Walker cuts $300 million from university budget then gives $200 million to the NBA

well good for you flash.....if you knew that Toyota donated a ton of money to the democratic party would you still do business with Toyota?....

All businesses contribute to candidates they think will win because they are buying access to the office. That is part of this filthy corrupt American political system. Even the somewhat conservative company I worked at for 30 years occasionally contributed to Democrats in order to buy access to their office.

While despicable as it is that is it is somewhat different that tens of thousands greedy union workers giving massive amounts of money to turdbrain Democrats in order to get massive amounts of taxpayer's money given to them.

Even if the union donations weren't a factor the UAW make crummy vehicles. That is why GM and Chrysler were on the verge of bankruptcy and Ford wasn't far behind.
so its ok for the company to seek favor with a candidate and buy the guy but not the Union....got ya....

While despicable as it is that is it is somewhat different that tens of thousands greedy union workers giving massive amounts of money to turdbrain Democrats in order to get massive amounts of taxpayer's money given to them
like i said,you see nothing wrong with a company doing this....but a union is different....
Even if the union donations weren't a factor the UAW make crummy vehicles
but yet my crummy vehicles had no problems and like i said....i knew guys who had problems with Japanese cars.....:dunno:

Buying politicians is despicable. That is one of the main reasons that our Republic doesn't work anymore. The unions are the most despicable shitheads in the country. They have set the bar on the corruption.
so how is a company any different than a union?.....they are both buying the politician....this is why i am against big money in politics....it does not matter if its a corporation a small business a union or just a rich person....they are all making the person they are contributing too beholding to them....

Scott Walker wants to cut college budgets by 13 and spend 500 million for an NBA arena PolitiFact Wisconsin

But there is no dispute that the $300 million reduction for universities is what Walker has proposed.

The arena

Money for a new basketball arena is more complicated.

The owners of the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks are trying to assemble private and public financing to build a new arena. The total cost is projected at about $500 million.

That is not the amount Walker is proposing to spend.

Like the university cuts, Walker announced his arena proposal before making his official budget presentation. He offered $220 million in state bonding -- essentially a form of borrowing -- toward the cost of the arena. Debt payments on the bonds would be repaid from growth in the so-called "jock tax" -- income tax revenue from Milwaukee Bucks players, employees and visiting teams.

The rest of the $500 millionwould come from the Bucks’ current owners, the team’s former owner -- retired U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl -- and possibly from the City of Milwaukee and Milwaukee County.

Normally, the growth in jock tax revenue would go to the state’s general fund to help pay for things such as schools, roads and other public services.

But the Bucks could leave town in 2017 if a new arena is not in place by the fall of 2017. That is a deadline set by the NBA, which could buy the team back from its owners.

In other words, without a new Milwaukee arena, there might not be any jock tax revenue.

So, Walker is proposing a diversion of $220 million from the state's general fund to the arena.

(A footnote: Although the headline on the Think Progress article said Walker would spend $500 million on the arena, the article itself did make a reference to his plan for $200 million in bonds.)

Our rating

A slew of tweetsclaimed: "Scott Walker to cut $300 million from universities, spend $500 million on a pro basketball stadium."

Walker's 2015-'17 state budget does propose cutting $300 million from the University of Wisconsin System over the two-year period.

The governor also proposes, in the form of bonds, a state contribution for a new Milwaukee arena. But it wouldn't be $500 million -- the total cost of the arena -- but rather $220 million.

For a statement that is partially accurate, our rating is Half True.
In short - the entire premise of the OP is a bald faced lie.

Not really surprised.

Hmm who should we give the money to. A bunch of Milennials seeking Liberal Arts degrees or anyone else who might contribute to the tax base lol.

I find it hard to believe that anyone can be as short sighted as to post what you did above.

Do you know that people who have a college degree are more likely to be tax payers than a sponge off our society? Did you know that people who go to college pay more in taxes than those who don't?

