Question about Trade

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I have a question about our re-negotiation of trade deals with our neighbors.

I first will state that I think Trump has been an unmitigated disaster. Anyone who reads my posts would know this but I didn’t want anyone to think I was being coy.

In that spirit, I am asking what I think is a serious question concerning the re-negotiation of our Trade Deals. I am not sure why we would want to do that.

One thing has been vividly clear over the past 30-50 years. Our standard of living is such that our producers and their employees have to make more money than something produced in the third world. If we tear up the trade deals and say we want to re-work it; that frees up our trading partners to go shopping elsewhere, right?

If we can be so easily undercut; why would they still buy from us?

I first will state that I think Trump has been an unmitigated disaster. Anyone who reads my posts would know this but I didn’t want anyone to think I was being coy.

In that spirit, I am asking what I think is a serious question concerning the re-negotiation of our Trade Deals. I am not sure why we would want to do that.

One thing has been vividly clear over the past 30-50 years. Our standard of living is such that our producers and their employees have to make more money than something produced in the third world. If we tear up the trade deals and say we want to re-work it; that frees up our trading partners to go shopping elsewhere, right?

I think if the Directors, CEOs and Stock Holders each give up one of their 20 homes they'll survive.
Next...

Canada is NOT a problem.

Mexico IS a problem with US jobs moving there.

So companies who ship goods out of Mexico into the USA should pay a high tax on them, I agree with Ryan and Trump on this.

China is the main cheater in trade and they also ship inferior goods into the USA.

I would block all trade from China or else stack a heavy tariff of 50% to 100% on it.

Canada is NOT a problem.

So companies who ship goods out of Mexico into the USA should pay a high tax on them, I agree with Ryan and Trump on this.

China is the main cheater in trade and they also ship inferior goods into the USA.

I would block all trade from China or else stack a heavy tariff of 50% to 100% on it.

inferior goods into the USA.

Wouldn't doubt your posting on a phone made in China right now..

Canada is NOT a problem.

I would rather buy in Mexico than in China. The reality is most of your cheap garbage we use today come from Beijing and it should not.

I have a click radio made in Malaysia from 1976 and it still works like the day I bought it.

Now do you believe something from China will last that long?

Canada is NOT a problem.

A MAC book made in Singapore.

Go bank to your ECO 101 textbook from college. The basic equation contains four components:

C-S= net consumption, consumption-savings. trying to stimulate this creates bubbles and that does nobody any good except the politically connected.

G-T= net government spending. Stimulating this leads to inflation and can lead to social and political collapse

X-M=exports-imports. This is one of two big Job and greater paychecks.

Investment

the US is the largest buyer of used but usable capital equipment and that accounts for most real growth in the US relative to the rest of the world since 1958. Trade pacts are simply a way to keep our allies sweet while we enjoy this advantage at their expense, this economic appeasement policy is defective.

Canada is NOT a problem.

So nothing comes from Apple made in China?

Canada is NOT a problem.

Apple R&D and Software Development is not done by The Best & The Brightest...that's why it works.

Canada is NOT a problem.

Don’t know…

Go bank to your ECO 101 textbook from college. The basic equation contains four components:

C-S= net consumption, consumption-savings. trying to stimulate this creates bubbles and that does nobody any good except the politically connected.

G-T= net government spending. Stimulating this leads to inflation and can lead to social and political collapse

Investment

the US is the largest buyer of used but usable capital equipment and that accounts for most real growth in the US relative to the rest of the world since 1958. Trade pacts are simply a way to keep our allies sweet while we enjoy this advantage at their expense, this economic appeasement policy is defective.

So it is not anything to worry about—tearing up our trade deals?

Investment

So it is not anything to worry about—tearing up our trade deals?
More like it is one of our lesser worries.

BAT application to used imported goods is a biggie as in if Amazon or possibly Walmart pull off the equivalent of a double Irish in equipment purchases of getting a piece of the VAT refund and no BAT here our GDP growth could start playing tag with double digits. That will cause consternation with us worldwide. Buying anything at 25-30% or even just 15% equivalent off book value will cause insourcing to here. The Germans, Japanese, Zambians or whoever will not like seeing their jobs come here.

Another biggie is the use of mail order brides to suppress birthrates in other countries such as Mexico and China could cause a reversion to caudillos and warlords.

The US is the mammoth in the economic room with the population collapse of Japan, Germany and Greece being exhibit one.

CandyCorn, I’m not opposed to International negotiation standards of weights, measures, label terminology, environment, political boundaries. The regulation of a nation’s boundary is entirely a domestic issue.

I’m an advocate of the “most favored nation” agreements. That concept doesn’t prohibit nations from favoring their own entities but it does prohibit nations from granting considerations to any other than their own nation, that are denied to any of the agreement’s other participating nations.

I’m a proponent of sovereign nations determining their own trade policies. Who or what is permitted to enter a sovereignty should be entirely determined by their government.

I’ve sent the following message to my Congressman and both senators representing New Jersey.

Respectfully, Supposn
////////////////////////////

USA’s chronic annual trade deficits are detrimental to USA’s GDP and numbers of jobs.

The Republican leader of the house, Paul Ryan and some of his colleges are advocating the rewriting of our corporate tax regulations to include “destination based tax” provisions that would deny reduction of taxable income due to expenditures for importing foreign goods or service products.

[I believe the trade policy described by Wikipedia’s “Import Certificates” article is superior to all other existing or proposed trade policies].

Regardless of that, if the “destination based tax” provisions are drafted as to be effectively enforceable at reasonable cost, and if the bill’s reductions of tax rates are not excessively net detrimental to our annual federal budgets, I urge our N.J. representatives and senators to put politics aside and support such a bill.

My hope is we quit chasing our tails and constructive legislation emerge from our congress.

CandyCorn, I’m not opposed to International negotiation standards of weights, measures, label terminology, environment, political boundaries. The regulation of a nation’s boundary is entirely a domestic issue.

I’m an advocate of the “most favored nation” agreements. That concept doesn’t prohibit nations from favoring their own entities but it does prohibit nations from granting considerations to any other than their own nation, that are denied to any of the agreement’s other participating nations.

I’m a proponent of sovereign nations determining their own trade policies. Who or what is permitted to enter a sovereignty should be entirely determined by their government.

I’ve sent the following message to my Congressman and both senators representing New Jersey.

Respectfully, Supposn
////////////////////////////

USA’s chronic annual trade deficits are detrimental to USA’s GDP and numbers of jobs.

The Republican leader of the house, Paul Ryan and some of his colleges are advocating the rewriting of our corporate tax regulations to include “destination based tax” provisions that would deny reduction of taxable income due to expenditures for importing foreign goods or service products.

[I believe the trade policy described by Wikipedia’s “Import Certificates” article is superior to all other existing or proposed trade policies].

Regardless of that, if the “destination based tax” provisions are drafted as to be effectively enforceable at reasonable cost, and if the bill’s reductions of tax rates are not excessively net detrimental to our annual federal budgets, I urge our N.J. representatives and senators to put politics aside and support such a bill.

My hope is we quit chasing our tails and constructive legislation emerge from our congress.
Of course the best trade policy is to make stuff that is so good everybody wants to trade you for it the worst policy Is to protect and cripple industries that make junk that nobody wants to buy yet this is precisely suppoosins liberal and idiotic position

Can't buy your products because of regulation in the recipient country is at least an extremely close second.

Forum List

Back