Question for those pushing a "living wage"

How long will this trend last before we are out of the ability to borrow 25 cents of every dollar government spends from the Chinks?
30 trillion or 40 trillion in debt?

Well how about the business owners stop collecting corporate welfare? How about they stop sending the jobs to China?

I don't and most all small businesses do not.
So stay on topic.
The topic is I have worked 70 hour weeks for 40 years full time. Worked all last weekend, a holiday. Drove old cars to put 3 kids through college. Saved my money and invested my hard work and earnings into my business.
So open your ears:
Where is my minimum wage. I RISK EVERYTHING.
Where is my damn guarantee?
That is the 2nd time I asked you.

If your business goes under you can get a job making at least minimum wage. That is your guarantee. The same one everyone else has.

What happened to just sitting down and finding out what my guarantee should be?
I thought you people believed I should receive a "living wage".

What happened to just sitting down and finding out what my guarantee should be?
I thought you people believed I should receive a "living wage".

Those folks also believe that the Constitution is a living breathing document.

:lol:

So, like their view of the Constitution, a "living wage" means whatever they happen to pretend it means under any given set of circumstances.

Well how about the business owners stop collecting corporate welfare? How about they stop sending the jobs to China?

So stay on topic.
The topic is I have worked 70 hour weeks for 40 years full time. Worked all last weekend, a holiday. Drove old cars to put 3 kids through college. Saved my money and invested my hard work and earnings into my business.
So open your ears:

If your business goes under you can get a job making at least minimum wage. That is your guarantee. The same one everyone else has.

No, you keep saying "living wage".
LOL, "If your business goes under" LOL, that is not much of a guarantee there.

Then why are you in this thread?

Do you own a business and pay employees?

Not yet. One day I hope to have my own business, and if I couldn't afford to pay my employees a decent wage (and underpaying your employees here is actually illegal) then I wouldn't have a business. I will do right by my workers.

So under your own question "why are you in this thread?"

Damn, hello.

So stay on topic.
So open your ears:

No, you keep saying "living wage".
LOL, "If your business goes under" LOL, that is not much of a guarantee there.

So you want more than minimum wage? Glad you agree it should be raised.

Then why are you in this thread?

Do you own a business and pay employees?

Not yet. One day I hope to have my own business, and if I couldn't afford to pay my employees a decent wage (and underpaying your employees here is actually illegal) then I wouldn't have a business. I will do right by my workers.

You pay your workers what their educational and skill level is.

If they have a high level of education and skill for the business that you open then they make plenty of money.
No business owner sets the pay for their employees. The competition for that labor in the market does.
Wow, come on now. Get in the game.
I often hire contract labor and the starting hourly rate is $20 a hour + mileage. 1099 labor. That is for medium skill level.
Minimum wage earners make up less than 4% of the population. Low and no skilled labor.
We are doing them a favor by paying them that. Forces them to educate themselves and get a job at around 35K to start.

Why are you in this thread when you are not earning minimum wage?

Are you on dope or something?
This thread is for only those making the minimum wage?

This thread is only for people that ask "Do you want Fries with that?"?

OK, I will leave it to all you folks then.
Tootles.

“The Republicans believe in the minimum wage — the more the minimum, the better.” - Harry Truman

According to the Economic Policy Institute, the minimum wage in the United States would have been $18.28 in 2013, if the minimum wage kept pace with labor productivity.

Forum List

Back