Bill Gates: Raising The Minimum Wage Destroys Jobs

Why do Republicans always "pounce" on such nonsense? They truly believe "prosperity through lower wages".

One Per Cent: Foxconn aims for a million robot workers by 2014

Humans will never complete doing the exact same jobs as robots. Workers at Foxconn make $172 a month and yet they are being replaced with robots.

Worse, with more making minimum wage, the tax payers have to pay to take up the slack.

52 percent of American fast food workers rely on some form of public aid, leaving taxpayers with a nearly $7 billion tab each year

Do you truly believe in "trickle up poverty"? Because that's exactly what you are advocating 24x7.

If a business has $100 per year for payroll, would you rather see them hire one person at $100 per year, or 20 people at $5 per year?

This is not rocket science folks. The wealthy are not going to eat the cost of government regulation (no matter how much you wish they would). So it's either raise prices (not likely in a bad economy and facing stiff competition) or cut back on employees.

And the Dumbocrats wonder why Obama's presidency has been plagued by +8% unemployment? :eusa_doh:

By your logic, then, unemployment would have gone down in the years when the Minimum Wage was static, because inflation would reduce it's real value.

Guess what. It doesn't.

If businesses can't pay the prevailing wage, they shouldn't be in business.

Why do Republicans always "pounce" on such nonsense? They truly believe "prosperity through lower wages".

Humans will never complete doing the exact same jobs as robots. Workers at Foxconn make $172 a month and yet they are being replaced with robots.

Worse, with more making minimum wage, the tax payers have to pay to take up the slack.

52 percent of American fast food workers rely on some form of public aid, leaving taxpayers with a nearly $7 billion tab each year

Do you truly believe in "trickle up poverty"? Because that's exactly what you are advocating 24x7.

If a business has $100 per year for payroll, would you rather see them hire one person at $100 per year, or 20 people at $5 per year?

This is not rocket science folks. The wealthy are not going to eat the cost of government regulation (no matter how much you wish they would). So it's either raise prices (not likely in a bad economy and facing stiff competition) or cut back on employees.

And the Dumbocrats wonder why Obama's presidency has been plagued by +8% unemployment? :eusa_doh:

The reason the economy has not picked up significantly is because people are not spending money. We are losing 10,000 people per day to retirement. These people who have just retired or are close to retiring, say withing ten years of retirement, they have stopped spending like they used to. Someone has to make up for that lost spending, and that is younger people who can't seem to find decent paying jobs, so we have more people stuck in low paying jobs and most of them are the ones we need spending as much as possible.

There is no trickle down. The economy grows from the bottom up as demand increases, more jobs are created, people make more money and spend more and everyone does well. Wages across the board need to increase. Over the past thirty to forty years, worker productivity has increased by about 75%, yet those workers have not seen a real increase in pay. But guess what? Those at the top have seen their real incomes triple in that same time. Problem is that those at the top just don't spend that much, definitely not enough to get the economy moving again.

Shhhh.... don't tell Poodle that. Poodle thinks that economies are totally the gift the wealthy give the rest of us.

So 11% of our minimum wage earners are employed in fast food that live in poverty, that is lower than I thought...

Here you have a Liberal telling Liberals that it does not work and that it is much more complex...

Then you have deany, oh well...

Fast food jobs were never intended to be 'life' supporting.

-Geaux

So 11% of our minimum wage earners are employed in fast food that live in poverty, that is lower than I thought...

Here you have a Liberal telling Liberals that it does not work and that it is much more complex...

-Geaux

In reality some people are only capable of fast food or retail jobs. These people also have families to support.

What was intended and what is occurring is two very different things.

-Geaux

Thanks to Reaganomics they have to be...

Don't we have trickle down poverty now with wages a worker can't support his family on?

-Geaux

In reality some people are only capable of fast food or retail jobs. These people also have families to support.

What was intended and what is occurring is two very different things.

I agree in part.. however, the education level relative to job opportunities, hasn't changed. What has changed is as you state, there are families living beyond their means.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Why shouldn't they be?

