Rachel Maddow Rocked Meet the Press

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Rachel Maddow Makes History and Triumphs over the War On Women

Rachel Maddow was correct. The interruption by Castellanos was significant, because Republicans don’t want to talk about the war on women. They have adopted the same position towards the rights of women that they long ago adopted towards issues like poverty and racism. It doesn’t exist. Castellanos was trying to muddy the waters with funny math designed to deny the fact that women earn less than men. Women who work full time earn 77% of what men do. Until today, that fact was not in dispute.

Castellanos tried to use different factors to claim that the wage gap doesn’t exist, but even when all factors are taken into account, 41% of the wage gap is unexplained. This means that when a man and a woman the same background, doing the same job, working the same hours, women still make less money than men.

For Alex Castellanos the argument was matter of political strategy. His goal was to make some people believe that there is cause for question on the existence of the pay gap. (You may also recognize this strategy as the exact same course the right has pursued on climate change).

Castellanos’s behavior towards Maddow proved that the Republican Party has declared war on women. By watching the video, you can see his condescending tone directed at Maddow. When he said that he appreciated her passion, but that she was wrong, he was trying to portray her as an irrational woman who was being guided by her emotions.

That's what I've been talking about. THAT is what we're up against.

Rachel Maddow was correct. The interruption by Castellanos was significant, because Republicans don’t want to talk about the war on women. They have adopted the same position towards the rights of women that they long ago adopted towards issues like poverty and racism. It doesn’t exist. Castellanos was trying to muddy the waters with funny math designed to deny the fact that women earn less than men. Women who work full time earn 77% of what men do. Until today, that fact was not in dispute.

Castellanos tried to use different factors to claim that the wage gap doesn’t exist, but even when all factors are taken into account, 41% of the wage gap is unexplained. This means that when a man and a woman the same background, doing the same job, working the same hours, women still make less money than men.

For Alex Castellanos the argument was matter of political strategy. His goal was to make some people believe that there is cause for question on the existence of the pay gap. (You may also recognize this strategy as the exact same course the right has pursued on climate change).

Castellanos’s behavior towards Maddow proved that the Republican Party has declared war on women. By watching the video, you can see his condescending tone directed at Maddow. When he said that he appreciated her passion, but that she was wrong, he was trying to portray her as an irrational woman who was being guided by her emotions.

I'll have to watch it but I must say, I'm getting real tired of hearing her complain about the war on women. I do agree with her but she is taking it way too far. It isn't helpful.

I'll have to watch it but I must say, I'm getting real tired of hearing her complain about the war on women. I do agree with her but she is taking it way too far. It isn't helpful.

Sure it is.

This sort of stuff gets buried in nonsense..like the "War on Religion".

It's important to understand what the core agenda is..which is the to subvert the power of about half of the American public.

Why isn't it helpful? Could they be worse on women's issues?

Last edited:
I watch her almost every night. She covers this topic at length every night, people are going to turn her off. What is she actually doing other than talking about it?

At least a couple more people saw here on meet the Depressed, than they would on her own show..:eusa_whistle:

I can't help but see this as typical manipulation by the Democrat Party and their media crones as is typical during an election year.

Eh.. fall for it at your own discretion but don't expect much to change.

Last edited:
This Phony war on women is all they have, they can't run on Obama's and the Democrats RECORD

so they go too what they know best, fear mongering

The problem was, she was arguing about the 'salary discrimination' when in fact, it's a productivity problem:

if business owners and managers could pay a woman 23 percent less than a man and get exactly the same production out of her, why would any men be employed in such positions?

You are up against truth?

What fracking war on women? If she thinks there is a fracking war on women she doesn't deserve the scholarship she had. The simple fact is that women are not getting paid less for the same work. She also lied about why they Lily Ledbetter Act was passed. The fact is that Ledbetter knew about the discrimination for years, and decided not to sue, for whatever reason. If she hadn't known about the discrimination there were provisions in the old law that allowed a woman to sue based on when she actually discovered the actions, not when they first happened.

Women doing the same job as men get paid more than men in today's world. I can't wait until men start filing suit against employers for paying them less than they do women. If I ever find out that a woman doing the same job as I do gets paid more I will gladly jump on the lawsuit bandwagon to make a point.

Here is a simple fact of life, there are things men can do that women cannot. Men are, pound for pound, stronger than women. Men can do heavy work that is impossible for women, and generally take on jobs that women won't do. Lumberjacks are paid better than average, and are almost exclusively men. You could blame that on sexism, or you could admit that most women wouldn't be able to do the work.

There is no fracking war on women, and the Democrats lost it anyway.

Sure it is.

This sort of stuff gets buried in nonsense..like the "War on Religion".

It's important to understand what the core agenda is..which is the to subvert the power of about half of the American public.

There is no fracking war on religion either, at least not in the US. There is, however, a concerted effort from both parties to make the wants of the many more important than the freedom of the one.

I watch her almost every night. She covers this topic at length every night, people are going to turn her off. What is she actually doing other than talking about it?

You watch her ALMOST EVERY NIGHT?

:eusa_hand:

I wouldn't even watch a chick with a squid ALMOST EVERY NIGHT.

If Maddow is so intelligent, why does she stay on the cable channel that has it's ratings in the toilet..?

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back