So you advocate a stupid population that has little to no education that can only earn the minimum wage because they aren't qualified for anything else?

Do you realize that those who make only the minimum wage qualify for a long list of public support paid by tax payers?

Keep in mind, the low or middle income person who went to college will end up being the doctor who saves your life when you or someone you love has a life threatening disease. Or will end up being the researcher who discovers the cure for cancer or parkinsons or any of a long list of diseases you or someone you love may contract and die from. They could be the person who finds a cure and or vaccine for ebola that you republicans are so afraid of.

Did your parents ever teach you that you must work before you play? It seems you're advocating that public money be spent on play games of basketball before the work of education is done.

How is an uneducated population that doesn't earn enough money to support themselves going to have the money to buy a ticket to a basketball game? If there's not enough people who have the money to buy those tickets that stadium will end up empty and costing the population hundreds of millions instead of generating revenue.

If you want a population that's nothing but a sponge off the government then you're views will accomplish that very well.

However if you want a population with people who are paying taxes then you will want a properly educated population.
You are an idiot.

[

so how is a company any different than a union?.....they are both buying the politician....this is why i am against big money in politics....it does not matter if its a corporation a small business a union or just a rich person....they are all making the person they are contributing too beholding to them....

You have to make that decision yourself.

What is worse a company having to pay a shithead politician on the Armed Services Committee (like Ted Kennedy) a fat donation in order to get access to his office so they can talk to him or the unions in the US spending more than a billion dollars to buy a President that takes tens of billions of dollars of taxpayer's money and gives to the unions?

If you are like me and don't like that kind of corruption then you will join me in supporting the idea that the government should never be allowed to take money from one entity and give it to another. No welfare, subsidies, entitlements or bailouts. Then there would be much less corruption, wouldn't there?

The difference between you and me is that I want stop it all. You only want to stop conservatives while allowing liberal special interest groups like the unions. That pretty well makes you a hypocrite.

Political Spending by Unions Far Exceeds Direct Donations - WSJ

Political Spending by Unions Far Exceeds Direct Donations

The usual measure of unions' clout encompasses chiefly what they spend supporting federal candidates through their political-action committees, which are funded with voluntary contributions, and lobbying Washington, which is a cost borne by the unions' own coffers. These kinds of spending, which unions report to the Federal Election Commission and to Congress, totaled $1.1 billion from 2005 through 2011, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.

The unions' reports to the Labor Department capture an additional $3.3 billion that unions spent over the same period on political activity.

Last edited:
[

What is worse a company having to pay a shithead politician on the Armed Services Committee (like Ted Kennedy) a fat donation in order to get access to his office so they can talk to him or the unions in the US spending more than a billion dollars to buy a President that takes tens of billions of dollars of taxpayer's money and gives to the unions?

If you are like me and don't like that kind of corruption then you will join me in supporting the idea that the government should never be allowed to take money from one entity and give it to another. No welfare, subsidies, entitlements or bailouts. Then there would be much less corruption, wouldn't there?

The difference between you and me is that I want stop it all. You only want to stop conservatives while allowing liberal special interest groups like the unions. That pretty well makes you a hypocrite.

The usual measure of unions' clout encompasses chiefly what they spend supporting federal candidates through their political-action committees, which are funded with voluntary contributions, and lobbying Washington, which is a cost borne by the unions' own coffers. These kinds of spending, which unions report to the Federal Election Commission and to Congress, totaled $1.1 billion from 2005 through 2011, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.

The unions' reports to the Labor Department capture an additional $3.3 billion that unions spent over the same period on political activity.
well said!!

On top of the cuts and corporate giveaway, he plans on borrowing around a billion dollars for transportation, and guest who will get the tab for that? All this to save $5 per $100,000 of home value. So I get $10 back.... at the cost of lowering education in a university that is the pride of the state. I had two kids go though it and they both are doing very well, thanks to the education system here. $10. Pure sham.

