Rachel Maddow Rocked Meet the Press

how the mighty have fallen.

She's Hannity of the Left. And I've watched more of her than Hannity. She, and Hannity, shouldn't be on MTP. Both are bombastic partisans.

This is the kind of statement I would expect from Stephanie or Willow Tree. You know - mindless, uneducated, hyper-partisan, nonfactual, and frankly, moronic.

Everything Rachel reports is backed up by facts. And when she makes a mistake, she not only discloses it, she makes a big deal of disclosing it, in a segment called "Department Of Corrections".

If you believe she has lied, or been mistaken in her facts, then show us. You won't, because you can't.

Please post any evidence that Hannity has EVER corrected something he has stated. Hell, he still says that Obama was the most Liberal member of the Senate, which is clearly an intentional lie.

Right. That's no different than Maddow repeatedly talking about the Republican War on Women.

Are you willing to bet your avatar that I can find Hannity correcting himself?

She was right, and Castellanos was in error.

http://bls.gov/news.release/pdf/wkyeng.pdf

Also, for those who think Rachel was the one who was out of line, why then was she saying this?

Maddow paused and called out Castellanos for continuously interrupting her. "It's weird that you're interrupting me and not letting me make my point, because we get along so well, so let me make my point," she said. "But the interruption is important, I think, because now we know, at least from both of your perspective, that women are not faring worse than men in the economy, that women are not getting paid less for equal work. I think that's a serious difference in factual understanding in the world, but given that, some of us believe that women are being paid less than men."

To me, Meet the Press was a way to bring in reporters and get a more indepth look at those who were right there during an important political event. I'm just not sure a Hannity, Maddow, Limbaugh or Mathews qualifies. How can anyone be surprised when a bunch of talking heads spew the party line?

To me, Meet the Press was a way to bring in reporters and get a more indepth look at those who were right there during an important political event. I'm just not sure a Hannity, Maddow, Limbaugh or Mathews qualifies. How can anyone be surprised when a bunch of talking heads spew the party line?

Good point.

This show is not even a shadow of its former self.

Good point.

This show is not even a shadow of its former self.

David Gregory is not the person to host that show. I remember wanting them to ask Rachel after Tim Russert died.

I don't like Chuck Todd anymore either. It seems like they're grooming Russert's son and he is getting good but maybe won't be ready before MTP goes down.

Right. That's no different than Maddow repeatedly talking about the Republican War on Women.

if republicans have a problem with it being said they're waging a war on women, they should stop.

the first bill passed by the tea party House when it was called to order after the 2010 election was a bill to absolve hospitals of liability for allowing women to die for refusing to do a necessary life-saving abortion or even diecting them to a hospital that would, in fact accommodate them.

since then, republicans who got into office by pretending to be fiscal conservatives, engaged in a radical and religious right agenda designed to divest women of dominion over their own bodies...and of the parity in the workplace they fought for over the last 40 years... arguments we believed were largely settled. we're relitigating issues of women's rights that we believed were settled in the 70's. some of us are waiting for them to re-introduce the 'three-stitch' rule applying to domestic violence issue.

heck...i think we should be screaming out of every doorpost and window... you haven't even begun to hear shrill

Last edited:

if republicans have a problem with it being said they're waging a war on women, they should stop.

the first bill passed by the tea party House when it was called to order after the 2010 election was a bill to absolve hospitals of liability for allowing women to die for refusing to do a necessary life-saving abortion or even diecting them to a hospital that would, in fact accommodate them.

since then, republicans who got into office by pretending to be fiscal conservatives, engaged in a radical and religious right agenda designed to divest women of dominion over their own bodies...and of the parity in the workplace they fought for over the last 40 years... arguments we believed were largely settled. we're relitigating issues of women's rights that we believed were settled in the 70's.

heck...i think we should be screaming out of every doorpost and window... you haven't even begun to hear shrill

Alcohol was a "settled" issue in America at one point. Americans are free. That means we can change our minds and nothing is "settled". Everything should be Constitutional however.

I'd have just said Rush and left it at that, if I was a leftie. :eusa_whistle:

mudwhistle DID try to use it for a male.

I'm going with Schumer.

not the correct word for schumer either. pushy? ok...

but you know what... there are lots of loud rightwingers.

One really doesn't excuse the other.

well, i think the people who vote for him are ok with him being a bit pushy.

and they wouldn't be if he allowed himself to be drowned out by the rightwing din.

that isn't what they elect him for.

Yes.

And if you look at that list, there are plenty from the Left. Just to short-circuit your inevitable and ignorant claim that Salon is a Liberal source. It's not.

Funny, I don't remember saying anything about Salon, I thought I specifically asked if you thought Maddow is not a hack. Instead of providing evidence to refute the points I actually made about Maddow and her ability to hack, you decided to declare yourself a hack. Good job.

That's why I said I was short-circuiting your inevitable claim that they are Liberal.

I'm glad I was successful.

Only hacks try to short circuit inevitable claims before they are made.

Personally., I think Salon leans a bit to the right, which is why I wouldn't try to claim they are progressive. You are still a hack though.

Rachel Maddow Makes History and Triumphs over the War On Women

That's what I've been talking about. THAT is what we're up against.

You are up against truth?

What fracking war on women? If she thinks there is a fracking war on women she doesn't deserve the scholarship she had. The simple fact is that women are not getting paid less for the same work.

That's a lie.

That's a lie.

Well, which is it? Doesn't matter. They are both lies.

That's a lie.

Strawman.

There is no fracking war on women,[
That's a lie.

and the Democrats lost it anyway.
Again - which is it? You seem to want to, on the one hand, claim that something is a fact, then turn around and say "And if it isn't a fact, then XYZ...". Unfortunately, your attempts at ass-covering fail with both.

This article is a lie?

Young women aged between 22 and 29 are now being paid more on average per hour than their male counterparts.
An end to the male role as breadwinner? The 20-something women who earn more than men | Mail Online

I am breathlessly awaiting your providing actual evidence to refute the study used here.

Or you could admit you are simply a hack.

Forum List

Back