Question about the US Revolution

1. Was that executive order 1066 issued under the original Alien and Sedition Acts of Adams? That act was passed by the conservative Adams administration and people were arrested for criticizing the conservative Federalist Party. A Federalists president was never elected again, and the period after Adams was known as the Era of Good Feelings. As I remember, Jefferson on taking office pardoned most.

Are you kidding? Every liberal on this board would have ratted out the Founding Fathers and cheered as they were executed.

As it was, the majority of colonists did not support the Revolution. By all accounts, they were the extremists and not in the majority, much like the Tea Party today.
I think historians pretty much agree one third of the colonists remained loyal to the crown, one third didn't care, and the final third were the revolutionists.

Yeah, um, mathematically that would mean 2/3 didn't support the Revolution, which would be the majority.

Of course, you are a total lying dumb fuck. The Conservatives of that era were the Tories. As for single payer universal health care, I will see that within my lifetime, and I am 71. The only reason we have not already had that is that the very wealthy that are milking our disfunctional health care system for their own greed have convinced braindead assholes like you that paying twice as much for half the service that other nations get for their health care dollar is a good idea.

Until we can get the insurance racket far less involved in healthcare, our healthcare value per dollar expended will continue to decline to unsustainable levels.

Well, lots of luck getting people to take responsibility for their own healthcare, which is the only way you're getting insurance companies out of the mix.

Uh, that is just plain old silly. Are you really THAT bored?

It's a valid question. England is much more left of center than the US today, so would the US have been better off not to revolt against king George?

No it's really not, the OP is somewhere to the right of completely fucking stupid.

Really? So tell us then, how is the US better off now than if they were still apart of England?

[

Really? So tell us then, how is the US better off now than if they were still apart of England?

Your Premise is that we would still be part of England if the revolution was lost. Which is fairly unlikely.

Canada isn't part of England. Australia isn't part of England. they still call Elizabeth II their queen, but they have their own parliaments and Prime Ministers.

Assuming the Founding Slave Rapists all found themselves at the end of a noose, the "Dominion of America" would eventually have gotten some kind of self-rule.

Now the question becomes, would it have been as friendly to immigration as the US became? Or would all those Irish, Germans, Italians and Poles have gone somewhere else to be exploited for cheap labor?

No doubt.

If that man returns to the US he is a fool.
Snowden could provide Americans who are willing to look some good insights into what their republic has become since 911:

"American Officials Admit that the U.S. Is a Huge Sponsor of Terrorism
The director of the National Security Agency under Ronald Reagan – Lt. General William Odom – noted:

"'Because the United States itself has a long record of supporting terrorists and using terrorist tactics, the slogans of today’s war on terrorism merely makes the United States look hypocritical to the rest of the world.'"

"Odom also said:

"'By any measure the US has long used terrorism. In ‘78-79 the Senate was trying to pass a law against international terrorism – in every version they produced, the lawyers said the US would be in violation.'"

Is America the World s Largest Sponsor of Terrorism Washington s Blog

Forum List

Back