On top of the cuts and corporate giveaway, he plans on borrowing around a billion dollars for transportation, and guest who will get the tab for that? All this to save $5 per $100,000 of home value. So I get $10 back.... at the cost of lowering education in a university that is the pride of the state. I had two kids go though it and they both are doing very well, thanks to the education system here. $10. Pure sham.
Can someone translate this to English?

Hmm who should we give the money to. A bunch of Milennials seeking Liberal Arts degrees or anyone else who might contribute to the tax base lol.

I find it hard to believe that anyone can be as short sighted as to post what you did above.

Do you know that people who have a college degree are more likely to be tax payers than a sponge off our society? Did you know that people who go to college pay more in taxes than those who don't?

So you advocate a stupid population that has little to no education that can only earn the minimum wage because they aren't qualified for anything else?

Do you realize that those who make only the minimum wage qualify for a long list of public support paid by tax payers?

Keep in mind, the low or middle income person who went to college will end up being the doctor who saves your life when you or someone you love has a life threatening disease. Or will end up being the researcher who discovers the cure for cancer or parkinsons or any of a long list of diseases you or someone you love may contract and die from. They could be the person who finds a cure and or vaccine for ebola that you republicans are so afraid of.

Did your parents ever teach you that you must work before you play? It seems you're advocating that public money be spent on play games of basketball before the work of education is done.

How is an uneducated population that doesn't earn enough money to support themselves going to have the money to buy a ticket to a basketball game? If there's not enough people who have the money to buy those tickets that stadium will end up empty and costing the population hundreds of millions instead of generating revenue.

If you want a population that's nothing but a sponge off the government then you're views will accomplish that very well.

However if you want a population with people who are paying taxes then you will want a properly educated population.
You are an idiot.

Actually no I'm not.

You come across to me as one of those people who didn't go to college or do very well when you were in school. Your posts lack critical thinking skills and logic. Your posts are simplistic and not thought out to a logical conclusion.

Which probably is why you typed the post I replied to. And why you resorted to the lame post above.

It's an idiot who takes 300 million dollars from education and gives two thirds of it to rich basketball team owners. No responsible person does this.

The outcome will harm the state and people in the state. Those who are mature adults will leave that state for a state that is responsible to all of it's citizens. Not just those who will hand money over to a politician so that politician will line the pockets they're pockets. Those who value a good education will leave that state for a state that does know that it takes a well educated population for the state to succeed.

If you want to know what the end result of walker's actions will be look no farther than the state of Mississippi.

It will discourage business from establishing in that state since the state won't have properly educated people to fill those jobs. Businesses that are already in the state will leave to go to a state that does have properly educated people to fill those jobs which will do more harm to that state they left.

I understand why you're so short sighted. You lack any maturity and intelligence to see the logical conclusions of walker's actions.

Don't bother to reply to this. I won't read it. Your posts are just to simplistic and lack any intelligence for me to waste my time with you.

Have a nice day.

[

so how is a company any different than a union?.....they are both buying the politician..

oh is that what i want to do?....show me were i said that?....because i can show you were i said......"this is why i am against big money in politics....it does not matter if its a corporation a small business a union or just a rich person....they are all making the person they are contributing too beholding to them"....learn to read Flash.....

well good for you flash.....if you knew that Toyota donated a ton of money to the democratic party would you still do business with Toyota?....

All businesses contribute to candidates they think will win because they are buying access to the office. That is part of this filthy corrupt American political system. Even the somewhat conservative company I worked at for 30 years occasionally contributed to Democrats in order to buy access to their office.

While despicable as it is that is it is somewhat different that tens of thousands greedy union workers giving massive amounts of money to turdbrain Democrats in order to get massive amounts of taxpayer's money given to them.

Even if the union donations weren't a factor the UAW make crummy vehicles. That is why GM and Chrysler were on the verge of bankruptcy and Ford wasn't far behind.
so its ok for the company to seek favor with a candidate and buy the guy but not the Union....got ya....

