Rachel Maddow Rocked Meet the Press

16 trillion in debt, real unemployment rate 15%, gas prices close to $4 a gal, Iran on the verge of a nuclear weapon & this is what liberals are focused on? This is what we call the dumbing down of our society..Sad.

well, it's not like women's rights matter to the religious right.

thanks for your input.

16 trillion in debt, real unemployment rate 15%, gas prices close to $4 a gal, Iran on the verge of a nuclear weapon & this is what liberals are focused on? This is what we call the dumbing down of our society..Sad.

thanks for your input.

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the desired result in audience attitudes.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented.

Propaganda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes, Rachel is very articulate. i appreciate how the loons try to turn her into some shrieking ugly shrew like anne coulter. but she isn't. she's always well-spoken and her research is impeccable. on those occasions where she's been incorrect factually, she always corrects herself. one can disagree with her politics, but her intelligence has to be acknowledged.

as for your point. i believe that's correct, in part...

there is one distinction, however, between the GOP war on women and the GOP war on working people... and that is, the old white men of the GOP seem to want to control women's sexuality in ways that make them subservient to the will of their male 'keepers'...

no woman should have to ask the permission of an old man, whether her boss or a judge, for access to contraception, to reproductive choice, and to economic parity in the workplace.

Interesting how you make the issue entirely partisan.

I'm uncertain as to how anyone can blame any real or perceived lack of "progress" among females in the USA during the past to any party. Indeed, Wyoming, not known as a democratic stronghold by any means, allowed women to vote as early as 1869.

June 4, 1919, when the Senate approved the 19th amendment by 56 to 25 after four hours of debate, during which Democratic Senators opposed to the amendment filibustered to prevent a roll call until their absent Senators could be protected by pairs. The Ayes included 36 (82%) Republicans and 20 (54%) Democrats.

It is interesting how the democrats have since claimed to be the proponents of women's "rights," mainly on the basis that they champion abortion, and quite naturally, this is often for better or worse, the women's choice. The republicans have drawn a constituancy which rejects this rather obvious fact, and as a result are perpetually on the defensive: If they ever return to sanity, then democrats won't have a chance.

in case you didn't notice, the issue is, in fact, partisan.

i don't think 'partisan' is a dirty word. there isn't a single one of us who isn't 'partisan', meaning has a particular set of beliefs.

How is the issue partisan?

Are all women either democrats or republicans? No independant women voters?

The only reason you claim any "GOP WAR ON WOMEN" is because it serves your purpose to create a partisan issue.

Niether party is actually responsible for whatever preceived social status women have.

BTW: nice dodgeing the fact based discussion regarding the actual history behind women's suffrage and the dominate role of Republicans enacting the 19th Amendment. Ignoring this really only emphasises the importance you place of perception over reality.

Last edited:

thanks for your input.

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the desired result in audience attitudes.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented.

so stop propagandizing.

Walk the talk Dems. Obama put females on the Supreme Court because he thought he could control them.

Man, y'all are just making my point - I don't even need to post.

Never mind the fact that it was HER turn to speak, and he talked over, around and through her. That wasn't rude.

She should have known her place, right?

That, or "take an ass whuppin like a man."

These neanderthals are the gift that keeps giving

Yup. The fact that their go-to is that she's a lesbian? Very telling.

thanks for your input.

so stop propagandizing.

There are reasons why MSNBC has very low audience, Maddow is one of them. You are among the select few who actually watch that channel… Congratulations.. Look for the next Media Matters talking point...I mean" Propaganda"

thanks for your input.

so stop propagandizing.

:eusa_eh:

Physician, heal thyself.

i'm surprised that republican men get laid.

Maybe they don't! Maybe that's why they are so cranky.

Wouldn't fit the stereotype. That being, the Republican party is the party of the rich. That implies that a fair deal of Republicans have money. Call this sexist if you want, but being wealthy gets you laid easy.

Oh, but actually. They're not rich, not most of them and not by a long shot. They just have to believe 'trickle down' will actually happen. Maybe, baby; someday.

Also, most of them are people of faith. Getting laid a lot? A sin.

Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn what's his face, Sarah Palin, lots of real brainy type Rs out there right?

You want a contest naming stupid people? I bet I can name more from both either side than you can from one.

Yeah, you probably can. I don't know half the stupid Repubs on the air.

Hahaha. This sort of silliness is prevalent on both sides of the isle, but here it is in Democrat form for those of you watching. Someone agrees that Maddow is smarter than any of the Repubs on the air. . . then admits to not knowing half the Repubs on the air.

This is one of the great challenges America faces politically. That annoying little facet of human nature that causes people to blurt out strong opinions when even -they- know that they're equipped with less than half of the relevant information. This is why people turn in voters ballots with boxes checked regarding issues they know -dick- about.

Wouldn't fit the stereotype. That being, the Republican party is the party of the rich. That implies that a fair deal of Republicans have money. Call this sexist if you want, but being wealthy gets you laid easy.

Oh, but actually. They're not rich, not most of them and not by a long shot. They just have to believe 'trickle down' will actually happen. Maybe, baby; someday.

Adultry and Fornication is a sin, not getting some.

I guess only libs like to get laid. Cons are supposed to feel guilty for laying pipe.

If that were the case Santorum would be still running. He wouldn't have a daughter to worry about.

Sorry, but are we talking stereotypes or actuality? I've never had a girl I took home from a bar ask me my political affiliation before letting me in the front door.

The faith part I guess I could see.

Last edited:

Generally you'll find very religous people have more children.

Generally you'll find very religous people have more children.

So they're having sex once a year or so. Big deal.

Adultry and Fornication is a sin, not getting some.

I guess only libs like to get laid. Cons are supposed to feel guilty for laying pipe.

If that were the case Santorum would be still running. He wouldn't have a daughter to worry about.

Laying pipe is good, honest work. A conservative should never feel guilty about laying pipe, only about demanding the benefits of laying pipe if he didn't earn them by laying said pipe.

Dude! You're not supposed to be taking home girls from bars!!

Damn sluts.

Hahaha! I'm not a Republican, so it's okay.

And don't knock sluts (until you've tried 'em lol). They're good people and they promote equality in that they ease the sexual income gap between Don Juan and Urkel. We must recognize that sexual currency is, in fact, currency, and grant all people equal access to society's supply of bedroom equity, lest we violate the social contract and leave millions disenfranchised.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back