama rabies?

9. tererun

tererun BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Not that it is hard, but way to hammer the fuck out of his argument in the first post.

10. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,525
    That has to be one of the stupidest posts ever on this board:eusa_clap: