Rachel Maddow Rocked Meet the Press

She was right, and Castellanos was in error.

http://bls.gov/news.release/pdf/wkyeng.pdf

Also, for those who think Rachel was the one who was out of line, why then was she saying this?

Maddow paused and called out Castellanos for continuously interrupting her. "It's weird that you're interrupting me and not letting me make my point, because we get along so well, so let me make my point," she said. "But the interruption is important, I think, because now we know, at least from both of your perspective, that women are not faring worse than men in the economy, that women are not getting paid less for equal work. I think that's a serious difference in factual understanding in the world, but given that, some of us believe that women are being paid less than men."

Like my link above?

I've heard Racherl on the radio.

She's very articulate.

The GOP created this "war on woman: bludegeon that they're getting beaten with in the media.

They created it one stupid assed talking head, one crappy piece of legislation at a time.

The WAR on WOMEN is also a war on the average american family.

Perhaps some of you haven't noticed it yet, but women play a fairly signficant role in supporting American families.

So anything that screws them in the workplace, screws their families, too.

What I do find interesting is that when the GOP is conducting war on American workers in industries that have significant men in the ranks, nobody calls THAT a war on men.

But if you look at the stats, for the last 20 years, thanks to the GOP's war on the workers, men's salaries have been declining.

It isn't that the little movement woman have made has been so good, when comparing their salaries to men, its that men's salaries have been going down.

The war on women is a SUBSET of the GOP's war on human beings who have to work for a living

The GOP created the war on women?

Tell you what, why don't you lay out a concise timeline showing exactly how they did it.

Dude! You're not supposed to be taking home girls from bars!!

Damn sluts.

Hahaha! I'm not a Republican, so it's okay.

And don't knock sluts (until you've tried 'em lol). They're good people and they promote equality in that they ease the sexual income gap between Don Juan and Urkel. We must recognize that sexual currency is, in fact, currency, and grant all people equal access to society's supply of bedroom equity, lest we violate the social contract and leave millions disenfranchised.

Oh, I know! Because when you're poor, the only thing that's left is sex. Hopefully it's good. Unfortunately, it too often has unintended results.

I was one. I slept with everything that moved and a few things that didn't between 1976 and 1980. Last summer camp, the first sergeant actually thanked me for keeping my pants on.

True story.

I bet it is.......

but then again, you weren't even born yet so, vagina envy :rolleyes:

Hahaha! I'm not a Republican, so it's okay.

And don't knock sluts (until you've tried 'em lol). They're good people and they promote equality in that they ease the sexual income gap between Don Juan and Urkel. We must recognize that sexual currency is, in fact, currency, and grant all people equal access to society's supply of bedroom equity, lest we violate the social contract and leave millions disenfranchised.

Oh, I know! Because when you're poor, the only thing that's left is sex. Hopefully it's good. Unfortunately, it too often has unintended results.

I was one. I slept with everything that moved and a few things that didn't between 1976 and 1980. Last summer camp, the first sergeant actually thanked me for keeping my pants on.

True story.

I bet it is.......

I think you just landed my newly-acquired "dumbest post on the internet" award.

AKA, WTF?

how the mighty have fallen.

She's Hannity of the Left. And I've watched more of her than Hannity. She, and Hannity, shouldn't be on MTP. Both are bombastic partisans.

This is the kind of statement I would expect from Stephanie or Willow Tree. You know - mindless, uneducated, hyper-partisan, nonfactual, and frankly, moronic.

Everything Rachel reports is backed up by facts. And when she makes a mistake, she not only discloses it, she makes a big deal of disclosing it, in a segment called "Department Of Corrections".

If you believe she has lied, or been mistaken in her facts, then show us. You won't, because you can't.

Please post any evidence that Hannity has EVER corrected something he has stated. Hell, he still says that Obama was the most Liberal member of the Senate, which is clearly an intentional lie.

If everything she says is backed up by facts you should have any trouble proving that Lily Ledbetter did not know about the discrimination for years before she filed the suit. The only snag you will have in proving that is that Ledbatter admitted in a disposition that she knew about the difference in pay in 1992, which was 6 years before she filed suit with the EEOC.

White House Distorts Ledbetter v. Goodyear Ruling, in Backing Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

I await your outstanding ability to find facts that do not exist to prove that Maddow never lies.

:popcorn:

Alternatively, you could just admit that Maddow and, by extension, you are both hacks.

Last edited:

True story.

I bet it is.......

I think you just landed my newly-acquired "dumbest post on the internet" award.

AKA, WTF?

I think you have unlimited gall.....I think you are easily befuddled, by your own words no less......Oh...I know I don't want any award you have "acquired", "newly"( which I debate) or not. that much is certain.

here;

Reading Comprehension Connection: Home

oh and its free...;)

She was right, and Castellanos was in error.

http://bls.gov/news.release/pdf/wkyeng.pdf

Also, for those who think Rachel was the one who was out of line, why then was she saying this?

