Putin: Does anyone even listen to us?

Have Americans ever had an ability to rationalize world events and objectively contemplate our place in the world? Or is the power of propaganda and it's reliance on national pride just too great for the average American to overcome?

I imagine most here will see Putin's answer as just his own propaganda. I think he is speaking quite rationally about his country's own position in the world in relation to the West.

You have a few good pints to make. But when you coach them in insults to America you lose.

you are your own worst enemy, and you do a great disservice to any cause you imagine you are defending

Have Americans ever had an ability to rationalize world events and objectively contemplate our place in the world? Or is the power of propaganda and it's reliance on national pride just too great for the average American to overcome?

I imagine most here will see Putin's answer as just his own propaganda. I think he is speaking quite rationally about his country's own position in the world in relation to the West.

You have a few good pints to make. But when you coach them in insults to America you lose.

you are your own worst enemy, and you do a great disservice to any cause you imagine you are defending

not HIS points, propaganda du'jour

not HIS points, propaganda du'jour

Thanks Dante, you make a reasonable point, and one that I did consider. But what stimulates people? I think it would be different for different people. And when does being critical cross the line to being offensive? Again I think it would depend on the perceptions of the individual. I am not convinced that I have done my "cause" any great disservice nor am I naive to believe that I was ever going to have a profound influence on how Americans perceive their collective place in the world in the first place.

Thanks Dante, you make a reasonable point, and one that I did consider. But what stimulates people? I think it would be different for different people. And when does being critical cross the line to being offensive? Again I think it would depend on the perceptions of the individual. I am not convinced that I have done my "cause" any great disservice nor am I naive to believe that I was ever going to have a profound influence on how Americans perceive their collective place in the world in the first place.

forget how Americans percieve what you wrote, what about people who will be viewing your post>

There exist great distinctions between viewing and reading posts on the web

forget how Americans percieve what you wrote, what about people who will be viewing your post>

But what offends you? The fact that the US - a terrorist state? US totalitarian state?
What the United States uses torture?
What the US is killing innocent people?
What the police are killing people in the United States?
The fact that in the US most of the prisoners?
The fact that the US has been at war somewhere?
Unknown number of innocent people who killed your soldiers and drones?
Or the fact that modern propaganda appeared in the United States?
Or the fact that you are constantly afraid of ... the Soviet Union, Iran, Iraq, Russia, China ... you live in this information shit.

What exactly are offends? =))

But what offends you? The fact that the US - a terrorist state? US totalitarian state?
Or the fact that you are constantly afraid of ... the Soviet Union, Iran, Iraq, Russia, China ... you live in this information shit.

Hmm, you're not serious.. Maybe you think you are but hysteria and paranoia are not normal.

Make a clear and concise and rational statement and you will get Dante's attention

Hmm, you're not serious.. Maybe you think you are but hysteria and paranoia are not normal.
Make a clear and concise and rational statement and you will get Dante's attention
I'm serious. I have listed the real facts.
They call you hysterical? Condolences. Take Prozac.

Your attention?
Do you know Russian? Have you ever been in Russia?

A nation's people have always convinced themselves their leadership are the good guys

Not always.
i-817.jpg

Gorbachev, Khrushchev, Yeltsin was pedigreed assholes ... =))
Yeltsin gave the war in Chechnya. So many innocents were killed (Chechens). How can we consider it a "good guy"?

Khrushchev gave the Crimea.
With the Russian population.
Opinion wondering how you can donate "2 million people? =)))
Khrushchev's son lives in the United States.
Granddaughter - teaches politics at the University of the United States.

That's interesting interviews
Нина Хрущева: «Путин подавится Крымом»

Her grandfather gave the territory. He is good.
And Putin returned people to their homeland. He is bad.
Bad for whom? =))

The interview - 100% false.
And when an American writes simple things - I can understand that. He just does not know.
But when shit writes of Khrushchev's granddaughter. Who teaches politics.
This is the political prostitution.

And by the way. Note the name of the portal.
This is Russian propaganda.

It's amazing, right? Russian propaganda on its website provides links to the other point of view.
Something like that is on the CNN or Fox News?

We watch the news, and Russian and American. And we are shocked by the amount of lies, which is shown in the United States.
About Georgia, about Abkhazia, Crimea, Ukraine, Russia.

Last edited:

A nation's people have always convinced themselves their leadership are the good guys

Not always.
i-817.jpg

Gorbachev, Khrushchev, Yeltsin was pedigreed assholes ... =))
Yeltsin gave the war in Chechnya. So many innocents were killed (Chechens). How can we consider it a "good guy"?

Khrushchev gave the Crimea.
With the Russian population.
Opinion wondering how you can donate "2 million people? =)))
Khrushchev's son lives in the United States.
Granddaughter - teaches politics at the University of the United States.

That's interesting interviews
Нина Хрущева: «Путин подавится Крымом»

Her grandfather gave the territory. He is good.
And Putin returned people to their homeland. He is bad.
Bad for whom? =))

The interview - 100% false.
And when an American writes simple things - I can understand that. He just does not know.
But when shit writes of Khrushchev's granddaughter. Who teaches politics.
This is the political prostitution.

And by the way. Note the name of the portal.
This is Russian propaganda.

It's amazing, right? Russian propaganda on its website provides links to the other point of view.
Something like that is on the CNN or Fox News?

Without Yeltzin, you, your family, everyone you know would be dead.

What are you saying? Spit it out. You think Americans won't watch the video because they believe that Putin is the enemy? I know this already. That's why I post the video..........to show that he is not.

Why is that? Who told you that?
Yeltsin had killed a lot of Russian.
The World Was Never Closer To Nuclear War Than On Jan. 25, 1995 - Business Insider
Coulda, shoulda, didn't.
Many times I have noticed that in the West they write good things about those people who have made a lot of bad for the Russian.
And vice versa. Demonize those who do for the Russian something good.
We can not verify this story. And I do not think that's true. Yeltsin was a binge alcoholic.

Here he began to speak, confusing page. And in the beginning, he read "the final word" =)
- This is the end?
I can not imagine...
- Now, for 1 minute, you must decide the fate of the world.
I think that if the United States have caused a real nuclear strike, Yeltsin would not even wake up =)

On the other hand
There is the easiest a parameter.
birth rate / mortality.
1991=)
2012-06-853-3977.jpg

Take Stalin.
Assassin. The Dictator.
Take dry numbers
s640x480

Bad Stalin - 2.5
Good Yeltsin - 0.5

=))))

These figures without political and ideological garbage.
If a man lives well - he gives birth to children.
If a man lives is very good - he gives birth to many children.
If a man lives bad, he had no money, no stability - he does not give birth children.

And the war in Chechnya is a crime.

Dante, which offends you more? The US supporting terrorism in Syria and elsewhere....or Russian President Vladimir Putin calling attention to it in a video posted on USMB.

Why is that? Who told you that?
Yeltsin had killed a lot of Russian.

The World Was Never Closer To Nuclear War Than On Jan. 25, 1995 - Business Insider

Coulda, shoulda, didn't.
I think another man in such case would have dealt the same way. Except he would not have allowed western consultants robbing the country and push it on the edge of death.
However, I have read his book "the president's marathon", he was trying to show up as a well-doer and strong leader, but was only the one who wanted to do good and did worst.

What are you saying? Spit it out. You think Americans won't watch the video because they believe that Putin is the enemy? I know this already. That's why I post the video..........to show that he is not.

It was more the gibberish you wrote than any video

Forum List

Back