Question about the US Revolution

How many left wingers wish that the US had not broken away from the British crown?

I mean, look at what you could have had. You could have had single payer health care all these many years.

Would you and the rest of the country been better off had King George suppressed the rebellion and hung the Founding Fathers for treason?

I think it is an interesting thought expirament to wonder what would have happened if the rebellion failed.

We'd all be Canadians today.

Slavery would have ended without a war. We probably wouldn't have gotten into a war with Mexico and taken the west. So we wouldn't have an "illegal" crisis today. And yes, we'd probably have socialized medicine.

Would the "Dominion of America" have been as reliable an ally in World War I and World War II as the US was? Maybe.

Morality? Left wingers despise morality. If England had kept the colonies the US would have been as amoral and irreligious as they are in England.

As a result, I suspect, once again, left wingers would have preferred the King George America to that of what we have today.

You mean we wouldn't have back-ward ass superstitions like we do now? I'm not seeing that as a downside.

Trying to apply liberal or conservative to a period where they didn't exist is a pathetic attempt by ignorant teapers to justify their hate. Teapers think they are the only patriots because they oppose a President of a Darker Hue. I wonder...where was this patriotism under Reagan and amnesty? DId this patriotism not exist under Bush and the NSA? How about under Bush I when he raised taxes?

Patriotism my ass...hateism and ignorance at its best. Ignorant hypocrites who confuse being American with racism.

Or is it patriotic to even consider a line of Bush Presidents...Jeb 2016. Or maybe it is patriotic to gush and kneel when English royalty comes to America...and of course it is patriotic to object vehemently when a black man (LeBron James) touches a white Duchess.

What a bunch of pathetic buffoons who have destroyed TRUE conservatism.

I have further evidence that the US would be better off than just health care for left wingers.

Compare the two governments today.

1. Total national debt. The US has around $18 trillion, England only has around $9 trillion.

2. Public education system. The US ranks around 36th in the word in science, math, and reading. The UK ranks around 26th.

3. Corporate taxation is higher in the US. The US Federal tax is anywhere from 15-39%, state tax Is anywhere from 0-12%, local tax anywhere from 0-3%. The UK only has a flat corporate tax rate of 20%.

4. Personal taxation. The individual maximum tax rate is 55.9%, in the UK it is only 45%.

5. In the UK, you are 24.44% less likely to experience class division.

6. In the UK, you are 13.98% more likely to be employed.

7. in the UK, you would have about 8.85% more free time on your hands.

8. In the UK, you would be 66.67% less likely to have AIDS.

9. Violence. The UK outshines the US when it comes to violence on the streets.

10. If you lived in the UK, you would make 24.14% less money. I would think this would make liberals smile ear to ear.

The conservatives and the wealthy supported the throne.

Says the far left drone powered by the very small rich white far left elite..

Kosh, go read some history. Your illiteracy on the War of Independence is showing.

Loyalists were generally associated with Anglicanism, whereas Patriots were mainly non-Christian non-judgmental sects e.g. Deist and a loose form of Presbyterianism the hard core by which the rebellion was sustained.
Loyalists were considered better-educated than the average Patriot, hence relatively wealthier; but loyalty was not only the preserve of the wealthy as many Loyalists were of humble means, particularly away from centers of population e.g. New York's Mohawk Valley and between the coastal areas of Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and the western frontier.

Loyalist American Revolution

Absent the US Revolution...we would be as pathetic as canada...insignificant, immoral, and impotent.

Morality? Left wingers despise morality. If England had kept the colonies the US would have been as amoral and irreligious as they are in England.

As a result, I suspect, once again, left wingers would have preferred the King George America to that of what we have today.
I have further evidence that the US would be better off than just health care for left wingers.

Compare the two governments today.

1. Total national debt. The US has around $18 trillion, England only has around $9 trillion.

2. Public education system. The US ranks around 36th in the word in science, math, and reading. The UK ranks around 26th.

3. Corporate taxation is higher in the US. The US Federal tax is anywhere from 15-39%, state tax Is anywhere from 0-12%, local tax anywhere from 0-3%. The UK only has a flat corporate tax rate of 20%.

4. Personal taxation. The individual maximum tax rate is 55.9%, in the UK it is only 45%.

5. In the UK, you are 24.44% less likely to experience class division.

6. In the UK, you are 13.98% more likely to be employed.

7. in the UK, you would have about 8.85% more free time on your hands.

