Quitting Smoking

no1tovote4 said:
It's also got to be better for the level of stress you may have. I haven't smoked through water for a long time. Since I joined the Navy. When I got out I just never bothered finding any contacts, now I wouldn't even know where to get it. :(

not volunteering anything, but if you ever get to vegas..........................
bong.gif

It's probably not too hard to get seeds either. If you have your own property, and a relatively private area, wouldn't be too difficult to grow just enough for a little personal use.

Zhukov said:
It's probably not too hard to get seeds either. If you have your own property, and a relatively private area, wouldn't be too difficult to grow just enough for a little personal use.

I grew two plants a year up until my nephew moved in with us. I then decided to set a good example so I stopped growing my own. The stuff grows really good here in Vegas. It loves the heat.

You can actually order seeds online. The best seeds will come out of Amsterdam.

no1tovote4 said:
That was just what I was thinking.

nope and it is legal as long as it doesn't get labeled POT seeds. MJ seeds are used in birdfeed and most companies you order from will ship them to you labeled that way. I have ordered them without any problems. There are a lot of sites you can order through. www.overgrow.com is a cool site with info on how to grow, where to get seeds, etc.

Zhukov said:
I thought they sterilized hemp seed in bird feed.

they do. but when you order them, they will label it birdseed. they (the feds) don't know if they are sterilized or not. also, if you live near Vancouver, Canada, you can run up there and buy em from what I understand.

freeandfun1 said:
Vancouver, Canada, you can run up there and buy em from what I understand.

That would probably be a preferable option, for me at least. I'd be too paranoid to by them online, and have them mailed to me.

Or, hell, take a vacation to Amsterdam.

freeandfun1 said:
they do. but when you order them, they will label it birdseed. they (the feds) don't know if they are sterilized or not. also, if you live near Vancouver, Canada, you can run up there and buy em from what I understand.

Didn't know that.

freeandfun1 said:
I could be wrong, but as I said, that is what I understand from others on a grow site I sometimes frequent.

Wait a minute, hemp doesn't contain THC does it?

For some reason, there is an over abundance of weed around here.....shame I don't smoke anymore.

Zhukov said:
Not enough to get you high.

When I was stationed at Ft. Riley, KS in 1985/86, hemp grew all over the place on the post. It also grew along the highway and railroad tracks. We called it "headache" weed cuz that is all you would get from it!

freeandfun1 said:
When I was stationed at Ft. Riley, KS in 1985/86, hemp grew all over the place on the post. It also grew along the highway and railroad tracks. We called it "headache" weed cuz that is all you would get from it!

The newer cultivars of industrial hemp have even less THC in them than the wild types. But for some reason, those remain illegal as well.

Zhukov said:
The newer cultivars of industrial hemp have even less THC in them than the wild types. But for some reason, those remain illegal as well.

if you visit any of the pot smokers' message boards, you will read that it was a conspiracy by Hearst, Dupont, et al (and I am sure Bush is somehow responsible) to prop up the paper and synthetic materials industries.

I agree that industrial hemp should be legal. You can make some really nice stuff from it and it is easier to grow for paper, etc. than trees.

freeandfun1 said:
I agree that industrial hemp should be legal. You can make some really nice stuff from it and it is easier to grow for paper, etc. than trees.

I know.

Let's see:

we can either set aside some land, plant some trees, and wait 30 years to cut them down to make paper....

....ooooooooooooor....

we can sow and harvest three crops a year of hemp, pulp it, and make paper that way.

Hmmmm, that's tough. Let's go with the tree idea.

And with that we are 100% off topic.

freeandfun1 said:
if you visit any of the pot smokers' message boards, you will read that it was a conspiracy by Hearst, Dupont, et al (and I am sure Bush is somehow responsible) to prop up the paper and synthetic materials industries.

And you can make fuel for cars from it as well. We could grow our own rather than buy it from the Middle East and Latin America.

no1tovote4 said:
Has anybody recently quit smoking? If so, what worked?

I have just begun my most recent attempt to quit and need to have some ideas as obviously what I have been doing isn't working. Hence the need to quit again!

:smoke:

I had a good friend that smoked 2 packs a day for 17 years and he quit with the patches.......He swears by them. Also chewing gum and candy helps keep the mouth busy and uses nervous energy....Definately a worth while goal, he feels so much better now..

Forum List

Back