While despicable as it is that is it is somewhat different that tens of thousands greedy union workers giving massive amounts of money to turdbrain Democrats in order to get massive amounts of taxpayer's money given to them
like i said,you see nothing wrong with a company doing this....but a union is different....
Even if the union donations weren't a factor the UAW make crummy vehicles
but yet my crummy vehicles had no problems and like i said....i knew guys who had problems with Japanese cars.....:dunno:

Buying politicians is despicable. That is one of the main reasons that our Republic doesn't work anymore. The unions are the most despicable shitheads in the country. They have set the bar on the corruption.

The big difference is that the unions are tax exempt corporations.

Or did you not realize that unions do not pay taxes?

Even the for profit NFL is tax exempt.

"Can someone translate this to English?"

OK...Here it is for slow learners...IF one further studies the budget proposals he has added.

1). 15 million dollar cut in elderly care
2). Taking out a loan to borrow approx. one billion dollar loan for transportation costs.
3). 220 million payout to Milwaukee bucks for stadium
4). All this... for a "TAX CUT" of $5 per 100,000 dollars of home value..almost a happy meal. But I get $10 back...

I don't think this budget makes it without many changes..even some of his fellow GOP senators in this state are speaking out against it.

Shows where his priorities are

Scott Walker Takes A National Risk With State Education Cuts - NBC News

His proposed $300 million cut to the University of Wisconsin system, however, could be more problematic for Walker. At home, it's highly controversial, receiving aggressive opposition from the students of the 26 two- and four-year universities and their 39,000 employees. Nationally, it is sure to be scrutinized and quite probably turned into an aggressive line of attack against the governor

In the same budget proposal, Walker nearly cancels out his university cuts with a $220 million grant to build a new NBA stadium for the Milwaukee Bucks, another component receiving initial opposition in the state even though Walker pledges that the state will make its money back.
Deace said Walker is handing free red meat over to the Democrats.
"If I'm a Democrat, my first commercial is Walker cuts $300 million to education but gives $200 million to the NBA," Deace said. "I don't understand who tells these guys that's a winning message."

It does make it easier for the right to appeal to ignorance of the law.

"Can someone translate this to English?"

OK...Here it is for slow learners...IF one further studies the budget proposals he has added.

1). 15 million dollar cut in elderly care
2). Taking out a loan to borrow approx. one billion dollar loan for transportation costs.
3). 220 million payout to Milwaukee bucks for stadium
4). All this... for a "TAX CUT" of $5 per 100,000 dollars of home value..almost a happy meal. But I get $10 back...

I don't think this budget makes it without many changes..even some of his fellow GOP senators in this state are speaking out against it.

You're replying to a person who doesn't know the full situation and doesn't think things through to their logical conclusion.

I understood your first post very well. The middle class and poor get garbage and the rich get most of the money.

walker thinks the people of Wisconsin are too stupid to understand that 5 dollars per 100 thousand means maybe 5 or 10 dollars back in their pockets while budgets for schools and social services are slashed to the bone making it nearly impossible for the poor or middle income citizens to go to college. But they get 10 dollars back in their pockets! Wow you all can now afford to pay 4 years of college with that 10 dollars a year extra!

What is that cut going to do? It won't help any poor or middle income person. It will harm the state by depriving it of the revenues it needs to be properly run. Further putting the state in the red hole. Which will do more harm to the sate.

I think you underestimate Walker at your own peril.

The man knows which fights to pick. The thing is, no one is going to feel terribly bad for a university system that charges kids $42,000 for a college degree and STILL Demands 2 billion in subsidies from the state.

Why cut funding that helps create a more educated workforce? Perhaps to have a lower educated workforce so there is low wage workers slave away for the corporations? Makes zero sense. The UW is the pride of the state.

Forum List

Back