Racist glorified by Fox, Cliven Bundy, says more sick racist stuff

I don't think I ever have. Do you not consider me I left winger? I do.

:lol:

Pipe down, you moron. Where did I say all liberals everywhere? But thanks for pointing out for Closed Caption that in fact, my statements were not pigeon holing.

No, he's a racist because he considers slavery to have been some sort of favor to black people. duh. Can't get more bigoted than that.

You need to get caught up, because that's not what this discussion is about.

Left wingers constantly compare poverty conditions of Americans to slavery. But when a conservative does it, it's suddenly racist?

Interesting comment ^^^. The far left generally does describe poverty in America as a form of economic slavery and exploitation, the far right generally defaults to a lack of ambition, lazyness and the cure for someone locked in poverty is for them to exercise personal responsibility.

Slavery is not a trifle, it is a horrific condition; it is the antithesis of liberty and freedom - a conservative and a progressive would readily agree.

Finger pointing is a waste of time.

Whoa! You went for it all this time. Not only did you dodge with the old classic begging the question "Do you really think...." techniques

:lol:

Dear small, uneducated, mindless drone. "Question begging" is a logical fallacy that uses a conclusion as its own supporting premise. If you are going to invoke concepts, make sure you're using them correctly.

but then when asked for links you did the ultimate classic. Link to anything as proof.

That you, apparently, are so unawares is not my problem. Comparisons by liberals of poverty to slavery are all over this board. It's so common that you being unaware is unjustifiably ridiculous. It's not a matter of proof, it's a matter of you feigning ignorance. Or maybe actually being sincerely ignorant. Hard to tell. In either case, a wise man is under no obligation to educate the ignorant, especially the willfully ignorant.

Here, because it was so easy to scrounge up a few examples, I'll point you in the right direction. We'll chalk it up as my charitable deed for the day.

Imagine what the United States economy would be like TODAY IF... we had IGNORED THE LEFT US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Cheap Labor Conservatives Throughout US History US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Upstate New York Is Becoming Detroit With Grass Thanks to Years of Democratic Rule Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

Democrats who support minimum wage don t support it for themselves.... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Bill Gates Raising The Minimum Wage Destroys Jobs Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Building the Border Fence - A Public Private Partnership Page 7 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Environment is Cleaner Than it s Been in More Than 100 Years Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Walker cuts 300 million from university budget then gives 200 million to the NBA Page 22 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Nice Going Barack Obama 47 Major Retailers Announce Closing of 6 000 Stores Across the Country Page 7 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Silly strawman beater thinks any link to anything will prove his strawman aint real

A straw man is an argument that refutes an assertion that was never made. Nothing I have said has been a straw man because 1) All propositions I have addressed are real arguments that have been made, 2) I have not offered any refutations of any arguments, I have merely pointed out that comparing poverty to slavery has been done before and was not considered racist.

Again, if you are going to invoke ideas, you need to make sure you are using them correctly.

Cliven Bundy Is Still At It There s A Sense Of Slavery For Blacks On Welfare

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy said in a recent interview with The Guardian that there is a "sense of slavery" in the welfare system, echoing comments he made last year about blacks being "better off as slaves" than on government assistance.

"They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton," Bundy said of "the Negro" in April 2014. "And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?"

Those comments led the Fox News talking heads and Republican congressional heavyweights who'd supported Bundy in his campaign against the federal Bureau of Land Management to abandon him en masse. But in an article published Monday, the rancher told The Guardian that those comments were a "mistake."

Then he then posed virtually the same question about government assistance as modern-day slavery.

FYI - We're all slaves of the government, every single one of us, regardless of race. To the government, we're nothing more than votes and taxes, that's it, period. The government owns everything, and we're mere stewards of what we're in procession of. Everything we have is taxed to the max. Miss paying your property taxes and the government will auction off your house. Miss renewing your tags on your vehicle, and the government will make you park it. Miss paying income taxes each April 15th and risk going to jail. We're all slaves of the government, whether we're receiving government assistance or not. The racial issues in America are nothing more than fuel to keep the fires of government oppression alive and burning.

So, you have nothing? No freedom? That house you CHOSE to buy isn't freedom? That car you CHOSE to buy and drive around isn't freedom? That job you CHOSE to work and get money for isn't freedom? Are you so selfish that you want everything this country has to offer without contributing to it?

Very silly and pathetic, to say the least. Pleeeeease !!!!