Here's the thing, back in the 1970's, even with a minimum wage job, you could still do okay.

minimum-wage-inflation-large.png

Also, this is where i think you wingnuts tend to be incredibly stupid.

You all think government dependence is a terrible idea. Okay, I agree, it's a horrible idea.

But where do you think a guy working for McDonalds is going to get food to put on his table and medical coverage if he doesn't get it from his job?

Oh, that's right. The government.

-Geaux

Why shouldn't they be?

Here's the thing, back in the 1970's, even with a minimum wage job, you could still do okay.

You all think government dependence is a terrible idea. Okay, I agree, it's a horrible idea.

But where do you think a guy working for McDonalds is going to get food to put on his table and medical coverage if he doesn't get it from his job?

Sounds like these people may need to work 2 to 3 minimum wage jobs.

-Geaux

And why should they do that when they can just vote for a government program.

You see, again, this is where you guys tend to be incredibly stupid. You say you don't want more government dependency, but then you create more government dependency.

If you pay a burger flipper $20 per hour, what is his incentive to become anything more than a burger flipper?
HSBC confessed to laundering billions of dollars for terrorist groups and drug cartels who were actively working to kill Americans in Bush's ridiculous torture war. They paid a fine equal to roughly 2-months' revenue for the company.

This is where we heard the term "too big to prosecute", meaning that if Wall Street financial criminals make so much blood money by funding terrorists, they won't ever have to face criminal charges for funding terrorism. All they have to do is pay a meager fine, not admit any wrongdoing, and go right back to work. Because to prosecute them for crimes that they confessed to would have dissolved one of Europe's largest banks and destroyed the global economy that the 1% have designed for themselves.

If a corporation makes $12b/yr even after confessing to laundering money for terrorists, and they don't have to face justice for their crimes against humanity, then what is their incentive to ever become anything more than super-rich white-collar war criminals?

Last edited:

-Geaux

Why shouldn't they be?

-Geaux

That is the typical response from conservatives....Find more jobs

We are not talking about one low wage employee going out to find another job. We are talking about 20-30 million employees who would need another job to support themselves

If you pay a burger flipper $20 per hour, what is his incentive to become anything more than a burger flipper?

The incentive is there now and it is still the only job that many can get

Why shouldn't they be?

-Geaux

We are not talking about one low wage employee going out to find another job. We are talking about 20-30 million employees who would need another job to support themselves

Indeed- The competition for higher pay is tighter which should be a motivating factor to increase my position (value) within the workforce pool

-Geaux

I'm pretty ok with what I make knowing that it's my first job and I've been there for one and a half years, but I /hate/ the amount of hours.

We need to focus on making more full time jobs, first.

Does anyone else find it ironic that a person who utilizes a doctored photograph of George Zimmerman as his avatar is crying about "pouncing"? :eusa_whistle:

I love it when right wingers, right before my eyes turn into an ignorant and lying sack of shit.

sidebyside.jpg

Zimmerman a whole hour after being beaten from dozens of terrible blows to the face. And it only caused a little blood and a couple of scratches.

Get this. It turns out it was the bloody photo that was "doctored".

About that photo of George Zimmerman?s bloody and "broken" nose.

zimmerman-3.jpg

See? This is what someone who has had their face beaten looks like:

6A1BF2C1-B925-5DA1-14BE70BCA95D273F.jpg

Not this.

George+Zimmerman+had+black+eyes.jpg

This is what someone who got tagged a single time to the face, who fell down and hit their head looks like.

You gotta wonder if any of these "soft as sponge cake" right wingers have ever been in a real fight. No wonder they hide behind guns. Only a pussy imagines a couple of scratches are "serious injuries".
Poor, demented, wiener dog ... he can't get anything right. :lmao:

-Geaux

Indeed- The competition for higher pay is tighter which should be a motivating factor to increase my position (value) within the workforce pool

-Geaux

The problem is not with an individual, but the pool itself

Forum List

Back