Maddow paused and called out Castellanos for continuously interrupting her. "It's weird that you're interrupting me and not letting me make my point, because we get along so well, so let me make my point," she said. "But the interruption is important, I think, because now we know, at least from both of your perspective, that women are not faring worse than men in the economy, that women are not getting paid less for equal work. I think that's a serious difference in factual understanding in the world, but given that, some of us believe that women are being paid less than men."

She is right, but it is still a lie. Kinda like Romney is right that women have been harder hit since Obama got elected, but it is still a lie.

Calling her shrill is calling her female. She speaks her mind and she's female = shrill.

What's the male equivilant to shrill then?

The better question would be why is that word only ever used to describe women?

Because you are an idiot?

Pennsylvania Republican Tom Ridge is taking direct aim at Rush Limbaugh, telling CNN's John King the conservative talk radio host can be "shrill" and uses language in a way "that offend very many."

Ridge takes aim at Limbaugh – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Right. That's no different than Maddow repeatedly talking about the Republican War on Women.

Are you willing to bet your avatar that I can find Hannity correcting himself?

if republicans have a problem with it being said they're waging a war on women, they should stop.

the first bill passed by the tea party House when it was called to order after the 2010 election was a bill to absolve hospitals of liability for allowing women to die for refusing to do a necessary life-saving abortion or even diecting them to a hospital that would, in fact accommodate them.

since then, republicans who got into office by pretending to be fiscal conservatives, engaged in a radical and religious right agenda designed to divest women of dominion over their own bodies...and of the parity in the workplace they fought for over the last 40 years... arguments we believed were largely settled. we're relitigating issues of women's rights that we believed were settled in the 70's. some of us are waiting for them to re-introduce the 'three-stitch' rule applying to domestic violence issue.

heck...i think we should be screaming out of every doorpost and window... you haven't even begun to hear shrill

If I started saying you are waging a war on purple people eaters, the only thing you would have to do to get me to stop is end your war on purple people eaters?

:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbGnspgy_8]The Flying Purple People Eater - YouTube[/ame]

She's Hannity of the Left. And I've watched more of her than Hannity. She, and Hannity, shouldn't be on MTP. Both are bombastic partisans.

This is the kind of statement I would expect from Stephanie or Willow Tree. You know - mindless, uneducated, hyper-partisan, nonfactual, and frankly, moronic.

Everything Rachel reports is backed up by facts. And when she makes a mistake, she not only discloses it, she makes a big deal of disclosing it, in a segment called "Department Of Corrections".

If you believe she has lied, or been mistaken in her facts, then show us. You won't, because you can't.

Please post any evidence that Hannity has EVER corrected something he has stated. Hell, he still says that Obama was the most Liberal member of the Senate, which is clearly an intentional lie.

Right. That's no different than Maddow repeatedly talking about the Republican War on Women.

Are you willing to bet your avatar that I can find Hannity correcting himself?

I'm not claiming that he has never corrected himself (although I would be shocked if you could find him correcting a negative statement about a Democrat and stating that he was wrong, and apologizing for it).

My point is that, even though he knows that they are blatant lies, he continues to repeat his favorite talking points like the one I cited. Even political novices know that there are more Liberal Senators than Obama. But he repeats it to this day.

To me, Meet the Press was a way to bring in reporters and get a more indepth look at those who were right there during an important political event. I'm just not sure a Hannity, Maddow, Limbaugh or Mathews qualifies. How can anyone be surprised when a bunch of talking heads spew the party line?

Good point.

This show is not even a shadow of its former self.
David Gregory is a pathetic hack, who believes it's not a reporter's role to ask tough questions:

David Gregory said:
I think there are a lot of critics who think that . . . . if we did not stand up and say this is bogus, and you’re a liar, and why are you doing this, that we didn’t do our job. I respectfully disagree. It’s not our role.

You are up against truth?

What fracking war on women? If she thinks there is a fracking war on women she doesn't deserve the scholarship she had. The simple fact is that women are not getting paid less for the same work.

That's a lie.

That's a lie.

Well, which is it? Doesn't matter. They are both lies.

That's a lie.

Strawman.

That's a lie.

Again - which is it? You seem to want to, on the one hand, claim that something is a fact, then turn around and say "And if it isn't a fact, then XYZ...". Unfortunately, your attempts at ass-covering fail with both.

This article is a lie?

Young women aged between 22 and 29 are now being paid more on average per hour than their male counterparts.
An end to the male role as breadwinner? The 20-something women who earn more than men | Mail Online

I am breathlessly awaiting your providing actual evidence to refute the study used here.

Or you could admit you are simply a hack.

The "facts" that you claimed were indeed lies. For instance:

Please provide your proof that Ledbetter knew for years that she was being underpaid.

And now you want to move the goalpost by limiting your "facts" to a narrow age group of 7 years. :lol:

Forum List

Back