Rachel Madow interviews Barack Obama

I'm fishing for some honestly from liberals. It's like using a dry hook in a well though. :lol:

Well I think obviously, like another poster said: If it quacks like a duck and flaps like a duck........

I don't expect you to be intellectually honest but at least you can have an appreciation for femininity. :eusa_hand:

So a woman who doesn't fit your particular picture of femininity isn't feminine and someone who thinks she looks great doesn't appreciate femininity? What is it you're getting at? What is it that we liberals aren't being honest about. She has short hair. So what?

Are you suggesting that lesbians look different than normal gals? That would presuppose a genetic circumstance, wouldn't it? The evidence does not support that conclusion.

The Christian Science Monitor reported, reluctantly, that scientists have determined that there are three correlative factors for homosexuality: 1) strangely, that the mother contracted the flu during pregnancy, 2) that strict gender roles weren't instilled on the child during the first formative years, and 3) a genetic predisposition. I would include the link, but I read the article in the physical publication and not online and can't find the online article to include the link. However, you might be more familiar with online search queries and can find it if you took the time or could be bothered with researching the basis of your opinions.

$lesbianism.jpg

The Christian Science Monitor reported, reluctantly, that scientists have determined that there are three correlative factors for homosexuality: 1) strangely, that the mother contracted the flu during pregnancy, 2) that strict gender roles weren't instilled on the child during the first formative years, and 3) a genetic predisposition. I would include the link, but I read the article in the physical publication and not online and can't find the online article to include the link. However, you might be more familiar with online search queries and can find it if you took the time or could be bothered with researching the basis of your opinions.
Wow if I had ever quoted the CSM without a link any liberal would have dismissed it instantly.

Scientists for years have tried to prove #3 and have gotten nowhere. Interesting about #1, as I haven't heard that before. That would mean homosexuality is some kind of physical disease.

#2 makes the most sense so I'll go with that. Sort of destroys the whole argument for adoption by homosexual couples though, don't it?

So a woman who doesn't fit your particular picture of femininity isn't feminine and someone who thinks she looks great doesn't appreciate femininity? What is it you're getting at? What is it that we liberals aren't being honest about. She has short hair. So what?

So you think that she looks feminine? Again I'm asking for intellectual honesty from a liberal. Any liberal.

Are you suggesting that lesbians look different than normal gals? That would presuppose a genetic circumstance, wouldn't it? The evidence does not support that conclusion.

No dipshit. Many choose not to follow the trends, but there are fashions that exist mostly within cliques of people. Many lesbians follow the trend of dressing a bit more masculine. Many gay men wear their hair short, shave and wear tight shirts to show their well-trained bodies. Many of my friends in Texas wear boots and cowboy hats even though they work in an office. These are fashions that exist within certain circles of friends and broader groups. I met with a group of investment bankers in Portland, Or. and felt like an idiot for wearing a tie because the bankers were wearing Birkenstocks. Genetics? What are you talking about?

Wow if I had ever quoted the CSM without a link any liberal would have dismissed it instantly.

Scientists for years have tried to prove #3 and have gotten nowhere. Interesting about #1, as I haven't heard that before. That would mean homosexuality is some kind of physical disease.

#2 makes the most sense so I'll go with that. Sort of destroys the whole argument for adoption by homosexual couples though, don't it?

I explained why I don't have a link to a conservative publication and what I wrote was that scientists have discovered 3 correlative factors that are associated with homosexuality, not that homosexuality was genetic but that it is associated with a genetic predisposition. And if a woman gets the flu while pregnant and her child turns out to be homosexual, how is that a physical disease? And there is no evidence that children raised by homosexuals will be any more likely to be homosexual than any other child. What there is evidence of, however, is that children raised by backwards, bible-thumping, hate-filled, red-necked, racist, homophibic, sexist, superstitious, ignorant, white-bread, greedy, selfish, mistrusting, mentally debilitated morons are more likely to grow up to be backwards, bible-thumping, hate-filled, red-necked, racist, homophibic, sexist, superstitious, ignorant, white-bread, greedy, selfish, mistrusting, mentally debilitated morons. Which is why liberals have always supported education. To cure people of ignorance. That's a real disease.

So you think that she looks feminine? Again I'm asking for intellectual honesty from a liberal. Any liberal.

No, in my opinion, which was formed by the society in which I was raised and is a result of its influences, I don't think she looks feminine. What I do think is that she's pretty, smart, and someone whose opinion and work I can respect and even admire. And who gives a shit if she looks feminine or not. To some people I'm sure she looks feminine (especially compared with whatever lumbering, hulk-beast you call darlin') and the idea of femininity and masculinity are entirely opinions and change from person to person. I'm a straight male and I like women's hair, especially if its long, and I find slender necks and rounded features more attractive and I associate those features with women, thereby making them feminine to me. There's some liberal intellectual honesty for you. What's you point?

or this one?

url

eh, lohan is ok, doesn't do it for me.

Listen, I'm not against lesbianism, I encourage it in many instances.

However I don't encourage it when the girls look like the guy I used to play football with in highschool.

ie. Rachel Maddow

there are plenty of good lookin lesbians out there

eh, lohan is ok, doesn't do it for me.

Listen, I'm not against lesbianism, I encourage it in many instances.

However I don't encourage it when the girls look like the guy I used to play football with in highschool.

ie. Rachel Maddow

there are plenty of good lookin lesbians out there

which is why you chose two of the most masculine ones?

THAT was my point.

Forum List

Back