8. In the UK, you would be 66.67% less likely to have AIDS.

9. Violence. The UK outshines the US when it comes to violence on the streets.

10. If you lived in the UK, you would make 24.14% less money. I would think this would make liberals smile ear to ear.

Did I mention that the police don't carry guns in the UK?

That's right left wingers, the US gave up utopia when it broke away from king George.

Of course, you are a total lying dumb fuck. The Conservatives of that era were the Tories. As for single payer universal health care, I will see that within my lifetime, and I am 71. The only reason we have not already had that is that the very wealthy that are milking our disfunctional health care system for their own greed have convinced braindead assholes like you that paying twice as much for half the service that other nations get for their health care dollar is a good idea.

Until we can get the insurance racket far less involved in healthcare, our healthcare value per dollar expended will continue to decline to unsustainable levels.

England needed to have its ass kicked and we were glad to oblige.
The UK is shooting itself in the foot, even more than America. It allows sharia courts and religious extremist schools. It already has worse racial and religious tension than America, which is saying something.

Like all other progressive categories, the US simply lags behind. Give them a few decades. Those in Washington spend all their time trying to mimic the nation that gave birth to them. I suppose its only natural, like a son trying to imitate his father.

Where's the morality in defending slavery?
"... a new book from University of Houston professor Gerald Horne would have our revision of our own history stretch back even further — to the very founding itself.

"In 'The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America,' Horne marshals considerable research to paint a picture of a U.S. that wasn’t founded on liberty, with slavery as an uncomfortable and aberrant remnant of a pre-Enlightenment past, but rather was founded on slavery — as a defense of slavery — with the language of liberty and equality used as window dressing.

"If he’s right, in other words, then the traditional narrative of the creation of the U.S. is almost completely wrong.

White supremacy and slavery Gerald Horne on the real story of American independence - Salon.com

Of course, you are a total lying dumb fuck. The Conservatives of that era were the Tories. As for single payer universal health care, I will see that within my lifetime, and I am 71. The only reason we have not already had that is that the very wealthy that are milking our disfunctional health care system for their own greed have convinced braindead assholes like you that paying twice as much for half the service that other nations get for their health care dollar is a good idea.

Until we can get the insurance racket far less involved in healthcare, our healthcare value per dollar expended will continue to decline to unsustainable levels.

What I don't understand is that Obamacare was sold to us on the premise that health care costs needed to come down.

Well whoopty doo!! Something cost too much? It's almost as if deficits do actually matter.

But then when it comes to other things, deficits don't seem to matter.

Why not just allow health care costs to go up exponentially? Just look at it as a stimulus for the economy? Instead, government has it targeted for mutual destruction, ending the last segment in the economy that was actually growing.

Where's the morality in defending slavery?
"... a new book from University of Houston professor Gerald Horne would have our revision of our own history stretch back even further — to the very founding itself.

"In 'The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America,' Horne marshals considerable research to paint a picture of a U.S. that wasn’t founded on liberty, with slavery as an uncomfortable and aberrant remnant of a pre-Enlightenment past, but rather was founded on slavery — as a defense of slavery — with the language of liberty and equality used as window dressing.

"If he’s right, in other words, then the traditional narrative of the creation of the U.S. is almost completely wrong.

White supremacy and slavery Gerald Horne on the real story of American independence - Salon.com

I completely left the slavery issue out!

In fact, the English gave blacks their freedom in order to garnish support from them when the colonists revolted.

Just think, had the Founding Fathers hung slavery would not have existed in the US.

When looking at the higher tax rates in the US, the pathetic public education systems, and the racial insanity and violence in the streets as the political leaders race bait the public seemingly everyday, I'm beginning to wonder if the Founding Fathers gave birth to something far more sinister than what they revolted from.

Yeah the Liberals fought for freedom...to surrender their life to the US Federal government
No, at first both liberals and conservatives made a nation with no real central government, but instead thirteen governments. After trying that for a short time and when that government didn't work, they created one new government with much greater power and much less limits. We still use that government today.

Yeah the Liberals fought for freedom...to surrender their life to the US Federal government
No, at first both liberals and conservatives made a nation with no real central government, but instead thirteen governments. After trying that for a short time and when that government didn't work, they created one new government with much greater power and much less limits. We still use that government today.

What is baffling, is that these same great intellectuals fought a war and risked their very lives to break away from tyranny.

However, they then turn around and pass Alien and Sedition Acts so that citizens are not allowed to criticize their governments? Had Jefferson not risen up to fight these Acts the US would have been a much darker place than it is today.

In fact, the remaining provision of the Alien and Sedition Acts is what caused FDR to lock up Japanese Americans.

Forum List

Back