My house is NOT freedom, in any sense of the word. It's a place to live. It's a roof over my head. My truck is NOT freedom, it's merely transportation when I need to go somewhere, period. I don't have a job, I'm retired. The money I have is NOT freedom, it's a means of exchange for the things I need. I'm the least selfish person in this world. I give away a lot more than I keep for myself. I contribute a lot to this country. I pay my taxes, I served in the U.S.M.C ( 1967 - 1970 ), and I stay out of trouble.

My house is only mine as long as I pay my property taxes. I can drive my truck as long as I renew the tag each year. The jobs that I've had made money for me and for Uncle Sam, and the states that I worked in. The government got their money from my checks before I got mine. We are mere stewards of everything we have. We are taxed on everything. Our estate is taxed when we die. We pay taxes when we shop and buy things. We pay school taxes whether we have children or not. To the government, we are nothing more than a source of money ( taxes ) and votes, period.

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy said in a recent interview with The Guardian that there is a "sense of slavery" in the welfare system, echoing comments he made last year about blacks being "better off as slaves" than on government assistance.

"They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton," Bundy said of "the Negro" in April 2014. "And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?"

Those comments led the Fox News talking heads and Republican congressional heavyweights who'd supported Bundy in his campaign against the federal Bureau of Land Management to abandon him en masse. But in an article published Monday, the rancher told The Guardian that those comments were a "mistake."

Then he then posed virtually the same question about government assistance as modern-day slavery.

FYI - We're all slaves of the government, every single one of us, regardless of race. To the government, we're nothing more than votes and taxes, that's it, period. The government owns everything, and we're mere stewards of what we're in procession of. Everything we have is taxed to the max. Miss paying your property taxes and the government will auction off your house. Miss renewing your tags on your vehicle, and the government will make you park it. Miss paying income taxes each April 15th and risk going to jail. We're all slaves of the government, whether we're receiving government assistance or not. The racial issues in America are nothing more than fuel to keep the fires of government oppression alive and burning.

So, you have nothing? No freedom? That house you CHOSE to buy isn't freedom? That car you CHOSE to buy and drive around isn't freedom? That job you CHOSE to work and get money for isn't freedom? Are you so selfish that you want everything this country has to offer without contributing to it?

My house is NOT freedom, in any sense of the word. It's a place to live. It's a roof over my head. My truck is NOT freedom, it's merely transportation when I need to go somewhere, period. I don't have a job, I'm retired. The money I have is NOT freedom, it's a means of exchange for the things I need. I'm the least selfish person in this world. I give away a lot more than I keep for myself. I contribute a lot to this country. I pay my taxes, I served in the U.S.M.C ( 1967 - 1970 ), and I stay out of trouble.

My house is only mine as long as I pay my property taxes. I can drive my truck as long as I renew the tag each year. The jobs that I've had made money for me and for Uncle Sam, and the states that I worked in. The government got their money from my checks before I got mine. We are mere stewards of everything we have. We are taxed on everything. Our estate is taxed when we die. We pay taxes when we shop and buy things. We pay school taxes whether we have children or not. To the government, we are nothing more than a source of money ( taxes ) and votes, period.

Careful, you're treading on a slippery slope. Your reply would suggest that freedom does not exist unless one is free of all obligations whatsoever. Inasmuch as the choices to buy (or not buy) any house you chose, any truck you wanted, work any job you wanted, and save (or not save) your money as you saw fit, is your freedom. We all have to pay taxes. That does not mean your house is not yours. It's still your house. If you incur a tax debt, there are legal avenues that might result in your house being seized to pay off that debt. That does not change the fact that your house is yours. Freedom =/= anarchy.

Careful, you're treading on a slippery slope. Your reply would suggest that freedom does not exist unless one is free of all obligations whatsoever. Inasmuch as the choices to buy (or not buy) any house you chose, any truck you wanted, work any job you wanted, and save (or not save) your money as you saw fit, is your freedom. We all have to pay taxes. That does not mean your house is not yours. It's still your house. If you incur a tax debt, there are legal avenues that might result in your house being seized to pay off that debt. That does not change the fact that your house is yours. Freedom =/= anarchy.

All of that has absolutely NOTHING to do with FREEDOM. A prisoner has belongings, but is he free? Possessions do NOT make one free. One can own the world and not be free. Freedom has nothing to do with houses, vehicles, bank accounts, and fine cloths.

Exactly what slippery slope are you talking about?

Forum List

Back